Where is Obama and fema in Tenn.

it's becoming increasingly clear that obama doesn't care for the south:

1. Delay in response to the bp oil spill for days and days (don't believe the "day one" spin in which the obama admin. Is desperately engaged).

2. The insulting reaction to the az immigration bill (obama immediately went on the attack - in this case he did have day one response.)

3. The complete lack of concern and response to the flooding in tn and ky. (note the self-sufficiency, neighbor helping neighborliness, and lack of whinging on the part of the citizens of both states.)

$failboatid2.jpg

Is it because they are mostly white and didn't vote and probally not supporting him in the 2012 election the reason he is not helping these poor people? He hasn't even been there yet. If this was Bush this would be the top news story in the liberal run media!!!!

I lived in Nashve for 20 years, have been back in my home state only 3 years, and am still VERY tied to Nashville.

Nashville is fine. It is not New Orleans. People there have a work ethic and the government housing projects were vastly unaffected. There have been very few incidents of crime secondary to the flood, people are helping one another out and getting it back together. There is actually some optimism that the economy will get a boost from all the money that is going to be coming in from insurance, grants, etc. for reconstruction.

Most Nashvillians I know don't really want Obama there. Why would they, they are not his constituents. The governor, Phil Bredesen, has secured the needed federal help and the Nashville that I know is just as glad not to have to deal with Obama in additon to the flood. Let it go and let them count their blessings!

Last edited:
Flood Victims, hello, do they even have TV or radio or even power? I'm sure they would love to sit an listen to Obama.:cuckoo:

The only people I have been able to talk to are the once with the cell phones. My friends have called me to get updates about the water situation, etc. because I can get the local TV station news links on my computer. I think the Nashville flood made about all of 15 minutes on national news.

Some family members I still haven't contacted, but they are OK or I would have already heard from someone else.

I think interplanetjanet is going to make a short trip there.. but she's white.

it's becoming increasingly clear that obama doesn't care for the south:

1. Delay in response to the bp oil spill for days and days (don't believe the "day one" spin in which the obama admin. Is desperately engaged).

2. The insulting reaction to the az immigration bill (obama immediately went on the attack - in this case he did have day one response.)

3. The complete lack of concern and response to the flooding in tn and ky. (note the self-sufficiency, neighbor helping neighborliness, and lack of whinging on the part of the citizens of both states.)

View attachment 10205

Your response is one of a Losing Loser who Lost the debate.

Your response is one of a Losing Loser who Lost the debate.

Lost what? There is no debate to be lost. Are you touched in the head? :lol:

You're the one who is blinded by your partisan hackery, it's quite sad really.

Is it because they are mostly white and didn't vote and probally not supporting him in the 2012 election the reason he is not helping these poor people? He hasn't even been there yet. If this was Bush this would be the top news story in the liberal run media!!!!

I lived in Nashve for 20 years, have been back in my home state only 3 years, and am still VERY tied to Nashville.

Nashville is fine. It is not New Orleans. People there have a work ethic and the government housing projects were vastly unaffected. There have been very few incidents of crime secondary to the flood, people are helping one another out and getting it back together. There is actually some optimism that the economy will get a boost from all the money that is going to be coming in from insurance, grants, etc. for reconstruction.

Most Nashvillians I know don't really want Obama there. Why would they, they are not his constituents. The governor, Phil Bredesen, has secured the needed federal help and the Nashville that I know is just as glad not to have to deal with Obama in additon to the flood. Let it go and let them count their blessings!

Obama is president. That makes everyone his "constituents". To get help from the federal government means he is involved since he is the leader of the federal government.

Shut the fuck up and tell it to the governor./

Tennessee Governor "very pleased" with response to flooding by Obama administration

"I've never seen this kind of response," said Tennessee Governor Phil Bredesen (D), "and we've had our share of tornadoes and so forth." The Volunteer State governor was speaking to reporters on a conference call arranged by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) from Nashville, which has been hit hard by rains last weekend.

"FEMA and the White House could not have been more helpful in this thing,
" Bredesen said. Record amounts of rain fell Saturday and Sunday, more than 13 inches recorded in parts of Tennessee. Officials Thursday reported the state's 20th death from the storm and subsequent flooding.

3. The complete lack of concern and response to the flooding in TN and KY. (Note the self-sufficiency, neighbor helping neighborliness, and lack of whinging on the part of the citizens of both states.)

Napolitano said 16,000 Tennessee residents had already applied for help from FEMA, and the Government has approved $4.1 million to help individuals make repairs or find new housing, among other things.
Sounds like self-sufficiency to me!
Secretary Napolitano encourages help for flood victims

3. The complete lack of concern and response to the flooding in TN and KY. (Note the self-sufficiency, neighbor helping neighborliness, and lack of whinging on the part of the citizens of both states.)

Napolitano said 16,000 Tennessee residents had already applied for help from FEMA, and the Government has approved $4.1 million to help individuals make repairs or find new housing, among other things.

