Where to from here

JBeukema

Rookie
Apr 23, 2009
everywhere and nowhere
(I'll do it my damned self :evil:)

For the last few years, we heard all about Iraq; from the perspective of a civilian in the States, it seemed like Afghanistan was forgotten, the dirty secret nobody spoke about because they couldn't spin it into a great American victory

Given the history of that region, his chances of surviving are slim to none.

Willow, your AWOL bastard failed to do what was neccessary after the initial occupation of Afghanistan. And now, we get the oppertunity to fight the Taliban all over again because of his criminal stupidity. Afghanistan has been known as the graveyard of empires for centuries for good reason. You mess up there, and they cut you no slack. The Bush program of torture and failure to work on infrastructure has convinced all to many Afghans that we are just another empire.

I predict the next world war will be driven by actions of either paki/afghan, or iran.

There are only 2 solutions to dealing with afghan, and that is to completely pull out, or conduct a total scorched earth policy of mass slaughter.

From a military standpoint, a solution is even less likely or achievable than it would be in iraq. There is broad, local public support at the grassroots level for the taliban in large parts of afghan, and they enjoy nearly infinite funding from large parts of saudi society who is enjoying huge amounts of oil revenue.

As americans, we are funding the war on both sides, driving oil-consuming vehicles and defense expenditures.

There are only 2 solutions to dealing with afghan, and that is to completely pull out, or conduct a total scorched earth policy of mass slaughter. .
You're an idiot. Just like Iraq, the only viable solution is to win over the Afghani people and guide the emergence of a coalition government capable of maintaining order and that refuses to harbor Al Queda and others like them.

I don't know if there's any way to stop them...

Do what the Brits did elsewhere and to some degree there...scorched earth...

Of course, we all hope this boy's fate will be to come home.The Afghanistanis (probably the Pashtuns) who are holding him captive?He's just another foreign infidel whose presence in their land is unwelcomed.

Which would be fine, except they are exporting their diseased death cult - along with its requisite terrorism - into other people's countries, and so long as they prefer to do so, and not keep it within the boundaries of their own national shitholes, we have no choice but to take the battle to them.

Those people do not want to be just like us, and I seriously doubt that anything short of genocide is going to change their attitudes.
I vote for genocide, then...

Of course, we all hope this boy's fate will be to come home.The Afghanistanis (probably the Pashtuns) who are holding him captive?He's just another foreign infidel whose presence in their land is unwelcomed.

Which would be fine, except they are exporting their diseased death cult - along with its requisite terrorism - into other people's countries, and so long as they prefer to do so, and not keep it within the boundaries of their own national shitholes, we have no choice but to take the battle to them.

Those people do not want to be just like us, and I seriously doubt that anything short of genocide is going to change their attitudes.
I vote for genocide, then...

History does seem to indicate that that sort of thing doesn't work.

Forum List

Back