Where is Jillian and the left?

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
North Carolina
During Bush's two terms Jillian and the left on this boiard had a fit when ever it even remotely appeared that politics were played with the war on terror. Obama and his campaign are trotting it out like a good show pony event and not a peep from the left EXCEPT praise.

Just wondering where all those complaints went?

To the tune of Howdy Doody...

It's Double Standard Time.

It's Double Standard Time.

Jillian and Nancy Do

Say Double Standard to you.

Let's give a rousing cheer,

Cause Double Standard's here,

It's time to slant the show,

So liars let's go!

:lol::lol::lol:

During Bush's two terms Jillian and the left on this boiard had a fit when ever it even remotely appeared that politics were played with the war on terror. Obama and his campaign are trotting it out like a good show pony event and not a peep from the left EXCEPT praise.

What were the complaints? That invading Iraq was a bad idea? That torturing suspects flew in the face of the American notion of justice and fair play? That borrowing the money to prosecute the wars from China was not a sound decision? That the war in Iraq was costing us too much in lives, treasure and international prestige?

Were those the complaints?

What were the complaints? That invading Iraq was a bad idea? That torturing suspects flew in the face of the American notion of justice and fair play? That borrowing the money to prosecute the wars from China was not a sound decision? That the war in Iraq was costing us too much in lives, treasure and international prestige?

Were those the complaints?

When ever any act that was publicly good occurred out of the War on Terror and it even remotely appeared that Bush or the Republicans were using it for Political advantage Jillian and the left on this board had a shit fit. Demanding it cease and desist instantly, that it was immoral and wrong to use the war as a political weapon or source of drumming up political support. But then you knew these and are practicing the lefts preposition of confuse and obstruct.

Also Jillian personally had a fit when ever any group was arrested in the US for terror crimes and claimed the Government and more specifically Bush and Company were making it up for political gain, she did so with the group in Florida and New York. Yet any arrest under Obama is right and just according to the left and Jillian.

i think obama has used the war, the terrorist and the military to the best of his ability to look like something he is not. just as he has ask the country to be frugal and endure hard times while he parties like a rock star? but there is no outcry..there was no outcry when he signed into laws bills that allow citizens to be held with no trial.....where was the outcry then? is it the media...no cause plenty of us know about it...or is it the fact that the citizens of the us dont educate themselves beyond party chants and mantra....but is there really any differences in the two parties? is there?

The Obama campaign tore into the Hilary Clinton campaign for politicizing the War on Terror. He even accused them as being as bad as Bush for using the WOT as part of a campaign.

Hello? Double freaking standard much?

Apr 27, 2012 11:06am
FLASHBACK: Obama Campaign Accused Clinton Of Using Bin Laden To ‘Score Political Points’ In 2008

ABC News’ Michael Falcone reports:

The Obama campaign opened up a new line of attack on Mitt Romney Friday, suggesting that as commander-in-chief Romney might not have made the same decision to order an attack by U.S. forces to kill terrorist mastermind Osama bin Laden that President Obama did.

In a new web video titled “One Chance,” the Obama team features former President Bill Clinton praising Obama for deciding to launch the strike last year. “Why path would Mitt Romney have taken?” the clip asks.

But four years ago this April, the Obama campaign criticized Democratic rival Hillary Clinton for using Osama bin Laden in a political ad.

On the eve of the 2008 Pennsylvania primary, Clinton’s campaign released a television commercial featuring an image of bin Laden and invoking President Harry S. Truman’s quote: “If you can’t stand the heat get out of the kitchen.”

Further along in the article.***

The Obama campaign spokesman, Bill Burton, accused the Clinton team of playing “the politics of fear” just like George W. Bush.

Burton, now the head of the Democratic super PAC, Priorities USA, said at the time: “When Senator Clinton voted with President Bush to authorize the war in Iraq, she made a tragically bad decision that diverted our military from the terrorists who attacked us, and allowed Osama bin Laden to escape and regenerate his terrorist network.

