Where in the world is John Boehner?

Crybaby you mean?

93874_600.jpg

1 Republican for ~15 Democrats.

I wish that every Republican that receives governmnet monies for anything, be it Social Security or tax breaks, sould be required by the guvmint to give them up. Tea party members and other Repubs in Congress should give up pay and benes. Corporations run by Repubs should give up all tax breaks etc.

Can you repubs get behind this idea? Is it not good to put your govmints money where your mouth is?
Reduce govmint spending. Take every bene available away from Repubs.

YOu want to talk about reducing the ranks of the Repubs. That would do it.
The government collected my money from my paycheck for Social Security to be used for my retirement at the age of 65. You can't have my money that was put aside for me. I get it back and I have a legal right to get my money back as promised.

You are preaching criminality of a government. If you get your way, it will come back to you in spades. IOW, what you put aside for your retirement could be taken away from you, too.

What goes around comes around.

Oh, and welcome to USMB, and have yourself a real nice day. :lmao:

Last edited:
Rather than ask where John Boehner is (since the House IS passing legislation and sending it on to the Senate) my question is, where is Harry Reid? He controls the Senate and he's sitting on over 30 House bills that he won't let come to the Senate floor for a vote. He's also stated that he has no intention of passing a budget this year...just like last year and the year before. Harry may as well be on vacation 24/7 because he's sure as heck not doing the people's work.

Yet you people come here and ask why Boehner isn't staying in Washington? Now THAT is some humorous stuff!
You know the drill. Cover up hind end when screwing the pooch so no one will notice what they did to project their error on innocent people.

They like their leader who consider American conservatives his worst enemy, think the American people are too stupid to catch on. I think the November 2012 will show them a mass exit door in the Senate and House.

I'll be glad to see the present Administration with its secret closed-and-locked door meetings out of power after November and the peaceful transfer of power to someone who cares a little bit more for American than the present blame-Bush-for-what-we-did-and-did-not-do crowd.

Ah...Konradv? I hate to break this to you but the guy who is just saying "NO" is Harry Reid. The House is passing legislation. That's Boehner doing his job. The Senate isn't doing diddly. That's Harry refusing to admit that the progressives got their asses handed to them in the midterm elections by an electorate that was unhappy with their agenda. Nothing is getting "settled" at the moment because Reid won't even let those 30 House bills onto the Senate floor for discussion. Reid has this government on lockdown until the next election.

How can you deal with people that think 'compromise' is a dirty word. The call for a budget is just another way to start a parliamentary war. I'm sure Reid feels, and rightfully so, that this can be pinned on Boehner and the Rep candidate. We've had consensus in the past. What's changed is the GOP, not the Dems.

How do you reach "consensus" when one group won't even bring the other's bills up for discussion, Konradv? Harry Reid is sitting on those 30 plus bills because he doesn't want Democrats on record voting for or against them in an election year. Now rationalize that for me...if voting on legislation is going to get you in trouble with the folks back home...don't you think there's a problem with your stance on the issue?

What's changed is that the American people spoke loudly and clearly during the 2010 midterm elections. Barry, Harry and Nancy got their hands slapped HARD. But none of them is willing to budge from their positions on policy. They've simply locked the government down and believe that they can sell that as GOP obstructionism. I don't think independents and moderates are going to buy that message...especially as more and more legislation piles up on Harry's desk.
Well said, Oldstyle.

His short Valentine's Day luncheon with his wife of 37 years?

konradv, you have a lot of time on your hands, don't you. :lmao:

Look who's talking. You're responding, aren't you?!?! NO, I don't mean lunch with the wife, I mean he's on vacation in the office, in the House and, when he needs a break, on the golf course and into the tanning booth. What a life! Do we really pay this freeloader to stand up everyday in Conress, say "NO", then go back on vacation?

Is he finally back from vacation? :eusa_pray:

Look who's talking. You're responding, aren't you?!?! NO, I don't mean lunch with the wife, I mean he's on vacation in the office, in the House and, when he needs a break, on the golf course and into the tanning booth. What a life! Do we really pay this freeloader to stand up everyday in Conress, say "NO", then go back on vacation?
We hired Speaker Boehner to insure Obama does not spend more trillions than our grandchildren could ever pay back, and he is doing just that.

Your spin is wheeling out of control, and I'm calling you on it, which was a veritable pleasure, thank you. :lmao:

We hired Speaker Boehner to insure Obama does not spend more trillions than our grandchildren could ever pay back, and he is doing just that.

Your spin is wheeling out of control, and I'm calling you on it, which was a veritable pleasure, thank you. :lmao:

Sorry, out of time. :bye1:

New Topics

Forum List

Back