OMG It was horrible. Thousands of people sitting on a bridge, exposed to the elements not knowing what to do to take care of themselves. Old people and babies with the sun beating down on them and no one able to even rig a makeshift shelter. Nothing but misery amongst a populace so dependent upon their federal father that they could do nothing but wait for his untimely arrival. Oh wait... that wasn't Tennessee. Nevermind

OMG It was horrible. Thousands of people sitting on a bridge, exposed to the elements not knowing what to do to take care of themselves. Old people and babies with the sun beating down on them and no one able to even rig a makeshift shelter. Nothing but misery amongst a populace so dependent upon their federal father that they could do nothing but wait for his untimely arrival. Oh wait... that wasn't Tennessee. Nevermind

Yeah I'm not really sure what you're talking about.

Storms struck Friday night.

President makes federal funding available to affected individuals in Cheatham, Davidson, Hickman and Williamson counties by Tuesday morning.

FEMA: President Declares Major Disaster For Tennessee

USMB conservatives once again....
Can you link a speech quote where he has spoken to the flood victims?

I agree....without a clip, the aid didnt happen! :doubt:

Does it have to be from Obama?

How about the FEMA Administrator Fugate and Tennessee Governor Bredesen? Are the both liars? The Governor of Tennessee is a "liar"?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3SJXzlQAGk&feature=related]YouTube - FEMA Administrator Fugate and Tennessee Governor Bredesen Update on Flood Response[/ame]

FOX NEWS!!!!

Tennessee Governor “very pleased” with response to flooding by Obama administration Row 2, Seat 4

Governor Bredesen recognized his state's emergency was "sandwiched between" the news coverage of the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico and the attempted car bombing in New York's Times Square, and while he wanted to call national attend to the "extraordinary event", he noted the Obama administration has been focused from the beginning. "FEMA was on the ground before the rain drops fell," said Bredesen, who noted he'd not only spoken to Mr. Obama, but Homeland Security Secretary Napolitano and Senior Adviser Valerie Jarrett. "We're very pleased with the response we've gotten from the administration."

16,000 Tennesseans Already Registered For Disaster Help - NewsChannel5.com | Nashville News, Weather & Sports

NASHVILLE, Tenn. – As of 6 a.m. Saturday, over 16,000 Tennessee residents have applied for disaster assistance from FEMA. With 650 inspections already complete, over $4.1 million has been approved for assistance to individuals.

Statements and Releases | The White House

You know the only reason Republicans wanted Obama was so they could say he should be worried about the oil spill or terrorists or so they could make fun of the way he talks. He's elitist. He's arrogant.

As long as they get the help and support they need, who cares if Obama goes there. Besides, you know he would need a lot of SS security protection from all those rednecks with guns. Race relations in Tennessee have never been all that good. I would hope he would stay away from the Southern states.

How about the FEMA Administrator Fugate and Tennessee Governor Bredesen? Are the both liars? The Governor of Tennessee is a "liar"?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3SJXzlQAGk&feature=related]YouTube - FEMA Administrator Fugate and Tennessee Governor Bredesen Update on Flood Response[/ame]

FOX NEWS!!!!

Tennessee Governor “very pleased” with response to flooding by Obama administration Row 2, Seat 4

Governor Bredesen recognized his state's emergency was "sandwiched between" the news coverage of the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico and the attempted car bombing in New York's Times Square, and while he wanted to call national attend to the "extraordinary event", he noted the Obama administration has been focused from the beginning. "FEMA was on the ground before the rain drops fell," said Bredesen, who noted he'd not only spoken to Mr. Obama, but Homeland Security Secretary Napolitano and Senior Adviser Valerie Jarrett. "We're very pleased with the response we've gotten from the administration."

16,000 Tennesseans Already Registered For Disaster Help - NewsChannel5.com | Nashville News, Weather & Sports

NASHVILLE, Tenn. – As of 6 a.m. Saturday, over 16,000 Tennessee residents have applied for disaster assistance from FEMA. With 650 inspections already complete, over $4.1 million has been approved for assistance to individuals.

You know the only reason Republicans wanted Obama was so they could say he should be worried about the oil spill or terrorists or so they could make fun of the way he talks. He's elitist. He's arrogant.

As long as they get the help and support they need, who cares if Obama goes there. Besides, you know he would need a lot of SS security protection from all those rednecks with guns. Race relations in Tennessee have never been all that good. I would hope he would stay away from the Southern states.

You're arguing with people that don't care about factual reality. People blamed Bush for the crappy response during Katrina - therefore, its Obama's fault for a crappy response in Nashville, doesn't actually matter if the response wasn't crappy .

Bredesen is a Democrat who endorsed Obama over Hillary in the 2008 primaries.

Obama carried Davidson County (Nashville) with 60% of the vote.

You've either never been near Nashville, or you're a fucking retard.

FOX NEWS!!!!

Pssst, i was being sarcastic.

May 6, 2010 | 5:06 PM ET
Tennessee Governor "very pleased" with response to flooding by Obama administration

"I've never seen this kind of response," said Tennessee Governor Phil Bredesen (D), "and we've had our share of tornadoes and so forth." The Volunteer State governor was speaking to reporters on a conference call arranged by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) from Nashville, which
has been hit hard by rains last weekend."

Forum List

Back