Where is the Talent?

bthoma91

NObama
Feb 24, 2009
I live in Baltimore, MD.
I'm so tired of untalented Bands getting credit for so much. I'm tired of talented musicians being overlooked. Wheres the talent.

"It's the talent, not the promo shots..."
-Circa Survive

What the internet keeps proving to me is that there is more talent than FAME to go around.

Not just in music, but in art, and writing, too.

FAME and the money it brings seems to have damned all less to do with true talent than it does MARKETING.

There has not been a new talented band in almost 2 decades.... it's all pretty much shit now

Well, on commercial radio anyway. The bands are out there, they're just on different media and they don't get the publicity or the $$. There is a whole other subject in here about washed up artist wanting to collect more dough for the mountain of crap that has been commercial radio for the past 30 years.

I'm so tired of untalented Bands getting credit for so much. I'm tired of talented musicians being overlooked. Wheres the talent.

-Circa Survive

What a coincidence. I feel the same way about Presidents.

-Circa Survive

Yeah, I feel the same way about posters with half naked women for avatars. They don't make you any smarter.

-Circa Survive

Yeah, I feel the same way about posters with half naked women for avatars. They don't make you any smarter.

What's wrong with half nekkid women for avatars?

Nothing if it's a photo of said poster.

And you do know the difference between "naked" and "nekkid" ?

"Naked" means you are without clothes.

"Nekkid" means you are without clothes and up to something.

Nothing if it's a photo of said poster.

And you do know the difference between "naked" and "nekkid" ?

"Naked" means you are without clothes.

"Nekkid" means you are without clothes and up to something.

You sound like you might have a point to make, but I'm not quite sure what it is.. :eusa_angel:

OK...so where were we ?

Oh yeah....bad bands, good bands and WTF, at all, that has to do with presidents.

Dammitt....do we have anything meaningful or related to contribute or just muddying up the works ?

-Circa Survive

The best you could come up with is the avatar, and then "smarter"?

And that proves, what, how smart you are?

Or that you don't like the comment about the President.

Next time, make your point directly, don't try to be clever, since you are sorely lacking in that department.

That will be all for your lesson in posting for today.

Last edited:

Next time, make your point directly, don't try to be clever, since you are sorely lacking in that department.

Thank you. Now what were you saying about the presidents band ?

Since you insist on remaining in that vein, I'll say this: although I don't like the music, I think we'll all be dancing to it for some time.

Since you insist on remaining in that vein, I'll say this: although I don't like the music, I think we'll all be dancing to it for some time.

Well, I don't insist, just that someone went to all the trouble of dividing this place into categories. You know, politics, economy, music.

This is the music forum. Right ? We were talking about music.

So.......you think Obama will make the Billboard charts or what ?

I'm half naked, voted for Obama, and just posted a song I like by a band named "Incubus" that I really never cared for. But........my local college station played it the other day, then again, and I really liked it!

Now, I couldn't name one other song by them, or even tell you what type of music they play. But I hope I'm never so closed minded about music that I can't give a band a listen and decide if I like them or not, then just judging them by genre or name alone.

Well, I don't insist, just that someone went to all the trouble of dividing this place into categories. You know, politics, economy, music.

I take it I've been scolded. I'm going to my room.

I take it I've been scolded. I'm going to my room.

Take bones and sky with you , please

New Topics

Forum List

Back