Where is the ACLU and Barry Lynn?

After al the evidence I have posted the only way to answer your talking points is to quote the Proverbs

Go from the presence of a foolish man, when thou perceivest not in him the lips of knowledge

Translation - do not watse your time arguing with an idiot

You still have not produced even one good example of liberal outrage, concerning a violation of Separation of Church and State, when a Republican spoke at Bob Jones or Liberty University or a Church...

Why not just admit that you pulled the claim out of your butt?

I found it funny to watch Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama both stand behind pulpits at churches in Selma, Alabama on Sunday as they pandered for support for their presidential campaigns.

Where is the outrage from the ACLU and Barry Lynn fromt he left wing group Americans for Seperation of Church and State? I believe it is fine to them for liberal candidates to mix Religion and politics but not conservative ones.

Oh heck, but that would make them be consistent for once, an area foreign to them, they do NOT want to go there.

I found it weird that Edwards is talking for Jesus. Last I heard, the message was to the individual, not government:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2007/03/05/politics/p135336S12.DTL&type=politics

He has no clue, whatsoever.

Edwards: "Edwards, in an interview with the Web site Beliefnet.com, said Jesus would be most upset with the selfishness of Americans and the country's willingness to go to war "when it's not necessary."

"I think that Jesus would be disappointed in our ignoring the plight of those around us who are suffering and our focus on our own selfish short-term needs," Edwards told the site. "I think he would be appalled, actually"

Hmmm, now, what if changing another peoples plight requires going to war? As is and was the case in Iraq. A bit of a conflict there, eh?

Oh heck, but that would make them be consistent for once, an area foreign to them, they do NOT want to go there.

How does a candidate for civil office violate Separation of Church and State, or the principle of no human authority over the duty which we owe our Creator, by merely speaking to a Church?

Did the two candidates give the congregation advice on when, where or what to pray? Did the candidates advise the congregation to obey the commandments to make no idols and bow down to them or remember the Sabbath and keep it holy? Where is the assumption of civil authority over sacred matters?

How does a candidate for civil office violate Separation of Church and State, or the principle of no human authority over the duty which we owe our Creator, by merely speaking to a Church?

Did the two candidates give the congregation advice on when, where or what to pray? Did the candidates advise the congregation to obey the commandments to make no idols and bow down to them or remember the Sabbath and keep it holy? Where is the assumption of civil authority over sacred matters?

Fred,
Really, are we suppose to believe that you haven't heard the crying and whinning from the left on the so called religious right. The left is and always has been anti Christian and unless you are mentally challenged you know this. I too have heard and read the outrage of the left whenever anything having to do with Christianity is mention by conservative politicians. It is with amazing speed that the ridiculous"Seperation of Church and State" lie is brought out and splashed across newspaper headlines. I know I won't bother to spend my time doing research for you to find the minutia of examples that I am sure with a little time could be found by you. But that isn't what you are really looking for anyway. You have no argument so you are going to play this silly game of repeating the same stupid question over and over.....look it up yourself ditz....on no, did I just use the d word?

Fred,
Really, are we suppose to believe that you haven't heard the crying and whinning from the left on the so called religious right.

I have heard the Counterfeit Christians of the Religious Right spewing the lie that Separation of Church and State is myth. Is that what you are talking about?

The left is and always has been anti Christian and unless you are mentally challenged you know this.

You have that exactly backwards. The right has always despised the Lord's just and truly Christian Commandment no to entangle the things that are God's with those of Caesar.

I too have heard and read the outrage of the left whenever anything having to do with Christianity is mention by conservative politicians.

Post some examples of left wing elected civil officers expressing outrage at conservative politicians who mentioned Christianity. Then we can chat about it.

It is with amazing speed that the ridiculous "Separation of Church and State" lie is brought out and splashed across newspaper headlines.

I see you are one of those "Bogus Christians/Demon Adorers” who loathes the Lord Jesus Christ's admonition to, "“Render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar’s, and unto God the things that are God’s.” I shall pray for you.

I have heard the Counterfeit Christians of the Religious Right spewing the lie that Separation of Church and State is myth. Is that what you are talking about?

Show me this "Seperation of Church and State" in the Constitution.

You have that exactly backwards. The right has always despised the Lord's just and truly Christian Commandment no to entangle the things that are God's with those of Caesar.

WTF?

Post some examples of left wing elected civil officers expressing outrage at conservative politicians who mentioned Christianity. Then we can chat about it.

No, you go find some. I'm not going to play this silly game with you.

I see you are one of those "Bogus Christians/Demon Adorers” who loathes the Lord Jesus Christ's admonition to, "“Render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar’s, and unto God the things that are God’s.” I shall pray for you.

Thanks for the prayers I guess......depends who you pray to.:evil:

Looks like you are another one on this board that gets to go in the ignore box.

Show me this "Separation of Church and State" in the Constitution.

