WHERE is RDERP? BIG NEWS.

so in a thread that shows the right hate sceince you dog me for saying you hate sceince

Okay, I am going to offer a purely unscientific and off the top of my head hypothesis.

If, that study is the real deal, and that's a big IF--I have long thought PhD and Doctor of Divinity students are running out of topics to do their disserations on and are really REALLY stretching in a lot of cases--the study could reinforce an opinion I have held for awhile now.

That opinion is that if you break it down concept by concept, most Americans will be mostly right of center. And we also know that alcohol relaxes inhibitions and prompts people to say what they really think, and the more drunk they get, the less they are inhibited in saying what they really think. So, those who drink are far more likely to violate their own personal reluctance to express their sociopolitical convictions and because there are more conservatives than liberals, more will express conservative views.

It isn't the alcohol at all that produces the phenomenon. The 'phenomenon' is produced because the conservatives outnumber the liberals. The alcohol just makes them more likely to talk about it.

So there you have it. A perfectly unsvcientific opinion that I don't think anybody can challenge. :)

If you want a chuckle, for starters just look at how they "define" the key term "conservative."

Low-Effort Thought Promotes Political Conservatism

LOL no kidding. Except for the personal responsibility part, which is accurate but is an oxymoron included with the other two components of the definition, this sentence alone:

Conservative political ideology in Western democracies may
be identified by several components, including an emphasis
on personal responsibility, acceptance of hierarchy, and a
preference for the status quo.

identifies the author as hyperpartisan or biased and absolutely clueless.

Oh come on guys, Give a lady a break. The use of leeches and bleeding patients was once considered sound medical svcience. And those who challenged the scientific consensus that the Earth was flat or that the Sun did not revolve around the Earth were excommunicated and/or imprisoned and/or put to death.

We have to respect everything called science yanno.

Oh come on guys, Give a lady a break. The use of leeches and bleeding patients was once considered sound medical svcience. And those who challenged the scientific consensus that the Earth was flat or that the Sun did not revolve around the Earth were excommunicated and/or imprisoned and/or put to death.

:lol:

I gotta tell ya, reading studies like that is almost as halting and painful as trying to decipher some of the shit the dummies here post. I got through the discussion of study 1. If, as they say, those who self identify as liberal begin to shift to conservative "thinking" after a few drinks........it sure is interesting.

Whether or not this stands up to critical review......nutters might pause and reflect on why the need ( or even the idea ) for such a study exists. Somebody, somewhere thinks nutters don't require awareness before taking a position.

As soon as she starts acting like a lady, I'll consider cutting her some slack.

While I will say that I feel a little wierd defending TM, I have observed many many statements that I consider to be really really wrong, even laughably ignorant. But she doesn't attack people personally and does not retaliate when she is personally attacked. And for that, I have to give her some credfit.

While I will say that I feel a little wierd defending TM, I have observed many many statements that I consider to be really really wrong, even laughably ignorant. But she doesn't attack people personally and does not retaliate when she is personally attacked. And for that, I have to give her some credfit.

Perhaps you missed the recent post where she called you an asshole?

Stop hating sceince you assholes

Naw, that was a generic 'asshole' which I allow on a message board. :)

Naw, that was a generic 'asshole' which I allow on a message board. :)

Well, she does that kind of thing all the time. So, she does not seem to deserve your defense. IF she attacks ALL of her political opponents with such commentary, then she DOES retaliate when she is personally attacked or when her views are challenged.

And she lies, too.

She makes really dopey baseless claims, for example, that conservatives "hate science."

Lying is impolite. Truth matters -- except to her.

Forum List

Back