Where is Chris?...May Jobs "Growth" plummets

What are you not getting here?
Not everyone belongs in a 4 year degree program.
Not everyone has the smarts...but the government makes no account for that and basically just hands out money to whoever applies.
30 years ago there were many, many trade schools and heating/air/plumbing/carpentry etc. etc. etc. programs...a lot of them are gone. Enrolment in high school vocational schools are in a steep decline because kids are being taught that without a degree you are screwed - so everyone - no mattgo read you rmind.ter their chances of actually succeeding - are lining up for government grants and loans to go to college - where 60-80% ARE FAILING.
Get it??? It is a colossal waste of money to not consider merit.

2-3 year party tickets for whoever wants to party for as long as they can get away with it (attend college)

Learn to express yourself accurately and precisely. It's not my job to read your mind.

Maybe you might try one of those 2-3 year "party" programs. I hear that you spend a lot of time learning to wright coherent paragraphs.

sir snark is back.....meltdown imminent?

apparently...you gotta love the tools who blame you for their inability to understand simple concepts...:lol:

Learn to express yourself accurately and precisely. It's not my job to read your mind.

Maybe you might try one of those 2-3 year "party" programs. I hear that you spend a lot of time learning to wright coherent paragraphs.

sir snark is back.....meltdown imminent?

apparently...you gotta love the tools who blame you for their inability to understand simple concepts...:lol:

Now your just sounding like a whiny teenager complaining to mom, "you don't understand me!"

What simple concept do you thin you've presented except a bunch of unqualified options with no basis in reality?

So far, your "2-3 year "party" programs" has been totally trounced. You have never actually been to college, so that is all just unqualified opinion

You obviously have no clue about Pell grants, and the tree types of college loans, or how students fund their education so those opinions are out the window.

Really, where is this simple concept that you have explained that is based on anything more than your imagination?

Current grant system wastes money on drop-outs - Commentary - The Daily Campus - University of Connecticut

That is 37% total drop out rate, 35% in the first year. And the issue is specifically Pell grants as loans are what? Oh, loans.

Pell grants pay for books and tuition. No one pays for living expenses except the sudent.

And, a portion of those have to be paid back.

Some caution should be take with the article as it says, "A recent study suggests that because of the university focus on research over teaching," which would mean it isn't discussing State universities or community colleges because those don't do research. So, it isn't speaking of the majority of the students, colleges or universities.

So, that is a far cry from 2-3 years of partying.

New Topics

Forum List

Back