Where is Murtha?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by RetiredGySgt, Jun 4, 2008.

1. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,971
    Where is Former Col Murtha the Congressional Critter that proclaimed to the press that Haditha was a war crime and a disgrace? The only DISGRACE is Murtha and his political stunt.

Another Marine found completely innocent of wrong doing at haditha.

Marine acquitted in Haditha killing cover-up case - Yahoo! News

Only 2 left and it isn't looking good for the Prosecution.

2. Swamp Fox

Swamp Fox Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Murtha's busy hiding from his consituents and hoping nobody in his state has access to the internet.

3. RetiredGySgt

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,971
    One of Murtha's supporters on this board seems to have tucked tail and run off. Haven't seen him post in some time now. I notice none of the other Liberals want to touch this with a 50 foot pole.

Par for the course, make outlandish lies, get the press to spread them for you and when eventually they are proven wrong, silence and no apology. Murtha should be symbolically removed from the Marine Corps rolls. He lied about the marines involved, he lied about where he supposedly got his information and he turned an attack on Bush into an attack on the Corps.

And the Liberals I knew at the time all defended his sorry lying ass. Some here continued right up until the aquitals started pouring in to defend him.

4. rayboyusmc

rayboyusmc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +338
    Not really. I have never tucked tail and run. And trust me, so far you aren't going to be the one to make me start. Have you?

When this if over, if all have been acquitted and he doesn't make some kind of statement, I will then blame him for this.

Will you ever be able to admit Bush has screwed up. If he ever does?:razz:

Plus your inane bullshit continues. When you can't defend a point you made, you just ignore it. Now you are the voice of reason when once you may be right.

Your standards are hippo critical.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2008
  5. RetiredGySgt

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,971
    Got a big head don't you? The poster I was referring to has been on this board a hell of a lot longer then you.

You will find NO comments from Murtha except maybe an attempt to claim guilty people were released. He lied about who supposedly briefed him and what they told him, the Commandant told the press after his little Tirade that the Commandant had NOT told Murtha any of the things he claimed to have been briefed on. That makes him a Liar right off the bat. Add in none of the claims he made are even remotely true and we continue to see his lies in action.

But do, like the coward Murtha join your fellow Col and tar and feather fellow serving Marines because you do not like the President. Remind me of ANY similar incident under Clinton, when former members of the Military openly attacked and lied about serving military troops and Officers.

6. rayboyusmc

rayboyusmc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +338
    You would have very well under Hitler's regime. You attack anyone who dares not kiss Bush's ass and then try to blur the lines by saying I am tar and feathering fellow Marines.

You are a fucking jerk off partisan putsch. You need to live in a world where only your opinion is accepted. You are a good example of what is wrong with some of our conservative brethren.

And here is more data that these Marines are dying for lies:

I respect the troops who serve as much or more than you do. I, however, won't jump into this war like you and say it's all for Democracy and the other lies from Bush. He used them and you can't handle the truth.

Bush misused Iraq intelligence: Senate report - Yahoo! News

7. RetiredGySgt

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,971
    A partisan report that does nothing more then rehash old news. Intel was wrong, Bush can not be held responsible for being told the wrong information. Further notice they still do not have any smoking gun and can not actually make a single concrete statement of fact as to any "lies". Par for the course. Only took the 18 months to concoct this report.

8. rayboyusmc

rayboyusmc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +338
    No but he can for distorting and ignoring. You will hold onto the word "lie" for the rest of your life to defend him.

You and Billy are good with parsing fucking words.

9. BrianH

BrianH Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +238
    Why don't we address the OP. Murtha hung those boys out to dry before he or anyone else knew the details. Whether the last two are convicted or not, Murtha was still wrong because he didn't pin-point one or two marines for this...he pin-pointed all who were involved and made a clear point that they were guilty and then used it as a political platform.

You know, I'd like to say that I respect any man who has served our country, but sometimes it's really hard. And I have to say that Murtha is tipping the scale IMO. I have a hard time respecting a man who is willing to so quickly sell out these marines, even having been one himself.

10. Swamp Fox

Swamp Fox Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Ray,

Since you are so fond of pointing out that Bush never served and Murtha did, doesn't that mean we should hold Murtha to a HIGHER standard of truth. After all, Murtha was a decorated Marine who served in combat and should know about the fog of war. Yet, he dove right on in and slandered the ENTIRE US military with his blowhard comments. Seems like the man should be drummed out of the Corps.