Where the Money Lives

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
Investigation: Mitt Romney

Romney’s personal tax rate is a particular point of interest. In 2010 and 2011, Mitt and Ann paid $6.2 million in federal tax on $42.5 million in income, for an average tax rate just shy of 15 percent, substantially less than what most middle-income Americans pay. Romney manages this low rate because he takes his payments from Bain Capital as investment income, which is taxed at a maximum 15 percent, instead of the 35 percent he would pay on “ordinary” income, such as salaries and wages. Many tax experts argue that the form of remuneration he receives, known as carried interest, is really just a fee charged by investment managers, so it should instead be taxed at the 35 percent rate. Lee Sheppard, a contributing editor at the trade publication Tax Notes, whose often controversial articles are read widely by tax professionals, is nonplussed that the Obama campaign has been so listless on the issue of carried interest. “Romney is the poster boy, the best argument, for taxing this profit share as ordinary income,” says Sheppard.

In the face of such arguments, Romney’s defense is that he never broke the rules: if there is a problem, it is in the laws, not in his behavior. “I pay all the taxes that are legally required, not a dollar more,” he said. Even so. “When you are running for president, you might want to err on the side of overpaying your taxes, and not chase every tax gimmick that comes down the pike,” says Sheppard. “It kind of looks tacky.”

Well, yes it does. But on the other hand, the rich live by an entirely different set of rules.

Mitt and Ann paid $6.2 million in federal tax
Holy shit that is a lot more tax then me or any average American paid, good luck to him as a businessman and I truly admire him as such. now if he wants to be an American president to represent me without having lived in America as I and most of us have lived, then I would be very happy to see someone put him and his entire family out of his hypocrisy, by any brutal means necessary.

Last edited:
No.. I want the laws and rules that are set forth and supported by government that have different rules for person X making 50K and person Y making 50MIL... well, besides the differing unequal treatment of taxation that we already know is taking place

Read the article.

Why are you so consumed with the wealth and tax burdens of other Americans? Why are you so jealous of other peoples achievements. I think your time would be better served focusing on yourself. Also if you think the democrats get a pass on the subject of money and taxes...
just give Rangel, Geithner, Waters, Boxer, Feinstein, Pelosi, and Reid....(for starters) a good look over and stop whining....BOOP...ask yourself this; how much better would your life be without wealthy Americans?

Last edited:
No.. I want the laws and rules that are set forth and supported by government that have different rules for person X making 50K and person Y making 50MIL... well, besides the differing unequal treatment of taxation that we already know is taking place

Read the article.

I did, idiot..

Now... you tell us ALL the time that it is ok to have differing tax law.. well.. that is when it benefits YOU...

So I guess you would support a tax system that would treat the rich identical to the poor, and vice versa.. such as a flat tax with zero loopholes, zero exemptions, zero floor, no ceiling, and with all income treated exactly the same on every dollar earned without exception...

If not.. then shut the fuck up with your hypocrisy... You want equal treatment or you don't.. not just the selective equal treatment you and your ilk are famous for

Read the article.

Why are you so consumed with the wealth and tax burdens of other Americans? Why are you so jealous of other peoples achievements. I think your time would be better served focusing on yourself. Also if you think the democrats get a pass on the subject of money and and taxes...
just give Rangel, Geithner, Waters, Boxer, Feinstein, Pelosi, and Reid....(for starters) a good look over and stop whining....BOOP

Because he's running for President, and he intends to lower taxes for the wealthy even further. THAT'S why.

Read the article.

I did, idiot..

Now... you tell us ALL the time that it is ok to have differing tax law.. well.. that is when it benefits YOU...

So I guess you would support a tax system that would treat the rich identical to the poor, and vice versa.. such as a flat tax with zero loopholes, zero exemptions, zero floor, no ceiling, and with all income treated exactly the same on every dollar earned without exception...

If not.. then shut the fuck up with your hypocrisy... You want equal treatment or you don't.. not just the selective equal treatment you and your ilk are famous for

Yeah, I don't believe you read it.

Read the article.

Why are you so consumed with the wealth and tax burdens of other Americans? Why are you so jealous of other peoples achievements. I think your time would be better served focusing on yourself. Also if you think the democrats get a pass on the subject of money and and taxes...
just give Rangel, Geithner, Waters, Boxer, Feinstein, Pelosi, and Reid....(for starters) a good look over and stop whining....BOOP

Because he's running for President, and he intends to lower taxes for the wealthy even further. THAT'S why.

But you have no problem with others paying zero tax, or having deductions or loopholes...

Yep.. hypocrisy.. You want to get rid of some loopholes or exception rules for some, you better be willing to get rid of the all for all

Read the article.

I did, idiot..

Yeah, I don't believe you read it.

Yawn offshore this, his wife 15% in taxes that, etc etc etc... read it...

But does not take away from your hypocrisy

But you have no problem with others paying zero tax, or having deductions or loopholes...

Yep.. hypocrisy.. You want to get rid of some loopholes or exception rules for some, you better be willing to get rid of the all for all

Your mind is made up, and I've never made a habit of arguing with cement. You don't want to discuss the article, you just want to attack me. Frankly, that's boring.

Your mind is made up, and I've never made a habit of arguing with cement. You don't want to discuss the article, you just want to attack me. Frankly, that's boring.

Because you scream like it is an equality in treatment argument... but when equality in treatment is discussed in areas that do not give YOU or who you support benefit, you are against it... it is ONLY for those who you vilify or have envy against.. namely those 'evil rich'

Sorry.. either you want equality or you don't... and clearly, you and your ilk don't

Read the article.

Boop tell me how your life would be better without filthy rich people living in your society?

Boop tell me how your life would be better without filthy rich people living in your society?

I guess Boop has no answer for my question

Forum List

Back