Apr 15, 2004
CT
Remember this cat?

From the Chicago Tribune

Chess Champion Arrested
Fischer On Run For 12 Years

July 17, 2004
Chicago Tribune

In exile and on the run from U.S. arrest for the past 12 years, chess grandmaster Bobby Fischer was taken into custody before boarding a flight to the Philippines from Narita airport outside Tokyo this week.

Though Japanese immigration officials made the arrest, it came at the urging of U.S. Immigration and Customs enforcement. Fischer, 61, is now fighting extradition to the United States to face a charge that carries a maximum penalty of 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine.more-source...

That "cat" is a son of bitch!

Here is a story about him in 2002 after the 9/11 terrorist attacks:
Bobby Fischer speaks out to applaud Trade Centre attacks
By David Bamber and Chris Hastings
(Filed: 02/12/2001)

BOBBY FISCHER, the reclusive American chess grandmaster, has broken years of silence to support the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Centre and the Pentagon.

The Telegraph has discovered that Mr Fischer gave an interview to an obscure radio station in the Philippines hours after the events on September 11.

Mr Fischer is already wanted for questioning by the FBI for breaking UN sanctions by taking part in a chess match in Serbia against Boris Spassky in 1992 - his first for 20 years.

In his interview on September 11 with Radio Bombo in Baguio City, Mr Fischer said: "This is all wonderful news. It is time to finish off the US once and for all.

"I was happy and could not believe what was happening. All the crimes the US has committed in the world. This just shows, what goes around comes around, even to the US.

"I applaud the act. The US and Israel have been slaughtering the Palestinians for years. Now it is coming back at the US."

Link

What a stupid son of a bitch. Praising the terrorists... :trolls:
I thought chessmasters were supposed to have above average intelligence. :cuckoo:

Hitler, too, I suppose.
Let us not equate intelligence with greatness.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge, for knowledge is limited while imagination embraces the entire world."
- Albert Einstein

"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance."
- Confucious

nycflasher said:
I thought chessmasters were supposed to have above average intelligence. :cuckoo:
I've come across many people that were so very intelligent, but had NO common sense!!

nycflasher said:
Hitler, too, I suppose.
Let us not equate intelligence with greatness.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge, for knowledge is limited while imagination embraces the entire world."
- Albert Einstein

"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance."
- Confucious

Your New Agey attempts to deride logic and reason are not helpful to society.

Reason and imagination are equal partners, unless you want people ignorant of the effects of U.N. mandated "sharing".

rtwngAvngr said:
Your New Agey attempts to deride logic and reason are not helpful to society.

RWA, I think this thread is a bit above your head. Why don't you go mow the lawn or do something else productive.:puke:

While I certainly do not "applaud" the terrorists who attacked our country, the chess master's diagnosis is correct: Our unholy alliance with Israel was what pushed the terrrorists over the edge. Rather than fight an ever-escalating world war for the next 30 years, we should re-evaluate our national priorities and start putting this country first. Israel is a danger both to the world and the United States.

What a scumbag. I had no idea that he spouted off with that crap. 10 years in an American prison cell with Bubba may give him time to rethink his flawed logic.

As far as intelligence goes, I've heard that Einstein had trouble tying his shoes or dressing properly.

None of that stuff about Einstein is true. He actually got pretty good grades and he didn't do too badly with the ladies. They say that stuff to dumb little kids to make them feel good.

William Joyce said:
None of that stuff about Einstein is true. He actually got pretty good grades and he didn't do too badly with the ladies. They say that stuff to dumb little kids to make them feel good.

Not sure where you get your information from, but I'll assume it's you asshole as in most of your previous posts.

Einstein did in fact have SOME trouble with school, until he enrolled in a small cantonal school in the swiss town of Aarau from which he received his high-school diploma. It was his studies there that led to his entrance to Eitgenossissche Technische Hochschule in Zurich, where he had previously failed the entrance exam(the art portion, of course).

He was considered by some to be slow a child, a fact which biographers and the like have attributed to everything from shyness to dyslexia to autism.

Forum List

Back