Where, oh where, did the War Protests go??????

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
Barack Obama accused of crimes against humanity for Osama bin Laden killing - Telegraph

Serious question. I remember from 2004-2006, there were several large War Protests here in Charleston, SC at the downtown Marion Square. Thousands showed up. I remember the media splashing our screens with shots of very large war protests in NYC, SF, Chicago, LA, and on and on and on. VERY emotional protests. Signs with Bush painted as Hitler. "No War For Oil" signs. "Spread Love Not War". Code Pink. You all remember those days, right? Before war was cool?

Where did those protests go? We are still in Iraq. And we are still in Afghanistan. We've started a new conflict by bombing the possum poop out of Libya. We not only used bomber drones in Pakistan, but literally invaded Pakistan without that gov'ts permission with a SEAL team to kill Bin Laden. Now, rumors of operations in Syria and Iran are rampant. To Obama's credit, I'm ok with bombing Syria and Pakistan. And finishing the job in Iraq and Afghanistan.

But I can't help but wonder....all those people who protested the 2 wars from 2002-2008.....where are they now protesting the 4 we're in today? The only mobs I see are the Tea Party rallies, the Union whacks, no-border rallies, and an anarchist/G20 type rally here and there.

But no war protests. Did I miss something? Or did war become cool all of a sudden sometime in early 2009?

But no war protests. Did I miss something? Or did war become cool all of a sudden sometime in early 2009?

It's always been cool. Seriously, we really need to come to terms with our bloodthirsty, warmongering nature. The few who are actually opposed to war are used as pawns for political leverage and that's about it. When the going gets tough, we blow shit up.

But where did they go? Seems like there was a war protest every week from about 05-08. Thousands. "Tens of thousands" we were told by the media. Flooding the streets. Demanding we pull out of the wars.

Where are these people now? Did Obama kidnap them and detain them? Or did they just....all of a sudden, around 01-20-2009, they become supporters of the 2 wars, and eventually, all 4?

Perhaps the protesters now feel that the best way to end a war is to win the war.

Or, maybe it’s just because things were “different” back then.

Perhaps the protesters now feel that the best way to end a war is to win the war.

Oh where oh where did the protesters go!!!!

I think you're right. Things were just..."different" back then. You know. It was a crazy time. We said some things. They said some things. But TODAY? Well, we just need to unite as a country and get behind our brave president while he courageously fights these 2 wars.........er........these 4 wars.

Barack Obama accused of crimes against humanity for Osama bin Laden killing - Telegraph

Serious question. I remember from 2004-2006, there were several large War Protests here in Charleston, SC at the downtown Marion Square. Thousands showed up. I remember the media splashing our screens with shots of very large war protests in NYC, SF, Chicago, LA, and on and on and on. VERY emotional protests. Signs with Bush painted as Hitler. "No War For Oil" signs. "Spread Love Not War". Code Pink. You all remember those days, right? Before war was cool?

Where did those protests go? We are still in Iraq. And we are still in Afghanistan. We've started a new conflict by bombing the possum poop out of Libya. We not only used bomber drones in Pakistan, but literally invaded Pakistan without that gov'ts permission with a SEAL team to kill Bin Laden. Now, rumors of operations in Syria and Iran are rampant. To Obama's credit, I'm ok with bombing Syria and Pakistan. And finishing the job in Iraq and Afghanistan.

But I can't help but wonder....all those people who protested the 2 wars from 2002-2008.....where are they now protesting the 4 we're in today? The only mobs I see are the Tea Party rallies, the Union whacks, no-border rallies, and an anarchist/G20 type rally here and there.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyBKz1wdK0M]‪Boiling Frog Syndrome - Have You Become a Boiled Frog?‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Oh where oh where did the protesters go!!!!

I think you're right. Things were just..."different" back then. You know. It was a crazy time. We said some things. They said some things. But TODAY? Well, we just need to unite as a country and get behind our brave president while he courageously fights these 2 wars.........er........these 4 wars.

Now THAT’S the spirit.:lol:

bs lol- anyway, they were all about Iraq, which is over.

Iraq is over? Since when? Have we pulled all our troops out of there? OH...you mean the 'hostilities' are over. Did Al Qaida agree to that also?

So....

Iraq War = Bad. But it's over now.
Afghan War = Good:eusa_angel:
Libyan War = Good:eusa_angel:
Pakistani Invasion = Great:eusa_angel:

THus, no protests. Got it.

"Oh where, oh where, did my protestors go...."

There ya go. And the Pak invasion is another figment.

It is? Well, Pakistan didn't approve of us doing it. Pakistan didn't know we were gonna do it. And we took a team of our best troops, the Navy SEALS, and crossed their border, armed to the teeth, and assaulted a building on their soil, killing people on their soil. Thats the definition of an invasion.

So we invaded Pakistan. OR...Obama lied. One of the two.

If you cannot tell the difference between helping allies in Libya and invading other countries, there is not much help for you. When Obama invades another country and puts American boots on the ground, then speak to us.

Last edited:
Where did those protests go? We are still in Iraq. And we are still in Afghanistan....

But I can't help but wonder....all those people who protested the 2 wars from 2002-2008...

...did war become cool all of a sudden sometime in early 2009?

If you cannot tell the difference between helping allies in Libya and invading other countries, there is not much help for you. When Obama invades another country and puts American boots on the ground, then speak to us.

Yeah, but, the question still stands. Where did all the war protesters go? It ain’t like the wars are won or, for that matter, even over.

So, where did they go?

Last edited:
obamavsbush.jpg

Where did those protests go? We are still in Iraq. And we are still in Afghanistan....

But I can't help but wonder....all those people who protested the 2 wars from 2002-2008...

...did war become cool all of a sudden sometime in early 2009?

Yeah, but, the question still stands. Where did all the war protesters go? It ain’t like the wars are won or, for that matter, even over.

So, where did they go?

The man who started these wars, and his party, was voted out of power. This is the greatest protest of all. Now another person is being given a chance.

Left does not mean you're automatically against conflict.

Most of us just felt rather misled re: Iraq. I participated in several protests over those years: abortion, Iraq, Medicaid, Social Security, Bush is a moron, etc. :p

I didn't protest Afghanistan, and I most certainly didn't protest Bush's directive to hunt down OBL and kill the fucker. I do object to Libya and I did object to the way Iraq and Afghanistan were handled. (It is my belief that if the greatest military force in the world is going to go to war, it should do exactly that: wipe shit out, old-school Machiavelli style. Let the military fight the war, not the media.)

I don't object to war if it's in our best interests, and I understand that nations go to war over resources (hence France and the UK's Libyan Adventure). I just don't like feeling I was lied to and I didn't like the unnecessary distraction from Afghanistan.

Last edited:

So, where did they go?

The man who started these wars, and his party, was voted out of power. This is the greatest protest of all. Now another person is being given a chance.

You know, I kind of suspected that was the case.

Those protest were really only feigned indignation from a bunch of liars whose sole motive was advancing their political party to power and they really had nothing at all to do with any principled stand of “being against war”.

So, I guess that answer to the OP’s question is: their insatiable thirst for power has been quenched and they have crawled back into their hidey-holes.

Protests aren't televised

case in point, Winter Soldier's jaunt to Washington

a sh*tload of vets , with something to say & not one major network covered it

Forum List

Back