Where were you ... in '72?

Where was I in '72?

409258_sperma_ondo_ugy_jo.gif

Neil Young- Heart of Gold
----------------------------------

First released in '67, it ended up at #103 in '68. Re-released in '72, it went to #2 in the US.

Moody Blues- Nights in White Satin

I blame the Moody Blues for the reason I can't dance.

Not born yet. I did own a '72 Cutlass S though. Fine car with a lot of torque and easy burnouts. Not mine but identical except for the silly wing they put on there.

Back from Vietnam. In college, in Pittsburgh. Working as a security guard. Driving a '68 Malibu (327, 4 speed). Not a bad year, but not the best.

72 was a very good year because I was fighting during the Spring-Easter Offensive. For amusement I listened to Radio Hanoi because it had hard rock and Radio Saigon had soft rock. 72 was the year of Hanoi Jane and the year Nixon went to Red China. I turned 21 years old on the gun line and went to Haiphong Harbor. In 72 I got R&R in Hong Kong where the Commodore got arrested for saying Fuck The Queen. I was one of a band of men who rescued the Commodore fully armed. 72 was a very good year.

Lived for a year in Mission Beach in San Diego with a couple friends, huge wake up call coming form the MI. Loved it.:) So much fun.

Last edited:
Opened my first bicycle shop in a college town. Sold it two years later.

I was in Eugene OR for the Olympics tryouts. First time I saw Prefontaine run.

Neil Young- Heart of Gold
----------------------------------

First released in '67, it ended up at #103 in '68. Re-released in '72, it went to #2 in the US.

Moody Blues- Nights in White Satin

I blame the Moody Blues for the reason I can't dance.

Loved the Moody Blues. Loved Madman Across the Water and Layla. But to dance, you had to get yourself out on the floor first, loosen up, learn to move your hips, and bend your knees a bit. You were just lazy!

(Darn you!. You just sent me down memory lane to the District of Columbia of the 1970s, so I just played Eddie Kendrix's Boogie Down in your honor).

Senior in high school in Giggleweeds, Indiana... Hitch hiked to Daytona during spring break with 2 friends... Had a pocket full of Quaaludes and Mr. Natural blotter Acid... A great time was had by all... :04: Made it back to Indiana without getting arrested... Life was good...

Forum List

Back