Where Was God?

Joz said:
Ok, let's discuss this. But I hafta warn you that I might just get rather shitty. Please understand it isn't directed at YOU, personally; you just might be the recipient of some of my anger.

My son died 3 weeks before his 15th birthday. No warning; it just happened. I begged God for my son's life as the EMTs worked over him. Think I haven't had questions? Think I have a 'right' to question God? One side tells me I'm insignificant 'in the big picture'. The other side tells me I was important enough for Christ to give His life. I was once told that I should be happy that I will one day again see my son. I am grateful for that opportunity. Somehow that isn't all that comforting. Not when I have to live without him every single breath I take. So, which is it?

I am so sorry you lost your son.
There is no compensation for the loss.
I wont offer you any religious opinion, but I will offer what I hope you find to be a little comfort.
The memories you have of your son honor his life. The memories that you will find the most comforting are those that made him the person you love.
You dont have to wait "to see your son". He is with you everyday in your heart and in your memories. I think it is comforting to respect the time you shared and the privilege it was to share it.
We all know that death is going to seperate us from those near and dear to us at some time. There is a book that offers up different attitudes about death call "We Are But a Moment's Sunlight". It has some short stories and poems that offer a little relief.

sagegirl said:
I am so sorry you lost your son.
There is no compensation for the loss.
Thank you for your kind words. I truly appreciate them.
The memories you have of your son honor his life. The memories that you will find the most comforting are those that made him the person you love.
You dont have to wait "to see your son". He is with you everyday in your heart and in your memories. I think it is comforting to respect the time you shared and the privilege it was to share it.
Ah, but this is a two-edged sword. There are moments when I can laugh at something Zachary once said or did. But the reality that I only have the memory cuts quick to the heart.
We all know that death is going to seperate us from those near and dear to us at some time.
This is true. But we always expect it to be a grown-up. You know, a friend, a grandparent, a parent. We aren't suppose to bury our children. That upsets the balance. Only [some] that have lost children realize that not only is there an emotional grief, but it is actually physical as well. I lost my father the year before my son. I truly loved my father, but compared to my son, I would lose him a hundred times over.

Forum List

Back