Where were you on 9/11, what do you remember

I was at home and my office called me, told me to turn on the TV. I was glued to the television for the next three or four hours, saw the second plane hit and the towers fall. It was heart wrenching. Finally made it to work and watched the rest of the day.

Our office is in the flight path of Atlanta Airport, I stepped outside and was struck how eerily silent the sky was.

Yeah, Rush Limbaugh was actually in the sky in his private jet on 9/11.

He related the next day, that the radio come on and ordered his pilot to land the plane.

The pilot started giving the guy on the radio flak, (never imagining there could be an emergency like this.)

And Rush said the radio's answer was, "Land or you will be shot down!"

Boy! Did that pilot shut up and land the plane!

Last edited:
I was right there standing outside the WTC waiting for the guy I work with to get off the subway just as the 1st plane hit. I prefer not to discuss the rest of that day other than to say it was a day I will never forget.

When people like jillian calls those memorializing it...wallowing...I'd like to piss on her. That's all she deserves. She can shut her radio or T.V. off, while shutting her ignorant mouth as well.

People like that are so locked in Bush Derangement Syndrome, they don't deserve any credence.

You are so right.

I was sound asleep in Fairbanks. My husband woke me and told me to look at the TV. I thought I was seeing a die hard movie. Groggy and had to pee so I went into the bathroom and that's when he said "There are people jumping from those building."

I watched that documentary those two french brothers filmed. They had been following some rookies from the NY Fire Department, and they were the only persons who filmed the first plane hitting.

They were in the North Tower with the Fire Dept. And you hear in the background, BAM, BAM BAM BAM!

Every 20 or 30 seconds, BAM!

And this one Fire Chief, turns to the camera looking like he's fighting tears and said, "Man it must be terrible up there for them to be jumping like that."

And that's when I realized those BAMs I was hearing were bodies hitting the awnings and parts of the building on the way down.

AWFUL! It was just horrible to hear.

I was right there standing outside the WTC waiting for the guy I work with to get off the subway just as the 1st plane hit. I prefer not to discuss the rest of that day other than to say it was a day I will never forget.

When people like jillian calls those memorializing it...wallowing...I'd like to piss on her. That's all she deserves. She can shut her radio or T.V. off, while shutting her ignorant mouth as well.

People like that are so locked in Bush Derangement Syndrome, they don't deserve any credence.

You are so right.

Thanks. I was taught that there are times when if you can't say anything nice...don't say anything at all. This is one of them.

I have a lot more of a personal story to tell about that day but to see her say that is just despicable.

You are so right.

Thanks. I was taught that there are times when if you can't say anything nice...don't say anything at all. This is one of them.

I have a lot more of a personal story to tell about that day but to see her say that is just despicable.

I agree!

It was very weird for me. I was doing what I did this morning, up early checking overseas markets and stuff on my computer prior to Wall St. kicking off its day. Every morning same routine. Right hand turned on the computer and simultaneously the left turned on the radio. Except that morning I didn't turn the radio on and never noticed it. A couple of hours later the bride came running into my office after seeing TV coverage of the first plane that hit the tower to get my take on it, and of course I didn't have a clue what she was referring to. So I tuned on the office TV just moments before the second plane hit, and we sat there mesmerized by the coverage for the next several hours.

How/why I didn't turn on the radio that day I've thought about innumerable times since.

I've still got the Chicago Tribune that I bought on 9/12.

Sobering video...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bo1ZtpKqlYw&noredirect=1]September 11: FAA Closure of US Airspace - YouTube[/ame]

and on 9/12 we stood as one.......

but we wasted it....we wasted the support of the world by attacking iraq

Sorry, but that is nonsense.

no its not....9/12 we were all together....americans....

the free world stood with the us.....

we wasted all that good will.....by attacking iraq.....

All you are childishly saying, is the country is ONLY together "when we liberals get our way and ONLY when we get our way!"

If you libs wouldn't stay United with the President and support him in Iraq, THEN THAT'S ON YOU!

Grow up and get over it. That's not what this thread is about.

no i am stating a fact about 9/12 that you cant understand apparently

one other thing i remember about 9/11 ....canada moved in to help....with what little forces they have but they moved in to protect nyc and they donated blood...in record numbers and in the days following ..opened their homes to stranded flyers

I always kept this story bookmarked.

Six Years After Sept. 11, a Town Mourns - ABC News

"Outside of Middletown, some have questioned the usefulness of routinely eulogizing the dead every Sept. 11. The New York Times published a front-page article last Sunday entitled, "As 9/11 Draws Near, a Debate Rises: How Much Tribute Is Enough?"

"But here, there is no such debate."

"Everyone here is more aware of the fragility of life since Sept. 11. We know more than a lot of other communities just how precious what we have is."

I remember the weather was identical to what it is today here in the NYC area. The 11th anniversary of 9/11.

Last edited:

one other thing i remember about 9/11 ....canada moved in to help....with what little forces they have but they moved in to protect nyc and they donated blood...in record numbers and in the days following ..opened their homes to stranded flyers

That is NOT fact, that is your opinion.

And all YOU ARE STILL saying, is "we will stay United with the country ONLY IF THE COUNTRY AGREES WITH US!"

Get over it, most of your wonderful Democrats you support VOTED TO GO TO IRAQ.

Deal with it.

You are 100% correct Bones.

Even in Iran they held a solem candle light vigil for the U.S. victims.

And thousands of Iranian citizens showed up to participate in down town Tehran. :cool:

You are 100% correct Bones.

Even in Iran they held a solem candle light vigil for the U.S. victims.

And thousands of Iranian citizens showed up to participate in down town Tehran. :cool:

Oh, Bones! You really proved your point. You got a Muslim extremist who once said we women will eventually be forced to wear Burkahs, to agree with you.

Really shows how valid your opinion is, HUH?

I am not referring to what you say about 9/12, although I must say that if you think the whole world stood with the US then you really are naive. Some people were celebrating the attacks in the streets - remember?

I am referring to your opinion that the US lost support because of the invasion of Iraq in 2003.
First of all, many other countries joined the US in its resumption of hostilities against Iraq.
Second, the overthrow of saddam Hussein was very popular in Iraq (really) and would not have come about in any other way.
Third, in the wake of this invasion many things started to shift in the Middle East and in a positive way.

Forum List

Back