Where is palestine

This thread is about the historical palestine and if it ever really existed. Herodotus renaimed Judea palestine as an insult to the Judaic people and had a few coins printed up. Thats pretty much it and no further use of the term is predominant in history untill you get to the late Ottoman period/early mandate years when the term is revived into an official name for a defined area.

The question of if Jordan is part of the mandate area for palestine is well covered in another thread

Please see
Jordan is palestine and palestine is Jordan

Which concludes in Jordan being the Arab palestinian state.

Jordan is palestine and palestine is Jordan

Does Israel or Palestine have a right to exist? What land are we talking about when we use the term, "Palestine".
Good question. Palestine was created by post war (WWI) treaties. There is no treaty creating Israel.

Does Israel or Palestine have a right to exist? What land are we talking about when we use the term, "Palestine".
Good question. Palestine was created by post war (WWI) treaties. There is no treaty creating Israel.

Where do you come up with this stuff. There is no treaty creating most countries. Most were consequences of war. Israel is a consequence of war. Palestine on the other hand is a consequence of defeat. The late Roman empire renamed Judea as an insult to the Judaic people and the joke was forgotten. Right up until the late Ottoman early mandate period.

At the time of the British administration the area was officially referred to as palestine by agreement of the league of nations.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find a treaty creating a state of palestine. I think what you are referring to is actually an administrative act.

Where do you come up with this stuff. There is no treaty creating most countries. Most were consequences of war. Israel is a consequence of war. Palestine on the other hand is a consequence of defeat. The late Roman empire renamed Judea as an insult to the Judaic people and the joke was forgotten. Right up until the late Ottoman early mandate period.

At the time of the British administration the area was officially referred to as palestine by agreement of the league of nations.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find a treaty creating a state of palestine. I think what you are referring to is actually an administrative act.
Where do you come up with this stuff.​

Post WWI treaties.

It goes back to that accuracy thing again. The mandates were legal instruments.

While all treaties are legal instruments not all legal instruments are treaties. In the case of the mandates, we have an agreement between peaceful entities. A treaty is an agreement between waring entities. Big difference

The mandates didn't involve ( in this case ) the Ottomans
Had it been a treaty, ( the treaty of Lausanne for instance ) it would have.

It goes back to that accuracy thing again. The mandates were legal instruments.

While all treaties are legal instruments not all legal instruments are treaties. In the case of the mandates, we have an agreement between peaceful entities. A treaty is an agreement between waring entities. Big difference

The mandates didn't involve ( in this case ) the Ottomans
Had it been a treaty, ( the treaty of Lausanne for instance ) it would have.
OK, and?

Only Nazis support the Nazi occupation of Palestine. Wonder the buggers managed to find it, apparently.

Mufti was a nazi in thought and deed. Many palestinians still speak and think as nazis and wide spread nazi propaganda. Hilters books is second to the quran.
Nationalism, racial/religious purity of the land, hate, genocide of jews/gays/christians,

You support the nazi palestinians?

As in Germany the whole population is not nazi, but too many in leadership and among the fighters are.
I expect the Mufti believed, as do most people, that 'My enemy's enemy is my friend'. And the Palestinians are Nazis in the way the French Resistance and everybody was during the War - they wanted to destroy the Master Race. Unlike you, Goebbels.

Only Nazis support the Nazi occupation of Palestine. Wonder the buggers managed to find it, apparently.

Mufti was a nazi in thought and deed. Many palestinians still speak and think as nazis and wide spread nazi propaganda. Hilters books is second to the quran.
Nationalism, racial/religious purity of the land, hate, genocide of jews/gays/christians,

As in Germany the whole population is not nazi, but too many in leadership and among the fighters are.
I expect the Mufti believed, as do most people, that 'My enemy's enemy is my friend'. And the Palestinians are Nazis in the way the French Resistance and everybody was during the War - they wanted to destroy the Master Race. Unlike you, Goebbels.

The nazis call themselves the master race. Palestinians did and still do want to destroy a race and religion that existed long before them with a well documented history written by those through the region, not just by the jews themselves.

Rubbish - they want to get the racist, child-murdering Nazi occupation cleared out, as do all decent people.

Forum List

Back