Where the Wild Things Are

Jon

The CPA
Mar 20, 2008
Fayetteville, AR
Two thumbs up. Very powerful story, told from the point-of-view of a 9 year old kid. True to the book? To an extent. It was the only version of the movie that Maurice Sendak ever approved, and there have been many proposals over the years. I think what Jonze was able to capture is the power of a child's imagination, and how children can use it to escape. Plus, it shows the emotions that a child experiences during something like his parents' divorce.

I wouldn't wait in line to see it again in a theater, but I definitely enjoyed it. Great way to spend my birthday, at least.

Happy Birthday Dude!

As far as the movie goes, I went to see it because Gene Shalet said it was good.

I thought it was a really interesting movie, really made me feel like a kid again. Definitely not what I was expecting. If I were to give it a rating, probably 9/10.

Inglourious Basterds still the best film of the year though, as far as I'm concerned.

Inglourious Basterds was a major letdown. The best film of the year was by far District 9, followed by Up. But Avatar is still due in December, and I think that movie is going to be mind-blowing.

Forum List

Back