Where should I do my accounting internship?

I was just kidding about Arkansas. I actually enjoy going out there. Little Rock is a cool town. Hot Springs is nice. I'll be there in May for a show. Probably hang around for a week or so.

Let's see. Aventura IS nice, but it's a hella long commute to downtown in the morning through not very nice neighborhoods. You can get off of I-95 and take other roads, but the areas between downtown and Aventura can be scary.

Don't get me wrong, I LIKE Miami, and I miss the cafe con leche in little Havana, but it wouldn't be a place I'd choose to live.

you think?

I work here in Downtown on brickell bay dr...with traffic it is a half hour to 45 min commute from Aventura...with no traffic it's a 15 min commute. Also going north to go home is 10 minutes because they just installed the express lanes where you pay for the fast lanes...so worth the 2 bucks every day I'm home in 10 min.

Yes the neighborhoods in between are shitty....ie liberty city...but usually you can drive through there through the day and are perfectly fine to avoid the 95 traffic

I used to live in a high rise called The Charter Club, right off of Biscayne blvd and 36th street, on Biscayne Bay, (It was such an awesome place, had a restaurant with room service to your condo, had a dry cleaners, a small grocer, a gym, a pool hall, a swimming pool/spa....with bar and grill) and i worked right near there.... The Omni Hotel area....the Mall there at one time was the Buying Head Quarters for a Department Store called Jordan Marsh who later was named Maas Brothers/Jordan Marsh who was then bought out by Federated and renamed Burdines Stores....or sold off by them if they already had a store in the mall our store was in....

Anyway, we sorta were near Liberty city, only the charter Club was on the EAST SIDE of Biscayne blvd and so was the Onmi, which made all the difference in the world....

I don't even know if the Omni Hotel and the Omni Mall or the Charter Club are even still there anymore....this was about 20 years ago!!!! :eek: The Corporate Buyers office moved to Tampa in 1989 or so, so that is how i ended up in tampa for almost a decade...was a Buyer at Dillard's St Pete office after jordan masch/Maas got bought out by Burdines.

I love Miami! The city used to become ALIVE at around midnight and hop till 4 am....(Of course i was very, very young)

I love Cuban Food....there was a place down in little havana called La esquina de tejas-(the texas corner) that had the BEST cuban food and cuban bread EVER....Ronald Reagan had visited the spot....pics of him every where.....don't know if that is still there too, but if it is Andrew/Catz you should eat there sometime!!!

Miami was great as well because it was just a couple of hours at most, to Islamorada, there was a hotel there that had a great tiki bar/bands and beach area and lots of spots to rent a boat to fish...my hubby and I used to do weekends there alot....the local restaurants would cook up your own catch for a small amount of money!

once in a while we would make the drive all the way down to key west....but really enjoyed islamorada better!

Care

I used to have a Maas Brothers credit card. Wife abused it when we split up. Was a hellova mess.

I like Tampa too, and it sounds like we may have been there at the same time. I was there from early 1984 to late 1987. Hurricane Elena hit during that period. Didn't know it when I bought it but my new brick home a couple blocks north of Kennedy Street and couple blocks west of Dale Mabry was one of the highest spots in Tampa, and it didn't flood, when almost all of Kennedy Street did. I was glad to get out of Florida though. Too humid, too many bugs, roaches, flees, spiders, and too damn flat. Nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there again. From the pictures you post care, we live in similar looking places now. I like the back woods. Suits me just fine. I don't care for big crowds or cities. I like my elbow room and my privacy. If I want to have a huge party and make noise and have a bonfire and such, I can. If I want to take a leisurely boat or canoe ride on the Wisconsin River, I can. If I want to be completely alone and not see other people, I can. Can't do those sorts of things in the city. City folks pay to come out here and do that kind of stuff. You're pretty much stuck right in the middle of the crowd where ever you go in the city. I hate it.

Last edited:
you think?

