Where was the outrage over Vinny Testervedre phantom TD in 1998??

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
that cost Seahawks a chance for the playoffs???????????????????

Vinny T was a good yard from the goal line.

these were reg refs.

But because it was the Seahawks that got screwed - it got sluffed -off....................

Everytime the Seahawks gets screwed - it gets sluffed - off..................................

I saw that game between the Hawks and Jets and it stand as one of the worst refereeing calls of all time. But I think most, not all Seattle fans, have gotten over it just as most, not all Seattle fans have gotten over the Superbowl game against Pittsburgh.

The results of the Seattle/Jets game was the following year instance replay was used for the first time.

Last edited:

these were reg refs.

But because it was the Seahawks that got screwed - it got sluffed -off....................

Outrage is reserved for the teams that the media cares about. It's a big deal if the Packers, Steelers, Cowboys, or Patriots get jobbed, because it hardly ever happens.

Fuxking reg ref zebras said Tesrevervedes helmet look ed like a football.

The ass-hole wa stopped a good yard short of the endzone - yet the fuckeing zebras raised TD

Cost the Seahawks the playoffs

So dont preach

these were reg refs.

Wow, I can't believe that you didn't know about the memo the NFL commissioner wrote to all referees back in the late 90s.

I have a copy of it that I got from a sports memorabilia place. Here it is:

Office Of The National Football League Commissioner

June 1, 1998

Effectively immediately, all National Football League referees who are officiating Seattle Seahawks games should do everything in their power to screw over the Seattle Seahawks players, coaches, and fans.

The following practices against the Seattle Seahawks are encouraged:

1. "Ticky-tack" holding penalties
2. Routine rejection of all Seattle Seahawk replay reviews
3. Generous football placement for all Seattle Seahawk opponents, to ensure opponent first downs.
4. Adoption of a "close enough" touchdown criteria when opponents have the football near the Seahawks goal line.

Sincerely,
Paul Tagliabue

It's because the Seahawks suck shit and haven't had a good player since Steve Largent.

Deal with it. :thup:

Cortez Kennedy, Jerry Rice, Warren Moon, Franco Harris, and Carl Elder all played for the Seattle Seahawks. All are in the NFL hall of fame.

Jim Zorn, Shaun Alexander, who set the record for TD in a season, Rickey Watters, Chad Brown, Jacob Green, although not in the Hall were also allstar players.

Are you saying none of these players weren't worth a shit?

Forum List

Back