Where us fatties are

Serum blood tests should never be used to determine anyone's way forward, regarding any medications or radical treatment plans.

Here's a few ways how fucked up it can be:

If you're in the midst of a rapid weight-loss program, your LDL and triglyceride scores might sky rocket.

Your average Primary Doctor will see this, and want to test you again in a little while and then if it's high again, put you on statins...which are pretty horrible for you.

But these are the scores you'd EXPECT during a time of rapid weight-loss. LDL is a "carrier," they call it a boat actually...and your body needs more carriers to transport your stored, BAD fat out of your system when there's more being freed up and converted to energy.

Youre burning fat, amd your serum "snapshot" at this moment in time may call you wholly unhealthy and at high risk for hesrt disease based on conventional 'wisdom.'

A second example is gfr on a serum test...it measures kidney function. On the standard serum blood test..they measure creatinine which is a waste product and they use a formula to determine your "guesstimated" kidney function.

Its wholly inaccurate...but they...USE IT!

Doctors that work SPECIFICALLY with athletes will automatically ignore the serum creatinine being elevated. It will always be elevated if youre exercising intensely...

but if youre exercising as an athlete, but working with a REGULAR primary...theyll send you for a battery of follow up tests and even advise you to alter your diet. Based on this one little snapshot, and incomplete knowledge.

Its gross because it costs assloads of $$$$$$ unnecessarily...takes you through the ringer.

The true test of kidney function would be a 24 hpur creatinine elimination test. A before and after...not just a snapshot of current serum level.

Theres tons of these stories...but thats just a couple for anyone interested in this crap.

Americans used to be physical laborers and when we stopped being physical laborers, we just went right on eating like we were. That's about as best as I can figure what happened.

Also, the low-fat, high-carb nonsense in the 80s did a lot of damage.
A lot has to do with the mis-construed data on dietary cholesterol.

They used it to make the original food pyramid.

The food pyramid, high carb/low fat, when it was published as a guideline? That year.... and the year that obesity began its upward skyrocket ....are
the same.

Why does that matter? We dont need to follow the federal guideline food pyramid, one would think! Irrelevant, one would think! Thats actually false.

Here's the rub. Any single federal cent ...that went towards any food program of any sort, actually DID have to follow the guideline. And I forget the % of the population that that affects, and its not just a poverty thing because the claws are so big regarding federal dollars/food programs...but the percentage of folks the guidelines affects is huge.

Sugar wins, and the Ancel Keys science was not scrutinized properly.

Just anecdotally, I know. My MIL is one of the healthiest women you will ever meet. Mid-60s and passed for my daughter's mother when visiting her on campus, sometimes her older sister! Fit, tiny, youthful, walks hours and hours every week. She has high cholesterol. Her dr was after and after her about her diet. She was almost wasting away at one point trying to get it down. For what we finally told her? She had no other health markers. Her dr finally let up...I think when some of the new research came out.

Americans used to be physical laborers and when we stopped being physical laborers, we just went right on eating like we were. That's about as best as I can figure what happened.

Also, the low-fat, high-carb nonsense in the 80s did a lot of damage.

I remember that craze. Even got caught up in it myself. Low or no fat milk and yoghurt. And everyone was fatter than ever. :cool-45:

but to get ample nutrition you have to eat head to toe because the organs contain many of the vital nutrients.
It seems that most Americans don't eat organ meat. Personally, I love chicken livers fried in butter. They're delicious. And they are densely loaded with nutrients that they are practically a superfood.

Nutritional Info: Chicken, liver, all classes, cooked, simmered

There is a reason that the first thing that predators like lions, tigers, wolves and even house cats eat on a kill is the liver.

And they are super cheap too. The last time I went grocery shopping I picked them up for $1.19/lb

but to get ample nutrition you have to eat head to toe because the organs contain many of the vital nutrients.
It seems that most Americans don't eat organ meat. Personally, I love chicken livers fried in butter. They're delicious. And they are densely loaded with nutrients that they are practically a superfood.

Nutritional Info: Chicken, liver, all classes, cooked, simmered

There is a reason that the first thing that predators like lions, tigers, wolves and even house cats eat on a kill is the liver.

And they are super cheap too. The last time I went grocery shopping I picked them up for $1.19/lb

I like them too.

I've seen chickens' feet for sale in American stores.

I just couldn't!

as-graphic-obesity-in-USA-v3.jpg

OK, so it’s not PC to say that. I don’t care. I’m a blob of fat and hate every second of not losing it.

"Almost 50 years into the upward curve of obesity rates we haven't yet found the right mix of programs to stop the epidemic.”

"Isolated programs and calls for lifestyle changes aren't enough.

Instead, our report highlights the fundamental changes that are needed in the social and economic conditions that make it challenging for people to eat healthy foods and get sufficient exercise."

Diet and exercise.

That’s the secret, isn’t it?

How does one exercise when one can barely stand up – and then with only a rollador?

And what’s the secret to a diet that keeps blood sugar levels from dropping like a stone?

(Just came back from a visit to the ER and my BS was at 32 – hypoglycemia.)

More of the story @ Obesity map of USA reveals the states where 40% are dangerously overweight
The coming recession might be deep enough for us to have a good famine.
^^^
Wishful thinking of a desperate Democrat. :icon_rolleyes:

Last edited:
as-graphic-obesity-in-USA-v3.jpg

OK, so it’s not PC to say that. I don’t care. I’m a blob of fat and hate every second of not losing it.

"Almost 50 years into the upward curve of obesity rates we haven't yet found the right mix of programs to stop the epidemic.”

"Isolated programs and calls for lifestyle changes aren't enough.

Instead, our report highlights the fundamental changes that are needed in the social and economic conditions that make it challenging for people to eat healthy foods and get sufficient exercise."

Diet and exercise.

That’s the secret, isn’t it?

How does one exercise when one can barely stand up – and then with only a rollador?

And what’s the secret to a diet that keeps blood sugar levels from dropping like a stone?

(Just came back from a visit to the ER and my BS was at 32 – hypoglycemia.)

More of the story @ Obesity map of USA reveals the states where 40% are dangerously overweight
The coming recession might be deep enough for us to have a good famine.
^^^
Wishful thinking of a desperate Democrat. :icon_rolleyes:
Realism is not "wishful thinking".

New Topics

Forum List

Back