It’s ironic that she would borrow the President’s tactics in her own campaign and invoke bin Laden to score political points. We already have a President who plays the politics of fear, and we don’t need another.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politic...-bin-laden-to-score-political-points-in-2008/

i think obama has used the war, the terrorist and the military to the best of his ability to look like something he is not. just as he has ask the country to be frugal and endure hard times while he parties like a rock star? but there is no outcry..there was no outcry when he signed into laws bills that allow citizens to be held with no trial.....where was the outcry then? is it the media...no cause plenty of us know about it...or is it the fact that the citizens of the us dont educate themselves beyond party chants and mantra....but is there really any differences in the two parties? is there?

Sometimes people get the gov't - they deserve

Politics being what it is in this country
I suspect the serious issues ahead of us will be put off till
the last minute- when there is no more choice

We may end up like Greece

obamapatton-i2797.jpg

Sometimes people get the gov't - they deserve

Politics being what it is in this country
I suspect the serious issues ahead of us will be put off till
the last minute- when there is no more choice

We may end up like Greece
If obamaturd has his way we will.

To be fair

it is all they have

Obama isn't working

Actually, no there isn't. Not a great deal anyway. Both major parties have been leading the country down the road to hell for a long time now. The GOP may have been doing it somewhat more slowly but they are getting us there just the same.

Our ONLY hope is groups like the Tea Partiers, 9/12ers, et al who are putting their support behind and pressure on candidates who will get us off that road. It has nothing to do with social policy--we can deal with our differences re that once we get the train back on the track. It has everything to do with American exceptionalism and whether we are going to preseve the concept the Founders gave us.

But as you say, if the majority puts their allegiance behind a brand or political party or holds on dogmatically to a political ideology at the expense of actually assessing results and consequences, I don't give us a lot of hope to get back on track.

CON$ always rewrite history. Bush played games with the color coded terror alerts for political gain, especially in the run up to the 2004 election, and his own people admitted it. Bush did that because he had no accomplishments to tout! In 2004 he was losing both wars badly and had given up on killing his Butt Buddy Osama Bin Forgotten. That's quite different from Obama's successfully killing Bush's Butt Buddy Osama Bin Forgotten. Obama has not ginned up phony terror alerts like Bush did.

AFP: Politics colored US 'terror alert': Former Bush aide

Politics colored US 'terror alert': Former Bush aide
By Olivier Knox (AFP) – Aug 20, 2009
WASHINGTON — Former US homeland security chief Tom Ridge charges in a new book that top aides to then-president George W. Bush pressured him to raise the "terror alert" level to sway the November 2004 US election.
Then defense secretary Donald Rumsfeld and attorney general John Ashcroft pushed him to elevate the color-coded threat level, but Ridge refused, according to a summary from his publisher, Thomas Dunne Books.
"After that episode, I knew I had to follow through with my plans to leave the federal government for the private sector," Ridge is quoted as writing in "The Test of Our Times: America Under Siege ... And How We Can Be Safe Again."
Some of Bush's critics had repeatedly questioned whether the administration was using warnings of a possible attack to blunt the political damage from the unpopular Iraq war by shifting the debate to the broader "war on terrorism," which had wide popular appeal.
Fran Townsend, Bush's homeland security adviser at the White House, disputed Ridge's account, saying: "There was never a discussion of politics in the terror alerts discussions in the four and a half years I was there."
Ridge, a former governor of Pennsylvania, was the first secretary of the US Department of Homeland Security that the US Congress created in response to the September 11, 2001 terrorist strikes.
He also says that Townsend called his department ahead of an August 1, 2004 speech to ask Ridge to include a reference to "defensive measures ... away from home" -- language that he read as being a reference to the Iraq war.
In those remarks, Ridge said he was raising the threat alert level for the financial services sector in New York City, northern New Jersey, and Washington DC, and went on to praise Bush's leadership against extremism.
"The reports that have led to this alert are the result of offensive intelligence and military operations overseas, as well as strong partnerships with our allies around the world, such as Pakistan," said Ridge.
"Such operations and partnerships give us insight into the enemy so we can better target our defensive measures here and away from home," he said at the time.
He later publicly acknowledged that much of the information underpinning the new alert was three years old, stoking Bush critics' charges of political manipulation.
Townsend told AFP by telephone that Ridge had sent her his remarks in advance of the speech and asked that she forward them around the White House for comment, and that he was free to disregard such the advice.
"The only reason I saw his words is that he sent them to me, and asked that I circulate them for comment," she said. "It was up to him, ultimately, what he was going to say."
But Democratic Senator Frank Lautenberg, a frequent critic of the color-coded alert system, said Thursday that Ridge's book "confirms our worst suspicions."
"Just like they did in Iraq, the Bush Administration manipulated intelligence to cause fear in the public to further its political goals,"
he said in a statement.

