Where Is Conservatism Today?

Yet when Democracy was first employed in ancient Athens, it was ultimately a failure as it eventually degenerated into mindless mob rule. (Recently, the support for Sarah Palin as Vice-President shows the same trend in this country).

Although, I didn't vote for Sarah Palin.

Your assertion that support for Palin was tantamount to mob rule is pure nonsense, bordering on idiotcy :evil:

Sarah Palin could not correctly answer a eight grade question as to the constitutional responsibilties of the Vice-President, while she was running for Vice-president. IT WAS ABSURD!

The fact that so many Americans voted for the McCain/Palin ticket, knowing that she would be next in line for the Presidency, was equally ABSURD.

The level of either plain stupidity or at best, the lack of seriousness of these voters is VERY much a parallel of the mob mentality that ruined Athenian democracy.

Basically, at it's core the conservative movement strives to defend the status quo (that's why they're called 'conservatives'), and to reverse any progressive changes that have been instatianted.

dude, make up your mind. Either we are defending the stutus quo or we are trying to change the Republic. Cant be both.

Basically, at it's core the conservative movement strives to defend the status quo (that's why they're called 'conservatives'), and to reverse any progressive changes that have been instatianted.
When has that ever happened?....Provide some unarguable examples.

Have you ever heard of DEREGULATION!?!?!
How about PRIVITIZATION?!?!?

Why do you think that they're called NEO-Conservatives? They have been slowly but surely reversing the progressive changes made in this country since FDR. Not only do they have the clear agenda of reversing the New Deal, but given their theocratic leanings, the enlightenment as well.

Sarah Palin could not correctly answer a eight grade question as to the constitutional responsibilties of the Vice-President, while she was running for Vice-president. IT WAS ABSURD!

The fact that so many Americans voted for the McCain/Palin ticket, knowing that she would be next in line for the Presidency, was equally ABSURD.

The level of either plain stupidity or at best, the lack of seriousness of these voters is VERY much a parallel of the mob mentality that ruined Athenian democracy.

Thank you for demonstrating that no matter how many big words you use, using the argument "you're stupid/absurd/an idiot/etc simply because you believe differently than I" is just as lame as it was in kindergarten.

dude, make up your mind. Either we are defending the stutus quo or we are trying to change the Republic. Cant be both.

O.K. if you want to play word games:

the conservative movement strives to defend the status quo against progressive changes.... while striving to reverse any progressive changes that have been instatianted.

Do any of the Conservatives on this thread actually have anything INTELLIGENT TO SAY?!?!?

It's like arguing with school kids!

Thank you for demonstrating that no matter how many big words you use, using the argument "you're stupid/absurd/an idiot/etc simply because you believe differently than I" is just as lame as it was in kindergarten.

If you consider any of the words that I've used on this thread to be big words...I understand why you would think Sarah Palin to be acceptable as Vice-President.

Thank you for making my point!

Last edited:

O.K. if you want to play word games:

the conservative movement strives to defend the status quo against progressive changes.... while striving to reverse any progressive changes that have been instatianted.

Do any of the Conservatives on this thread actually have anything INTELLIGENT TO SAY?!?!?

It's like arguing with school kids!

So let me see if i understand this correctly:

You blatantly contradict yourself. I call you on it. Im stupid.

Got you. And you wonder why you arent getting any intelligent responses...

So called "Progressive" changes have created most of the problems we face in this nation. It be very good if we repealed most if not all of them. Especially considering the Constitution doesnt authorize most of them to begin with.

You blatantly contradict yourself...

I don't think that anyone would agree that I was contradicting myself.

... And you wonder why you arent getting any intelligent responses...

Well, at least you admit that your responese haven't been intelligent.

So called "Progressive" changes have created most of the problems we face in this nation. It be very good if we repealed most if not all of them. Especially considering the Constitution doesnt authorize most of them to begin with.

Which is an exemplifes (that means 'shows') the exact attitude by Conservatives that I originally stated.

Are you really this easy or are you some liberal/progressive just trying to make a fool out of some stereotypical Conservative point of view?

You can't be for real!

Ya gotta be yanking my chain!

Where is conservatism today? Lost in the bush without a leader or a map to get home.

Forum List

Back