Where Is The Best Bang For The BucK?

I've been wondering for just a few years now, why the left gets bent outta shape over the increasing cost of HC, but not the increasing cost of college ED.

College ED cost have far exceded the cost of HC, by leaps and bounds.

The main reason is collegs can charge whatever they want knowing that students can get loans and grants to cover the entire cost. and it 'easy' to convice a kid he will have no problem paying it back after he gets a job.

So that is your vision for America. Not only to have Americans with less health care, meaning higher infant mortality and shorter lifespans, but also to have us less educated. Truly the Conservative plan for a third world United States.

Lying again or are you to dumb to understand?

rhetorical question. we all know you are lying.

So I will repeat, just in case you are to dumb.

The left wants to lower HC premiums, but not the cost of college.

The proof is in their actions.

Now try to be a grow up and stop pretending that you care about people dying, and tell me why you want people to have to turn to the government to get money for college then be thier bitches for years afterwards?

That would not have anything do with the fact that for most of that last 30 years, the wages of the average American has remained stagnant, or actually declined, forcing many of the blue collar middle class into the working poor. And who has been doing the union busting that has made this a fact?

Assholes like you are the first to cut money off for education, so this is just another red herring with which to get leverage to destroy any help that the middle class and working poor can get.

As for your baseless accusation, who here has constantly spoken against any health care for the children of this nation?

So that is your vision for America. Not only to have Americans with less health care, meaning higher infant mortality and shorter lifespans, but also to have us less educated. Truly the Conservative plan for a third world United States.

Now try to be a grow up and stop pretending that you care about people dying, and tell me why you want people to have to turn to the government to get money for college then be thier bitches for years afterwards?

That would not have anything do with the fact that for most of that last 30 years, the wages of the average American has remained stagnant, or actually declined, forcing many of the blue collar middle class into the working poor. And who has been doing the union busting that has made this a fact?

Assholes like you are the first to cut money off for education, so this is just another red herring with which to get leverage to destroy any help that the middle class and working poor can get.

As for your baseless accusation, who here has constantly spoken against any health care for the children of this nation?

Asshole? petty

Where did I say "cut money off for education"? More lies.

and no one has ever said they don't want kids to have any HC. More lies.

Tell your mom you want her to clean the basement with bleech. The mold is getting to your brain.

OK. Then you support universal health care?

Perhaps you would support a higher education payment system that works like this.

The government gives you a roof over your head, three squares a day, full tuition and books, plus a little to allow an occasional movie or some such. In return for that, for a two year degree or technical certification, for the rest of your life, you return and additional 1% on your income tax. For a four year degree, 2%, for a higher degree, 3%. No definate sum, if you live in poverty, no return at all, if you are a multi-billionaire, still 3%. That takes the pressure off of the graduate to chose the highest paying job, rather than the one that he or she thinks is most applicable to their talents.

Perhaps you would support a higher education payment system that works like this.

The government gives you a roof over your head, three squares a day, full tuition and books, plus a little to allow an occasional movie or some such. In return for that, for a two year degree or technical certification, for the rest of your life, you return and additional 1% on your income tax. For a four year degree, 2%, for a higher degree, 3%. No definate sum, if you live in poverty, no return at all, if you are a multi-billionaire, still 3%. That takes the pressure off of the graduate to chose the highest paying job, rather than the one that he or she thinks is most applicable to their talents.

UHC? No, don't be dim. Just one look at romneycare and the vast, unaffordable hole that has created will teach you that it can't be done.

You get 98% covered, but when you run out of money, no gets covered.

I could support that college idea, not saying would, if there is a gpa and attendance requirement. If you fail, you are fucked for life. No welfare or hands outs of anykind. You must get a job to live, just like every one else. [people that actually can't work, or have limited choices, will be exempted]

UHC? No, don't be dim. Just one look at romneycare and the vast, unaffordable hole that has created will teach you that it can't be done.

You get 98% covered, but when you run out of money, no gets covered.

I could support that college idea, not saying would, if there is a gpa and attendance requirement. If you fail, you are fucked for life. No welfare or hands outs of anykind. You must get a job to live, just like every one else. [people that actually can't work, or have limited choices, will be exempted]

Exactly what Sowell is talking about in the vid on page 1 of this thread. Liberals have a distinct inability to be able to think on the margin. Its fascinating. Ever try to think about the concept of infinity for a few seconds? Your brain turns to mush and you give up. But thats what happens to the liberal mind when it comes to basic public policy idea's. They really do...........as Sowell so astutely points out..........think that there is a solution to everything if we just display a collective will. Its fcukking fascinating........but also highly compelling and the source of much personal entertainment for much of my life = embarrasing the shit out of these fruitcakes!!!:D

LOL

The importance of Turing’s findings | cartesian product

Think of a ruler, marked out in centimetres (or inches if you are old fashioned). But this ruler stretches on infinitely – so an infinite number of centimetre markings are present. But each one of these markings can be associated with a natural number, zero, one, two and so on. This is an infinite list which is said to be enumerable (countable) – a number can be assigned each member of the set of markings on the ruler. The number of members a set has is called its cardinality, and so this set has what is called the cardinality of aleph null:

But think of that ruler again – how many points are there between the different markings? Clearly we can divide the ruler up over and over again and that means we must have a bigger infinity than aleph zero.

This infinity is of this order – two raised to the power of aleph null – we discuss why below:

...Have you made fun of Obama? Or are you too afraid you'll burst into flames for blasphemy?

