Where Marijuana Is Legal, Opioid Prescriptions Fall

I will, 9 times out of 10, pick pot over medications. I enjoy the natural thing. Not man made bullshit that will get you so addicted you will kill for it.
But by gawd big pharma called a flower a drug so NOPE! US FASCISTS MUST BAN THE FLOWER because we know whats better for you than you do. And by gawd opiates are the shit!
Did i get that right? :rolleyes:
No,,opioids give you constipation, bummer....

Wonder why big alcohol and big pharma team up with each other? Maybe our resident troll mod Kat can explain it.

You can debate whether Pot is addictive or not. It certainly has a strong appeal to it's users that appears to be psychological. But what is undeniable is no one has ever died from a Marijuana overdose.

You 100% positive? :lol:

Yes - there was one guy in Seattle who OD'd on edibles and jumped off a balcony.

Probably suicidal already.
That isn't a drug overdose. That is a suicide assist. Opioids by contrast kill 60,000+ Americans a year. And they are a spectrum of Americans including middle class urban and suburban folk.

I wonder why big pharma lobbies against legal marijuana. :eusa_think:

Where Marijuana Is Legal, Opioid Prescriptions Fall

As more states legalize medical and recreational marijuana, doctors may be replacing opioid prescriptions with suggestions to visit a local marijuana dispensary. Two papers published Monday in JAMA Internal Medicine analyzing more than five years of Medicare Part D and Medicaid prescription data found that after states legalized weed, the number of opioid prescriptions and the daily dose of opioids went way down.

If true It is good news. But prescription is a small part of the problem, and addicts rarely tell the truth when it comes to using.

Lets hope it's true.

You can debate whether Pot is addictive or not. It certainly has a strong appeal to it's users that appears to be psychological. But what is undeniable is no one has ever died from a Marijuana overdose.

You 100% positive? :lol:
Yes, there is nothing in Pot that can kill you. Opioids and synthetics like Fentanyl kill people every hour of every day.

If marijuana butter can kill dogs, and it does, though rarely, then it can kill a person as well. I don't know what the LD:50 is for THC, but there is one.

One of my favorite drugs is Visine allergy relief eye drops, so trippin' man...
Damn. I read that one too quickly the first time and thought you said that your favorite drug was Vasoline.

I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for not going there.

I don't know what the LD:50 is for THC, but there is one.

Here's how much marijuana it would take to kill you

David Schmader, author of "Weed: The User's Guide," spoke with experts and crunched the numbers on how much bud it would take to kill someone.

"Even aspirin can kill you if you take too much, but a fatal dose of marijuana would require ingestion of fifteen hundred pounds in fifteen minutes — a physical impossibility for any human, even Snoop Dogg," Schmader writes in his book.

David Schmader, author of "Weed: The User's Guide," spoke with experts and crunched the numbers on how much bud it would take to kill someone.

"Even aspirin can kill you if you take too much, but a fatal dose of marijuana would require ingestion of fifteen hundred pounds in fifteen minutes — a physical impossibility for any human, even Snoop Dogg," Schmader writes in his book.

Also...

What is the lethal dose of marijuana?

Drugs used in medicine are routinely given what is called an LD-50. The LD-50 rating indicates at what dosage fifty percent of test animals receiving a drug will die as a result of drug induced toxicity. A number of researchers have attempted to determine marijuana's LD-50 rating in test animals, without success. Simply stated, researchers have been unable to give animals enough marijuana to induce death.

Should have decriminalized it years ago. Just legalize it and then release all from cages who were prosecuted on Marijuana charges. How many Citizens are being thrown in cages for years on drug charges? Most are harmless folks who just need help. Instead of being thrown in cages with brutal murderers and rapists, they should be helped. It's time for our Justice System to evolve.

Or, a few drags and driving home.

Should have decriminalized it years ago. Just legalize it and then release all from cages who were prosecuted on Marijuana charges. How many Citizens are being thrown in cages for years on drug charges? Most are harmless folks who just need help. Instead of being thrown in cages with brutal murderers and rapists, they should be helped. It's time for our Justice System to evolve.

Your post indicates that you have never heard of drug court. Here's some valuable information for you.

Drug Courts | National Institute of Justice

I agree that it can't be legalized in some other city because not all people who take marijuana don't use it in a good way. In our street many people there are using marijuana and they give our neighborhood a headache because they are so noisy and they harmed people, they begin to make fun of people who are crossing the street and i read this article If You Were Anti-Marijuana How Anti-Marijuana Would You Be that it shouldn't be legalized so no one will get harmed

New Topics

Forum List

Back