Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Sun-tanning at Bondi Beach.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trimming his beard.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I find it quite ironic.

Osama Bin Laden and Al Qaeda attacks the U.S. on 9/11 2002. We retaliate and go to war in Afghanistan. We demolish their military opposition. 6 months later we also go to war in Iraq.

1 month afterwards we declare an end to major combat in Iraq. A few months after that we capture Saddam.

Yet, we haven't declared an end to major combat in Afghanistan. Nor have we been able to capture Bin Laden.

Is someone saying that Osama is a better hider than Saddam? Should the Afghanies be proud that their Osama can kick Saddam's ass in hide and go seek, any day of the week?

All the while, Saddam wasn't able to do jack sh*t during the whole operation, while Bin Laden is able to mount a counter offensive in various countries.

Is someone saying that Osama is a better hider than Saddam? Should the Afghanies be proud that their Osama can kick Saddam's ass in hide and go seek, any day of the week?

Osama has been hiding in various countries for the past 10 years at least. Saddam only retreated once US forces entered Baghdad. I don't think the 2 situations are very comparable.

All the while, Saddam wasn't able to do jack sh*t during the whole operation, while Bin Laden is able to mount a counter offensive in various countries.

I wouldn't say jack shit. He directed a large portion of the military during the onset. After he retreated it has been reported that he was still directing many of the insurgencies.

Bin Laden is ordering terror attacks the best he can. I wouldn't make it sound as if he has free reign to do what he wants when he wants though. He has a much more widespread 'regime' than Saddam had. Nonetheless, he will be caught as well.

I think it has more to say about their hiding places. Saddam had a hole in the ground in the middle of the dessert to hide in. Not a very good place to hide.

Osama on the other hand has the mountains of Aghanistan, numerous caves and tunnels to hide in. and could possibily have fled Aghanistan all together.

I think its obvious its going to be more difficult to find Osama then Saddam. The flat desert and houses are alot easier to search than caves up in the mountains that have easy access to a border.

knock-knock knockin on heaven's door,
but noone's answering and the clouds are parting.

Forum List

Back