Me, I try not to judge other people, but God, now He's the one with the sense of humor! Have you seen that grey haired Barry's ears?! And speaking of Barry, at the "perfect moment" in history we get a black man running for president with a hippy upper middle-class rebel white mom with a muslim kenyan student visa father, and the name of Barack Hussein Osa..er, Obama!!! He do work in some down right mysterious ways,...funny, but mysterious,...and sometimes spooky! Did I mention that he won? Personally, I think that if the McCain that had served as senator until about 2003, and had run against Bush for the Republican candidacy in 2000 had shown up in 2008, instead of that freak show that did show up,...mysterious ways in deed. And I even knew Palin from back when she first ran for governor and she was a little, well,...Alaskan, nothing bad about that, but boy what a caricature she's become. Anyway, where was I,...ah yes, I do hate hotels.

nite all!

Ummm...okay.

And what happened to your erudite and refined conservative sense of humor? Or does it only come out when ridiculing liberals, which can be fun, even if not "funny?"

Me, I try not to judge other people, but God, now He's the one with the sense of humor! Have you seen that grey haired Barry's ears?! And speaking of Barry, at the "perfect moment" in history we get a black man running for president with a hippy upper middle-class rebel white mom with a muslim kenyan student visa father, and the name of Barack Hussein Osa..er, Obama!!! He do work in some down right mysterious ways,...funny, but mysterious,...and sometimes spooky! Did I mention that he won? Personally, I think that if the McCain that had served as senator until about 2003, and had run against Bush for the Republican candidacy in 2000 had shown up in 2008, instead of that freak show that did show up,...mysterious ways in deed. And I even knew Palin from back when she first ran for governor and she was a little, well,...Alaskan, nothing bad about that, but boy what a caricature she's become. Anyway, where was I,...ah yes, I do hate hotels.

nite all!

Ummm...okay.

And what happened to your erudite and refined conservative sense of humor? Or does it only come out when ridiculing liberals, which can be fun, even if not "funny?"
I didn't think it was funny. But I'm not arrogant enough to state flatly that it wasn't funny.

Humor is subjective, right?

Ummm...okay.

I didn't think it was funny. But I'm not arrogant enough to state flatly that it wasn't funny.

And yet you are judgemental enough to say when others ought to find the things you post as funny? Is subjectivity something that everyone is free to possess or only something you feel you have the right to?

And yet you are judgemental enough to say when others ought to find the things you post as funny? Is subjectivity something that everyone is free to possess or only something you feel you have the right to?

Where did I state an absolute?

I gave my opinion -- that liberals have no sense of humor.

I don't care if anyone finds what I post funny. I do, and that's all that matters.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch:

Have you made fun of Obama? Or are you too afraid you'll burst into flames for blasphemy?

Have you made fun of Obama? Or are you too afraid you'll burst into flames for blasphemy?

::dOUBLE TAKE::
:jaw-drop:

scroll up and re-read the post that you didn't find funny.

or do you not know who "Barry," or "Barack Hussein Osa..er, Obama" is?

I put electing that incompetent, corporatist boob, just a notch below electing his incompetent, corporatist boob predecessor as among the worst political mistakes this country has made in the last half century or so. Yeah, I make fun of Barry and most of the Dimwittedcrats that make up the rest of his party. In fact the only thing I can think of that would be worse than electing a dummycrat for any office, would be electing any of the modern Republitards. If we could eliminate and outlaw political parties in this country, IMO, that would be a giant step forward in addressing the most pressing and urgent problems faced by our nation. But thats politics, and my personal perspectives, it really is neither here nor there when it comes to the issues of science and fact in relation to climate change and AGW.

I put electing that incompetent, corporatist boob, just a notch below electing his incompetent, corporatist boob predecessor as among the worst political mistakes this country has made in the last half century or so. Yeah, I make fun of Barry and most of the Dimwittedcrats that make up the rest of his party. In fact the only thing I can think of that would be worse than electing a dummycrat for any office, would be electing any of the modern Republitards. If we could eliminate and outlaw political parties in this country, IMO, that would be a giant step forward in addressing the most pressing and urgent problems faced by our nation. But thats politics, and my personal perspectives, it really is neither here nor there when it comes to the issues of science and fact in relation to climate change and AGW.

There are two really funny things in this post:

1. You think calling Obama "Barry" is making fun of him.

2. You think AGW is a fact.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hey PoliticalChic............check this out...........

It is fascinating that the way the liberal mind works, they cannot fathom that, like it or not, life is about comprehending necessary tradeoffs.

YouTube - ‪The Difference Between Liberal and Conservative‬‏

thats the kind of logic and reason that is so far beyond liberal/progressive thought process because, the mindset of theirs is so deeply ingrained. Its arrogance taken to the nth degree.

Actually, no, I think making fun of Barry's big ears is making fun of him, but thank you for demonstrating my point that your "sense of humor" seems directly linked to, and defined by, your perceptions of whether or not the targets of the insults agree or disagree with your own narrow and rigid perspectives on life.

I've been wondering for just a few years now, why the left gets bent outta shape over the increasing cost of HC, but not the increasing cost of college ED.

College ED cost have far exceded the cost of HC, by leaps and bounds.

The main reason is collegs can charge whatever they want knowing that students can get loans and grants to cover the entire cost. and it 'easy' to convice a kid he will have no problem paying it back after he gets a job.

You're a complete fucking moron, mainly because you think you can spew your bullshit and nobody is going to call you on it.

College Cost Reduction Act of 2007

2m281zl.png

2wej78j.png

Not one Democrat voted against it.

Another FAIL for TwoThumbs!!!

Actually, no, I think making fun of Barry's big ears is making fun of him, but thank you for demonstrating my point that your "sense of humor" seems directly linked to, and defined by, your perceptions of whether or not the targets of the insults agree or disagree with your own narrow and rigid perspectives on life.

Well, yeah, except for the fact it doesn't. :laugh:

Forum List

Back