CON$ always rewrite history. Bush played games with the color coded terror alerts for political gain, especially in the run up to the 2004 election, and his own people admitted it. Bush did that because he had no accomplishments to tout! In 2004 he was losing both wars badly and had given up on killing his Butt Buddy Osama Bin Forgotten. That's quite different from Obama's successfully killing Bush's Butt Buddy Osama Bin Forgotten. Obama has not ginned up phony terror alerts like Bush did.

WASHINGTON — Former US homeland security chief Tom Ridge charges in a new book that top aides to then-president George W. Bush pressured him to raise the "terror alert" level to sway the November 2004 US election.
Then defense secretary Donald Rumsfeld and attorney general John Ashcroft pushed him to elevate the color-coded threat level, but Ridge refused, according to a summary from his publisher, Thomas Dunne Books.
"After that episode, I knew I had to follow through with my plans to leave the federal government for the private sector," Ridge is quoted as writing in "The Test of Our Times: America Under Siege ... And How We Can Be Safe Again."
Some of Bush's critics had repeatedly questioned whether the administration was using warnings of a possible attack to blunt the political damage from the unpopular Iraq war by shifting the debate to the broader "war on terrorism," which had wide popular appeal.
Fran Townsend, Bush's homeland security adviser at the White House, disputed Ridge's account, saying: "There was never a discussion of politics in the terror alerts discussions in the four and a half years I was there."
Ridge, a former governor of Pennsylvania, was the first secretary of the US Department of Homeland Security that the US Congress created in response to the September 11, 2001 terrorist strikes.
He also says that Townsend called his department ahead of an August 1, 2004 speech to ask Ridge to include a reference to "defensive measures ... away from home" -- language that he read as being a reference to the Iraq war.
In those remarks, Ridge said he was raising the threat alert level for the financial services sector in New York City, northern New Jersey, and Washington DC, and went on to praise Bush's leadership against extremism.
"The reports that have led to this alert are the result of offensive intelligence and military operations overseas, as well as strong partnerships with our allies around the world, such as Pakistan," said Ridge.
"Such operations and partnerships give us insight into the enemy so we can better target our defensive measures here and away from home," he said at the time.
He later publicly acknowledged that much of the information underpinning the new alert was three years old, stoking Bush critics' charges of political manipulation.
Townsend told AFP by telephone that Ridge had sent her his remarks in advance of the speech and asked that she forward them around the White House for comment, and that he was free to disregard such the advice.
"The only reason I saw his words is that he sent them to me, and asked that I circulate them for comment," she said. "It was up to him, ultimately, what he was going to say."
But Democratic Senator Frank Lautenberg, a frequent critic of the color-coded alert system, said Thursday that Ridge's book "confirms our worst suspicions."
"Just like they did in Iraq, the Bush Administration manipulated intelligence to cause fear in the public to further its political goals,"
he said in a statement.

Any lie will do when caught right? Just like how 6 trillion in 8 years was VERY bad but 6 trillion in 4 is suddenly good. Right?

he said in a statement.

Any lie will do when caught right? Just like how 6 trillion in 8 years was VERY bad but 6 trillion in 4 is suddenly good. Right?
You should know since you are the one lying!

he said in a statement.

You should know since you are the one lying!

You are the one that bemoaned politics and the war on terror under Bush, now suddenly Obama does it openly repeatedly and you applaud it. You are the one that whined about 6 trillion deficit in 8 years and blamed Bush, we have 6 trillion in 4 and you suddenly think out of control spending is not only ok but needed. Hypocrite comes to mind, lying piece of crap too.

Forum List

Back