Where is Bush?

clumzgirl

Mar 27, 2004
ohio
I'm listening to Michael Savage and he brought up a good point. Where is Bush? Why hasn't be addressed the nation or released a formal statement about the lynchings in Fallujah? Could he really be so concerned about the election (still 8 months away) that he is too weak-willed to make a firm statement? I'm disgusted. Where is our leadership?

I don't think you can expect him to address the nation with every last thing that happens in Iraq. Rest assured, action is going to be taken to bring these scumbags to justice (kill them hopefully).

I agree with Jim. Just because Bush didnt address the nation does not mean that he is not showing leadership. There are already plans for a retaliatory attack against the Iraqis who executed this attack and what they did afterwards.

Rest assured, I believe justice will be served. Even if it is in the fashion of bullets and bombs.

I don't think you can expect him to address the nation with every last thing that happens in Iraq.

I don't expect him to address every last thing, but I'm *pretty sure* this qualifies as a rather big deal. Dammit, I want action! Now!

Seriously, people are floundering, and this brings up memories of the "Black Hawk Down" incident. What did Clinton do? Nothing. What is W. doing? Nothing...at least, not yet.

And have you noticed the media is now reporting that the convoy in Fallujah wasn't "supposed to be there." So, now it's their fault for taking a wrong turn or something? Please. The liberal media makes me want to puke.

Originally posted by clumzgirl
I don't expect him to address every last thing, but I'm *pretty sure* this qualifies as a rather big deal. Dammit, I want action! Now!
What is W. doing? Nothing...at least, not yet.

FWIW - Reports earlier today stated that they were building up a military campaign just outside the city limits. Paul Bremer has already stated action will be taken and that it would be 'overwhelming'. I guess it's best to do this in a calculated fashion even though some would rather they just annihilate the entire city.

Just because no one is dead or captured yet doesn't mean nothing has been done.

I'm listening to Michael Savage and he brought up a good point. Where is Bush ?
Keep in mind it is in Savage's best intrest to be provocative almost beyond the point of annoying. That is what he has built his program on. He enjoys stirring shit.

Keep in mind it is in Savage's best intrest to be provocative almost beyond the point of annoying. That is what he has built his program on. He enjoys stirring shit.

Although I've only been listening to him for a few weeks, this is the most dejected I've ever heard him. And I enjoy his shit-stirring. He says the stuff I can't. Granted, he's a bit radical, but there's a grain of truth at the bottom of everything he says.

He's echoing my sentiments on the Fallujah issue. A simple condemnation of the events by W seems appropriate. A condemnation and an "it will be dealt with shortly" would be reassuring. Don't get me wrong, I'm a W supporter, hell I'm a volunteer for the reelction campaign, but I'm disappointed. I'd like to know for sure that we can count on him to defend us. I hope beyond hope that you are right, and that he is gathering the troops (figuratively and literally) for a coming retaliation.

Seriously, people are floundering, and this brings up memories of the "Black Hawk Down" incident. What did Clinton do? Nothing. What is W. doing? Nothing...at least, not yet.

And have you noticed the media is now reporting that the convoy in Fallujah wasn't "supposed to be there." So, now it's their fault for taking a wrong turn or something? Please. The liberal media makes me want to puke.

I have a hard time believing 4 ex navy seals did not know EXACTLY where they were? I too wish for answers and a violent swift response.

Originally posted by MadMax
I have a hard time believing 4 ex navy seals did not know EXACTLY where they were? I too wish for answers and a violent swift response.

I also agree with you on the left wing media bs, I can't watch it or I YAK!

3 SEALS and 1 army ranger.

I also agree with you on the left wing media bs, I can't watch it or I YAK!
that's a good one. are those the shows that show the bodies coming home? or how they got blasted? ...sorry, i don't watch much tv ;)

MAKE IT GO AWAY! :laugh: people are killed in just as horrific manners all the time in iraq, this just hits so hard because we rarely see it!

Originally posted by spillmind
3 SEALS and 1 army ranger.

that's a good one. are those the shows that show the bodies coming home? or how they got blasted? ...sorry, i don't watch much tv ;)

MAKE IT GO AWAY! :laugh: people are killed in just as horrific manners all the time in iraq, this just hits so hard because we rarely see it!

No I've seen it first hand bro.:mad: It's people that pretend they know what it's like and comment about it. Those ex-seals were there to help the people of Falujah and for whatever reason were ambushed. If you find that funny then fuck you bitch!. I have seen more and lived with the people in the ME than you could ever understand. Some things aren't said because of security reasons and on-going operations. ( which you may NEVER know about ) But go ahead and believe you are up on current events and pump your little ego at the expense of " TRUE" heroes that fight this fight for your freedom.

