Where is Obama and fema in Tenn.

I shouldn't have to, you've already looked it up for us.

Or it would appear, rather "made it up" for us.

When a building floods to its roof, it is not conceivably possible to get it ready for general use in only a few days. The sheer volume of trash and grime and crap and glass that will have been thrown around by the flood waters is bad enough. If the school building has sheet rock walls, you have to gut the whole thing and put up new sheet, if it has plaster or concrete walls you have to scour it with bleach - or toxic mold will form. Not to mention all the damage to the building itself - broken windows, missing roof tiles, anything wood will be fucked up, etc. - and the entire contents of the school will be generally soaked and useless and laying all over the place - books, computers, desks, you name it.

To claim that a school has reopened only a few days after being flooded to its damn roof is to claim a fucking miracle - its YOUR claim - YOU provide evidence for it, not me.

I haven't ever seen a school with sheet rock walls. Clean up of Nashville schools in a week is not out of the question. It did happen. They got their ducks in a row and did it. Of course, you, being from New Orleans can't fathom such a thing. No surprises.

Are you serious? You have NEVER seen a school with sheetrock walls? Have you ever been to a school? More than one? Do NONE of the schools in Nashville have carpet either?

Yeah no shit, I forgot about the carpet.

My wife's (then my girlfriend) one bedroom house got flooded about 1 foot in Rita - it was a friggen nasty disgusting putrid mess. And that was only 1 ft.

I haven't ever seen a school with sheet rock walls. Clean up of Nashville schools in a week is not out of the question. It did happen. They got their ducks in a row and did it. Of course, you, being from New Orleans can't fathom such a thing. No surprises.

Are you serious? You have NEVER seen a school with sheetrock walls? Have you ever been to a school? More than one? Do NONE of the schools in Nashville have carpet either?

Yeah no shit, I forgot about the carpet.

My wife's (then my girlfriend) one bedroom house got flooded about 1 foot in Rita - it was a friggen nasty disgusting putrid mess. And that was only 1 ft.

EXACTLY. We are not talking about calling in Stanley Steemer and calling it a day. The carpet AND sheetrock, possibly false ceiling tiles will ALL have to be taken away before these schools can SAFELY be reopened.

Forum List

Back