In 1788, the Constitution of the United States was ordained and established by the people of the United States for themselves and their posterity. They have declared it the supreme law of the land. They have made it a limited government. They have defined its authority. They have restrained it to the exercise of certain powers. They granted it no authority over their religion. As James Madison so famously spoke, at the Virginia Ratifying Convention, in response to Patrick Henry's charge that "Religion is not guarded--there is no bill of rights declaring that religion should be secure",

"There is not a shadow of right in the general government to intermeddle with religion. Its least interference with it, would be a most flagrant usurpation."

In his famous "Commentaries on the Constitution", published in 1833, the great U. S. Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story wrote that,

"The clause which declares that, "no religious test shall ever be required, as a qualification to any office or public trust, under the United States"...cut off for ever every pretence of any alliance between church and state in the national government."

In 1788, the Constitution of the United States was ordained and established by the people of the United States for themselves and their posterity. They have declared it the supreme law of the land. They have made it a limited government. They have defined its authority. They have restrained it to the exercise of certain powers. They granted it no authority over their religion. As James Madison so famously spoke, at the Virginia Ratifying Convention, in response to Patrick Henry's charge that "Religion is not guarded--there is no bill of rights declaring that religion should be secure",

"There is not a shadow of right in the general government to intermeddle with religion. Its least interference with it, would be a most flagrant usurpation."

In his famous "Commentaries on the Constitution", published in 1833, the great U. S. Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story wrote that,

"The clause which declares that, "no religious test shall ever be required, as a qualification to any office or public trust, under the United States"...cut off for ever every pretence of any alliance between church and state in the national government."

Correct, it did not say that religion may not be brought up, it was to protect each person's right to practice or not the religion or non-religion of their choice. The government could have no say, no official, state religion.

http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/data/constitution/amendment01/

U.S. Constitution: First Amendment

First Amendment - Religion and Expression

Amendment Text | Annotations

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

There's long been raging differences on how this should be 'interpreted' though the words are very clear, just like the rest of the amendment.

Interesting read here:

http://www.law.virginia.edu/html/news/2005_fall/mcconnell.htm

Don't you hope that our government acts upon the collective will of the people? And shouldn't a Christian be concerned that government is not acting in ways that promote social justice?

to liberals, government is God

wrong. I am fully capable of discerning the difference between Church and State.

It is you who seems to have the problem.

as long as it is libs preaching liberalism from the pulpit you will never have a problem with politicans campaigning in a Church

as long as it is libs preaching liberalism from the pulpit you will never have a problem with politicans campaigning in a Church

I doin't have a problem with any politician speaking from the pulpit of a church. I only have a problem when the church speaks through the organs of the state.

I doin't have a problem with any politician speaking from the pulpit of a church. I only have a problem when the church speaks through the organs of the state.

so why are libs and the Barry Lynn attacking conservatives when they speak at a Church of religious university?

the ACLU and People for the Seperation of Church and State never goes after black Churches when they endorse a Dem - but they savage any other Church and threaten to take them to court iof they endorse a Republican

The double standard is so typical of the left

How does a HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATING STUDENT violate Separation of Church and State, or the principle of no human authority over the duty which we owe our Creator, by merely MENTIONING JESUS IN HIS ACCEPTENCE SPEECH?
Did the HIGH SCHOOL GRAD give the OTHER STUDENTS advice on when, where or what to pray? Did he advise the congregation to obey the commandments to make no idols and bow down to them or remember the Sabbath and keep it holy? Where is the assumption of civil authority over sacred matters?[/

Apparently you forgot about "God opposes the arrogant, and blesses the humble"

How utterly arrogant and blasphemous of you to mock Sitaro by saying you "will pray for him".

You are one of those typical air head liberals who like to pick and choose scripture to support your own agenda.

And you claim your Biblical quote "give unto ceasar that which is ceasars, and unto God that which is God's" commands us not to entangle that which is God's with that which is ceasars. That is simply illogical and false. It was a way for Jesus to demonstrate that what God the Father considers important and a priority is different than what man thinks is important and a priority.

Don't you hope that our government acts upon the collective will of the people?

You mean like banning same gender marriage?
And not leaving the border so wide open and giving amnesty to illegals.

The list of judicial activism that liberals have used is extremely long.

You need to read your own post more carefully. The government being referred to is the "national" government, not the State governments. The SOLE and ONLY purpose of the first amendment regarding religion was that the FEDERAL government would have NO SAY SO on what the States chose to do regarding if and which religion they would have State sponsored.

You mean like banning same gender marriage?
And not leaving the border so wide open and giving amnesty to illegals.

The list of judicial activism that liberals have used is extremely long.

I certainly have no problems with judges interpreting the constitution to protect minority rights in the face of a mob mentality majority that would trample on them. For example, just because the collective will might wish to send all muslims or blacks or gays to internment camps, I don't think that we should be allowed to do so... you tend to think that gays marrying one another is a bad thing.... personally, I think it is none of your fucking business. period. And I would love for someone to explain to me how two men marrying one another negatively impacts anyone ELSE's marriage.

Forum List

Back