If you find that funny then fuck you bitch!.

I'm not sure if you're referring to me or spillmind, but either way, it's pretty uneccessary. No one is disrespecting the armed forces. If anything, I'm defending the armed forces against media disrespect.

By the way, you know those bumper stickers that say, "If you value your freedom, thank a vet"? Well, THANK YOU!

Originally posted by MadMax
No I've seen it first hand bro.:mad: It's people that pretend they know what it's like and comment about it. ..

That cuts both ways. It was General Anthony Zinny, a year before the war started noted that the military brass including the Chiefs, Powell (at the time), Scocroft and others (I don't remember all the military he cited) were urging caution in Iraq, but it was [Zinny's words] "those that have never fired a shot in anger in their lives that were hell bent to go to war." A reference that applies to Bush, Cheney, Rice, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz.

While the military (current and vets) will always support the military in the field during war, it seems that those in this room, (like our political leaders)who are the biggest advocates of a military response know nothing of the reality of war or of the sacrifices made by those in uniform who are called upon to fight. "Bring em on" remains not only one of the most stupid things every said by a President with troops in the field, but a sad reminder that he, like his senior advisors, know little of the costs of war to the Americans who fight them from their country.

If you find that funny then f*** you bitch!.
NO, I DON'T FIND THAT FUNNY- WHAT ON EARTH MADE YOU THINK THAT. your anger-blinded ignorance is seriously deterring your ability to think straight!

Some things aren't said because of security reasons and on-going operations. ( which you may NEVER know about )
gee, if it would sway my opinion, don't you think it's relevant to disclose? what kind of freaking mystery lives and intentions are you exactly talking about? you trying to say i can't IMAGINE the mentality of the people there? spare me, better yet, spare us all. go beat up a wall or something. your rage is yet to produce ANYTHING productive! sheesh!

if you think censoring every bad image and not showing bodies coming home is in our best national security interest, i say BS!!! the rest of the world watched exactly what happened all over their news networks! don't you find it IRONIC that's it's censored across the board in the very country that led the invasion/occupation????!!! THAT'S WHAT I FOUND FUNNY! next time i'll be more clear for ranting gun toters like yourself.
:p:

I kinda agrees with clumzgirl,I thought we might hear something from W,but I'm not angry with him. I'm sure he is just as angry about it as we are. I think it would have been good for the country for him just to mention it though. He is very good at getting us pumped!

I definitely agree about Liberal bias in the media for sure though. I started noticing it as a teen. I remember during the First Irag war,asking my mom why it seems like they are always pcking on George Sr.

My brother once told me a story that he read in one of his Magazines he gets. Not sure the name I will have to ask. He is very educated on WW2 because my grandpa was in it. I think it is a military mag. Anyway,he said there was a story about Dan Blather over in Vietnam,and he knew of an attack that the enemy was preparing for our soldiers. He refused to say anything citing his "not being able to take sides" beause he is a journalist. Many of our men were killed in this attack. A veteran they were interviewing said he would beat the crap out od him if he ever met him face to face. He is a poor example of a "journalist" as are most of the media.:banana:

You know, I used to be a news writer for local news stations (who, I must say, get their news from their affiliates and have little control of the content, except for local stuff) but there is this pervading hardass, look-out-for-number-one mentality, which is why I got out after a short time.
But I do know that if true, Dan Blather's actions, or inaction, are not a requirement of the job! That's just stupid and irresponsible!
As for W, I hope he's at least called the families of the victims. They deserve that much at least. And perhaps its my own apprehensions and ambivalence that make me want some encouraging words from him. I realize I haven't seen the war "up front" but I still care deeply about what happens.

I would also hope that he called the families. Have you ever read the book "Bias" by Bernald Goldberg? It's a great book. My mom is reading "Arrogance" right now and is supposed to lend it to me when she is done. She says it's better than the first one.

I'm assuming you were agreeing on the action or non action of Dan Rather? To me,he is one of the worst if not the king of BS! Thank God for Fox,the only station that gives everyone a voice IMO.

I'll ask my brother what mag that was he got the info from-it was a great article.

don't you find it IRONIC that's it's censored across the board in the very country that led the invasion/occupation????!!!

That's odd, I found the pictures on Yahoo and about 25 other US websites, not to mention their were many pictures on the cover of papers throughout the US - including 2 here in NY.

I guess moveon.org made you believe another conspiracy huh?

NO, I DON'T FIND THAT FUNNY- WHAT ON EARTH MADE YOU THINK THAT. your anger-blinded ignorance is seriously deterring your ability to think straight!

Again, if you lay off the smilies after every other sentence, maybe some won't mistakenly get the idea that you're laughing.

Forum List

Back