Where was this anti war bullshit when Obama wrecked Libya and helped kill their leader?

We d
Inquiring minds want to know...

There's a 2 major differences I can tell.
-First difference, Libya was part of the Arab spring. Something that at the time was recognized as a popular uprising of its populace against traditionally hostile regimes. As such most Western governments saw in it an actual opportunity to switch those countries from autocratic to democratic governments. Events have proven it wrong but the reasoning stands. N-Korea has no such mechanism, there is no exit strategy.
-Second difference, LIBYA DOESN'T HAVE A HYDROGEN bomb. Seems kind of bigly considering that invading N-Korea would have a high chance of causing MILLIONS of deaths.
Hope this handles your inquire?

We don't need to invade a 3rd world shithole to defeat them.

That's NUMBER 3

Can you please rephrase it, I don't know what you are trying to say? What 3rd world shithole?

NORTH KOREA

We d

-First difference, Libya was part of the Arab spring. Something that at the time was recognized as a popular uprising of its populace against traditionally hostile regimes. As such most Western governments saw in it an actual opportunity to switch those countries from autocratic to democratic governments. Events have proven it wrong but the reasoning stands. N-Korea has no such mechanism, there is no exit strategy.
-Second difference, LIBYA DOESN'T HAVE A HYDROGEN bomb. Seems kind of bigly considering that invading N-Korea would have a high chance of causing MILLIONS of deaths.

That's NUMBER 3

Can you please rephrase it, I don't know what you are trying to say? What 3rd world shithole?

NORTH KOREA

So, your question is why, I assume the left is anti-war, when you don't want war with N-Korea? I'm a bit confused.

We d

That's NUMBER 3

NORTH KOREA

So, your question is why, I assume the left is anti-war, when you don't want war with N-Korea? I'm a bit confused.

Now I am too. I guess I misunderstood your original post?

We d

That's NUMBER 3
NORTH KOREA
I'll try to rephrase. I understood the question as why did the left didn't oppose Libya while now being vehemently against war talk with N-Korea?
I replied by stating that Libya was not so much considered a war, as a liberation after the populace rose up against a hostile regime. While N-Korea although arguably even being more oppressed doesn't have the same friendly populace and even more importantly can't be liberated without causing unacceptable loss of life.
I thought my reply covered the premise of your OP.

We d

That's NUMBER 3
NORTH KOREA
I'll try to rephrase. I understood the question as why did the left didn't oppose Libya while now being vehemently against war talk with N-Korea?
I replied by stating that Libya was not so much considered a war, as a liberation after the populace rose up against a hostile regime. While N-Korea although arguably even being more oppressed doesn't have the same friendly populace and even more importantly can't be liberated without causing unacceptable loss of life.
It may have but I've spent the day watching ball, teaching my grandson to ride a tricycle and drinking.

NORTH KOREA
It may have but I've spent the day watching ball, teaching my grandson to ride a tricycle and drinking.
Never mind then, I just saw you were active on this OP and I thought it interesting enough to want to discuss. Since I could understand how the 2 positions could be considered hypocritical.

NORTH KOREA
Never mind then, I just saw you were active on this OP and I thought it interesting enough to want to discuss. Since I could understand how the 2 positions could be considered hypocritical.
Fair enough but the op is kinda old at this point. At this point I'm relegated to watching Lego Batman to stop my grandsons protests so I'm relatively useless

Fair enough but the op is kinda old at this point. At this point I'm relegated to watching Lego Batman to stop my grandsons protests so I'm relatively useless
Well have fun, I just spent most of the evening playing checkers with my 5 year old daughter, you have my sympathy.

Forum List

Back