Where is our LEADERSHIP in the USA?

Gatekeeper

Nov 11, 2009
New Jersey
Concerning specifically the Wikileaks, amongst dozens of other inept responses and action from this administration, the Wikileaks issue has me puzzled when others give aid and comfort to the enemy such as this, in my opinion, this slime ball head of Wiki has done. Reading the options that President Obama has with regard to Wiki, it boggles the mind how NOTHING is being done that I am aware of. It seems Obama is in LA LA land with ineptness and leadership. With B.S. he gets 5 stars.

With regard to this following story:

Here are some of the things the U.S. could do:

1. Indict Mr. Assange and his colleagues for espionage, regardless of whether he is presently in a U.S. jurisdiction, and ask our allies to do the same.
2. Explore opportunities for the president to designate WikiLeaks and its officers as enemy combatants, paving the way for non-judicial actions against them.
3. Freeze the assets of the WikiLeaks organization and its supporters, and sanction financial organizations working with this terrorist-enabling organization so they cannot clear transactions denominated in U.S. dollars.
4. Give the new U.S. Cyber-Command a chance to prove its worth by ordering it to electronically assault WikiLeaks and any telecommunications company offering its services to this organization.
5. Holding meaningful congressional hearings to look into how this much classified information could ever be compromised and how the U.S. can better identify and combat political warfare organizations like WikiLeaks.

FoxNews.com - Why Do We Keep Ignoring the WikiLeaks Threat?

Concerning specifically the Wikileaks, amongst dozens of other inept responses and action from this administration, the Wikileaks issue has me puzzled when others give aid and comfort to the enemy such as this, in my opinion, this slime ball head of Wiki has done. Reading the options that President Obama has with regard to Wiki, it boggles the mind how NOTHING is being done that I am aware of. It seems Obama is in LA LA land with ineptness and leadership. With B.S. he gets 5 stars.

1. Indict Mr. Assange and his colleagues for espionage, regardless of whether he is presently in a U.S. jurisdiction, and ask our allies to do the same.
2. Explore opportunities for the president to designate WikiLeaks and its officers as enemy combatants, paving the way for non-judicial actions against them.
3. Freeze the assets of the WikiLeaks organization and its supporters, and sanction financial organizations working with this terrorist-enabling organization so they cannot clear transactions denominated in U.S. dollars.
4. Give the new U.S. Cyber-Command a chance to prove its worth by ordering it to electronically assault WikiLeaks and any telecommunications company offering its services to this organization.
5. Holding meaningful congressional hearings to look into how this much classified information could ever be compromised and how the U.S. can better identify and combat political warfare organizations like WikiLeaks.

Gatekeeper, are you even a little disturbed by the war crimes described in the recent batch of documents leaked to Wikileaks? It upsets me no end this administration seems to be allowing classified material out the door, but I am not angry at Wikileaks anymore than I was angry at the NY Times for publishing the Pentagon Papers. That is what media outlets DO...and what they should do.

In my mind there are only two important questions:

* How did classified material get out AGAIN?

* What are we going to do about the crimes described in this batch?

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/10/20/president-barack-obama-to-appear-on-the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart-wednesday-october-27-at-11pm/68930

Pretty clearly, Wikileaks committed no crime and is not liable in any way. The military types who made these disclosures, on the other hand, may be in whole world of hurt.

Get used to anything that goes through computers being open to the public. So almost all governments are going to find their actions open to the public view. And that is a good thing.

Just as the prevelance of cameras with video ability has resulted in abusive law officers being exposed, so will the illegal actions of governments suffer from the ease of following the tracks on the computers.

Punish WikiLeaks? I applaud them. Every government on the planet needs this kind of oversight.

Get used to anything that goes through computers being open to the public. So almost all governments are going to find their actions open to the public view. And that is a good thing.

Just as the prevelance of cameras with video ability has resulted in abusive law officers being exposed, so will the illegal actions of governments suffer from the ease of following the tracks on the computers.

Punish WikiLeaks? I applaud them. Every government on the planet needs this kind of oversight.

I wouldn't have so much of a problem with them if they were a great deal more responsible. Handing out raw data like that..ESPECIALLY with the names of people, specific incidents and specific places is extremely irresponsible..and puts the lives of people performing some very vital and sensitive work, at risk.

That said..there isn't much the Obama administration can do to stop the guy (That's legal, anyway). Espionage charges though..seem like a viable route.

Gatekeeper, are you even a little disturbed by the war crimes described in the recent batch of documents leaked to Wikileaks? It upsets me no end this administration seems to be allowing classified material out the door, but I am not angry at Wikileaks anymore than I was angry at the NY Times for publishing the Pentagon Papers. That is what media outlets DO...and what they should do.

In my mind there are only two important questions:

* How did classified material get out AGAIN?

* What are we going to do about the crimes described in this batch?

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/10/20/president-barack-obama-to-appear-on-the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart-wednesday-october-27-at-11pm/68930

Pretty clearly, Wikileaks committed no crime and is not liable in any way. The military types who made these disclosures, on the other hand, may be in whole world of hurt.

By publishing these documents, many people's lives are put into jepardy. For example, they leave in titles of Iraqis that helped US and now those people will be targeted for killings.

Aside from that, it amazes me that this asshole can just publish tens of thousands of classified documents from the world's strongest nation without any repercussions. In any other era he would of been taken care of real quick and quiet like.

And the fact that the publisher of Wikileaks is a fugative from justice hasn't quite sunk in yet, has it?

Forum List

Back