Where Is Sarah?

not more than a governor between neighbors
also, it might have helps him had he ever called a meeting on that commitee

She still doesn't have anything listed under "foreign policy" at ontheissues.org ...

Here's a couple:

Obama welcomed the endorsement on Friday. "In just a few years, the members of MoveOn have once again demonstrated that real change comes not from the top-down, but from the bottom-up. From their principled opposition to the Iraq war – a war I also opposed from the start – to their strong support for a number of progressive causes, MoveOn shows what Americans can achieve when we come together in a grassroots movement for change," he said in a statement. "I thank them for their support and look forward to working with their members in the weeks and months ahead," he added.

[Moveon.org] Organizers said they would "immediately" begin mobilizing on behalf of Obama, leading turnout programs and phone-banking members of MoveOn in targeted states. Feb 1, 2008

Moveon Endorses Obama Feb 1st 2008

Make History!
Work to Elect Barack Obama in November!
Grassroots Campaigns, Inc. is running campaigns on behalf of the National Democratic Party and MoveOn.org to elect Barack Obama this November! We have a truly historic opportunity to make change and get our country back on the right track after 8 years of Republican presidency.

With just 3 months until America votes on November 4th, we are hiring Election Campaign Staff to join existing campaign offices and to launch new offices across the country.

Job Description:

Canvass Office Director and Assistant Director:
*Lead a canvass office on behalf of the National Democratic Party to identify donors, volunteers, and raise as much money as possible to Beat McCain and the Republican warchest. Since Obama has pledged to fund his entire campaign through individual support, without accepting lobbyist or PAC contributions or federal tax dollars, we must talk to as many people as possible and sign on new small donors to close the gap between us and the Republicans!
Voter Contact Field Organizer:
*Organize volunteers with MoveOn.org’s Get Out The Vote campaign in order to make sure that we elect Obama on November 4th! Recruit, train, and mobilize volunteers to do voter persuasion and get out the vote with target voters in key swing states across the country.

Prior political field work is preferred but is not a requirement; we provide apprenticeship and training to new staff. Regional Director, Lead Organizer, and State Director positions are also available for experienced candidates.

We are looking for staff in Boston, DC, Chicago, Seattle and over 20 other progressive cities around the US.

TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume to Pauline at [email protected]his e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it or visit our website: Grassroots Campaigns Jobs.

Grassroots Campaigns is an independent political consulting firm that specializes in running field operations and fundraising for progressive candidates, causes, and organizations. Current and past clients include: the Democratic National Committee, MoveOn PAC, and the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee. Applicants will be employed by GCI directly, not by our campaign partners.
Paid for in part by Democratic National Committee (430 S. Capitol Street SE, Washington, DC, 20003) and MoveOn.org Political Action (MoveOn.org Political Action: Democracy in Action), and has not been authorized by any candidate. It is the policy of Grassroots Campaigns, Inc. to absolutely prohibit the flow of information between employees who are or have provided services to candidates, their committees, and political parties and those working on projects and providing services to entities making public communications as defined in the FECA or similar communications as defined in relevant state or local election law. Specifically, Grassroots Campaigns, Inc. prohibits the flow of information about a candidate or political party's campaign plans, projects, activities or needs.

Job posted on 6th August 2008

Please mention Political Jobs when applying to this position

Job Posting

Field Organizer to Elect Obama!
Grassroots Campaigns - Boston, MA
Work with MoveOn.org to Register Voters! Now Hiring Nationwide! MoveOn is gearing up to run a massive voter registration and persuasion campaign that will culminate in get-out-the-vote efforts in progressive cities as well as important swing states! We will mobilize citizen activists to turn everyone out to the Polls across the country! Field Organizers will be responsible for recruiting, training and managing networks of staff and volunteers in this nationwide campaign. Responsibilities include voter contact and mobilization. Organizers must be willing to do what it takes to win. Qualifications: Candidates must have a strong desire to put our country on the right path, the drive to work hard, and to do what it takes to get there. We're looking for goal-oriented and product-driven candidates... See job listing >

Job Posting

(CNN) MoveOn.org, the liberal political action committee that claims over 3 million members, endorsed Barack Obama's White House bid Friday, the first time the group has made a primary endorsement.