I work here in Downtown on brickell bay dr...with traffic it is a half hour to 45 min commute from Aventura...with no traffic it's a 15 min commute. Also going north to go home is 10 minutes because they just installed the express lanes where you pay for the fast lanes...so worth the 2 bucks every day I'm home in 10 min.

Yes the neighborhoods in between are shitty....ie liberty city...but usually you can drive through there through the day and are perfectly fine to avoid the 95 traffic

I used to live in a high rise called The Charter Club, right off of Biscayne blvd and 36th street, on Biscayne Bay, (It was such an awesome place, had a restaurant with room service to your condo, had a dry cleaners, a small grocer, a gym, a pool hall, a swimming pool/spa....with bar and grill) and i worked right near there.... The Omni Hotel area....the Mall there at one time was the Buying Head Quarters for a Department Store called Jordan Marsh who later was named Maas Brothers/Jordan Marsh who was then bought out by Federated and renamed Burdines Stores....or sold off by them if they already had a store in the mall our store was in....

Anyway, we sorta were near Liberty city, only the charter Club was on the EAST SIDE of Biscayne blvd and so was the Onmi, which made all the difference in the world....

I don't even know if the Omni Hotel and the Omni Mall or the Charter Club are even still there anymore....this was about 20 years ago!!!! :eek: The Corporate Buyers office moved to Tampa in 1989 or so, so that is how i ended up in tampa for almost a decade...was a Buyer at Dillard's St Pete office after jordan masch/Maas got bought out by Burdines.

I love Miami! The city used to become ALIVE at around midnight and hop till 4 am....(Of course i was very, very young)

I love Cuban Food....there was a place down in little havana called La esquina de tejas-(the texas corner) that had the BEST cuban food and cuban bread EVER....Ronald Reagan had visited the spot....pics of him every where.....don't know if that is still there too, but if it is Andrew/Catz you should eat there sometime!!!

Miami was great as well because it was just a couple of hours at most, to Islamorada, there was a hotel there that had a great tiki bar/bands and beach area and lots of spots to rent a boat to fish...my hubby and I used to do weekends there alot....the local restaurants would cook up your own catch for a small amount of money!

once in a while we would make the drive all the way down to key west....but really enjoyed islamorada better!

Care

I used to have a Maas Brothers credit card. Wife abused it when we split up. Was a hellova mess.

I like Tampa too, and it sounds like we may have been there at the same time. I was there from early 1984 to late 1987. Hurricane Elena hit during that period. Didn't know it when I bought it but my new brick home a couple blocks north of Kennedy Street and couple blocks west of Dale Mabry was one of the highest spots in Tampa, and it didn't flood, when almost all of Kennedy Street did. I was glad to get out of Florida though. Too humid, too many bugs, roaches, flees, spiders, and too damn flat. Nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there again. From the pictures you post care, we live in similar looking places now. I like the back woods. Suits me just fine. I don't care for big crowds or cities. I like my elbow room and my privacy. If I want to have a huge party and make noise and have a bonfire and such, I can. If I want to take a leisurely boat or canoe ride on the Wisconsin River, I can. If I want to be completely alone and not see other people, I can. Can't do those sorts of things in the city. City folks pay to come out here and do that kind of stuff. You're pretty much stuck right in the middle of the crowd where ever you go in the city. I hate it.

good ole maas bros!!!! sorry about your ex!

florida has too many bugs, is too humid and too hot, except in the winter...and i am heading there for three weeks, one month from today and counting down!!! :)

good ole maas bros!!!! sorry about your ex!

florida has too many bugs, is too humid and too hot, except in the winter...and i am heading there for three weeks, one month from today and counting down!!! :)

Yeah winter in Florida is great, and I plan on heading down there for January and February next year myself, maybe longer. But do have fun care! I'm looking forward to checking out some of my old stomping grounds in Tampa myself... TAKE PICS!... :D

Last edited:

Forum List

Back