Where oh where is Rahm Emmanuel? -- Hiding

It might also be that Emmanuel is the one who tipped off federal investigators about Blogo trying to sell the seat .. I don't know.

But being from Illinois, what do you know about this guy ... State Sen. James DeLeo?

"DeLeo is an extremely powerful politician. You know this because he's hardly ever quoted in newspaper stories.

Emanuel and DeLeo have a relationship. Emanuel is the congressman from the 5th Congressional District, where DeLeo is the Democratic state central committeeman. What hasn't been reported on much is that Emanuel has not yet resigned from the House. And if you want to play politics in Jimmy's sandbox, you need his OK.

more at link --
Man behind curtain is wizard of Rod, Rahm -- chicagotribune.com

John Kass has emerged over the past 8 years or so as the heir apparent of Mike Royko. He 'gets' Chicago pols, the mayor hates him often going nuts at news conferences and such. It's laughable, except really none of this is funny. The machine from Chicago feeds the combine of the state, the people of Illinois are stuck with these loons. However Fitzgerald brings some hope.

BAC, did you see that Ryan apology. Gag me.

John Kass has emerged over the past 8 years or so as the heir apparent of Mike Royko. He 'gets' Chicago pols, the mayor hates him often going nuts at news conferences and such. It's laughable, except really none of this is funny. The machine from Chicago feeds the combine of the state, the people of Illinois are stuck with these loons. However Fitzgerald brings some hope.

BAC, did you see that Ryan apology. Gag me.

You mean that was real?

I thought I was watching a SNL skit.

Seriously, what a weasel .. I was hoping he'd tell us how he and his wife were able to make it through all of 1997 on just 77 dollars. I could use that advice.

But I was no less amused by Dick Durbin and his calls for clemency. Does it never end?

Personally, I'd have felt a lot better about Fitzgerald as AG than Holder.

You mean that was real?

I thought I was watching a SNL skit.

Seriously, what a weasel .. I was hoping he'd tell us how he and his wife were able to make it through all of 1997 on just 77 dollars. I could use that advice.

But I was no less amused by Dick Durbin and his calls for clemency. Does it never end?

Personally, I'd have felt a lot better about Fitzgerald as AG than Holder.

I agree about Holder. However I'm glad Fitzgerald is staying put, at least it appears that way.

As for Durbin, as I keep saying in this locale it's not about party, it's about clout. They stick together, well unless they don't. LOL! The mayor sometimes throws caught cronies to the wolves, but it's rare.

How do YOU know he doesn't?

How do we know you're not a pederast, if someone implies you are?

We don't but we are also intellectually honest enough to demand proof that the charges against you have merit.

I'm not confusing you by explaining to you how people with integrity act when unsubstantiated charges are made against other people, am I?

THE MAN.

I loved that guy.

Maybe Rahm can run off to join the Israeli Army like he did during the Gulf War.

I was listened to my parents reading his column aloud before I could read the newspaper. He wrote some fine books on Chicago politics, like BAC insinuated it seems that those outside Chicago thought they were humor or something, as at least BOSS was a best seller. He wrote so many classic columns for like 30 years.

Why are people asking where Obama's chief of staff is? When was the last time a president's chief of staff held a press conference? Especially about a scandal that does not directly relate to Obama.

Do I need to replay for you what Goyovitch said about Obama? Obama's team wasn't playing ball. Emanuel isn't under investigation. This is the right wing trying to make a bigger story off of something that isn't a story.

Why are people asking where Obama's chief of staff is? When was the last time a president's chief of staff held a press conference? Especially about a scandal that does not directly relate to Obama.

Do I need to replay for you what Goyovitch said about Obama? Obama's team wasn't playing ball. Emanuel isn't under investigation. This is the right wing trying to make a bigger story off of something that isn't a story.

of course it is, dave, chill out.

Because you just never see Obama without Emanuel or Axlerod at his side. As I said from the beginning, "We" often don't see them for the camera focuses on Obama, but they are always there. They weren't on Thursday and the press started looking.

Because you just never see Obama without Emanuel or Axlerod at his side. As I said from the beginning, "We" often don't see them for the camera focuses on Obama, but they are always there. They weren't on Thursday and the press started looking.

Really? I've never seen Rahm at a press conference where Obama's announcing someone new to his cabinet.

I've seen Rahm once or twice, that's about it.

And even with that, it's completely irrelevant.

I wouldn't be saying this if Fitzgerald said someone on Obama's team was willing to play ball with Blagoyavitch... believe me. But it's a non issue since no one on Obama's team is.

Now, people who represented Jesse Jackson Jr. - who campaigned with Obama, they're under investigation. JJJ isn't under investigation though.

Chicago politics appears to be of extreme corruption for several decades now, the worst in the nation, even topping NJ.

Anyone that comes from that rat circus should be suspect, and now one of them will be president.

A daunting prospect.

No, North Dakota is the worst in the nation when it comes to corruption of politics. Chicago just has the high profile and popular belief that it is the worst. Even Alaska is ahead of Chicago,IL in public corruption cases. Of course the nation got a small hint of that with the spotlight on the Ted Stevens trial..

Really? I've never seen Rahm at a press conference where Obama's announcing someone new to his cabinet.

I've seen Rahm once or twice, that's about it.

And even with that, it's completely irrelevant.

I wouldn't be saying this if Fitzgerald said someone on Obama's team was willing to play ball with Blagoyavitch... believe me. But it's a non issue since no one on Obama's team is.

Now, people who represented Jesse Jackson Jr. - who campaigned with Obama, they're under investigation. JJJ isn't under investigation though.

Strange, you've never seemed to have a reading comprehension problem before. It was THE PRESS that 'sees' usually both Emanuel and Axlerod, not YOU. It was THE PRESS that started commenting on it within hours, at least here in Chicago. Also within hours they found Emanuel and started to ask him questions; the usually press friendly chief of staff-appointed/not confirmed, was unusually ungracious.

Same with subsequent meetings, as of early this morning, I've yet to really check news since about 6:30, my daughter graduated from university this morning. Long day.

Nice little racial slur you slipped in there!
For the record his name is Blagojevich.

For those of you who are not of the "Chosen Ones", you may not be aware of the racial term "GOY". A derogatory name used by Jews for anyone who is a non Jew. No less offensive than the "N" word yet apparently acceptable amongst "The Tribe".

goy |goi|
noun ( pl. goyim |ˈgoi-im|or goys ) informal often offensive
a Jewish name for a non-Jew.

Rahm Emanuel (the dual citizen, formal Israeli soldier, son of an Israeli terrorist) is the one who met with Blagojevich and more than likely set him up for the fall.
He should be at the center of this investigation.

Israel`s man in the Whitehouse??? How about Israel`s man in prison!!
The Daily Star - Politics - Obama's choice for chief of staff puts 'Israel's man in White House'

Forum List

Back