The group says it has 1.7 million members across the 22 states set to weigh in on Super Tuesday, and it is now actively recruiting volunteers on Obama's behalf. It also boast an impressive Get out the Vote campaign, in 2006 its members made 7 million calls on behalf of Democratic candidates.

Feb 1, 2008

Found it here

Here's a couple:

Moveon Endorses Obama Feb 1st 2008

Job Posting

Job Posting

(CNN) MoveOn.org, the liberal political action committee that claims over 3 million members, endorsed Barack Obama's White House bid Friday, the first time the group has made a primary endorsement.

The group says it has 1.7 million members across the 22 states set to weigh in on Super Tuesday, and it is now actively recruiting volunteers on Obama's behalf. It also boast an impressive Get out the Vote campaign, in 2006 its members made 7 million calls on behalf of Democratic candidates.

Feb 1, 2008

Found it here

:cool:

Thanks for taking the time to dig up those links ...

Moveon endorsed Obama on Feb 1st ... by then he had already firmly established himself ...

But it looks like moveon gets an assist for Super Tuesday (though Obama failed to knock out Hillary that day) and another assist for aiding Obama's winning streak after Super Tuesday.

All these interviews with Republicans at the Convention, but why hasn't Sarah sat down with the media yet? Can't she talk? This is very strange. She is running for highest officve but is afraid of the media?

She seems to be afraid of the media, or the McCain camp is afraid of the media, a little hard to tell.

Davis demurred when asked when Palin will sit for interviews with major news organizations, pointing out that now would not be the right time given the "combative" attitude the media has seemingly adopted toward Palin. Pressed on the issue, Davis insisted that "we allot a lot more access in our campaign than any campaign in modern political history....we'll get around to it."
McCain Manager: 'This Election is Not About Issues' - The Fix

Some thoughts on Sarah Palin:
1. Can she manage her own home responsibly -I do not think so - I question her judgement.
2. She made a choice to have a child when she was over the age of 40 knowing the risks for birth defects and such things as Downs were a real possibility - she made her choice - yet she wants to limit MY ability to make a choice for what is best for me and my family - again I question her judgement.
3. She spoke at her some heading off to war and said it was "God's wish" - No Sarah it was GWB - it was his choice to send your son to war - again I question her judgement
4. She sent a letter to the town management upon becoming mayor and asked them all to leave their jobs because whe knew they did not support her in the election - again I question her judgement.

McCain want her a heart beat away from the highest office in the land - for that I question his judgement.

What's even more curious is why you think she should need to? The left and the media are fabricating her views for her and printing them. Why should she bother actually speaking?

I wouldn't give y'all the time of day if it was me.

ummm she should bother because if McCain wants to win he has to do more than plaster her up there like some barbie doll.

He needs to attract moderates and independents.

saying she doesn't NEED to tell the country her views is ridiculous but not surprising. :cuckoo:

your statement is curious insomuch as Palin is the Republican VP candidate, we've known this for 5 days now and yet she's not sat down with even ONE news organization to discuss her views on world events and domestic issues?

Caring for her children? so when the world is in crisis and the VP is called upon for action or a response in place of the President, will she be caring for her children then too?

it's not a photo-op to actually have an interview so the American public can see her speak on subjects that matter, such as the economy, the war in Iraq, the war on terror, education in our schools, health care, social security, medicare, etc etc.

How does anyone make an informed educated decision if they keep her in hiding except when she's attached to McCain's hip?
there is a cnbc interview she did go on youtube and look at it.

ummm she should bother because if McCain wants to win he has to do more than plaster her up there like some barbie doll.

He needs to attract moderates and independents.

saying she doesn't NEED to tell the country her views is ridiculous but not surprising. :cuckoo:

Isn't that amazing? She shouldn't tell us her actual opinions because we'll just distort them.

Palin isn't even ready to run for VP, let alone BE the VP.

Forum List

Back