Where in the world is John Boehner?

johnboehner-gavel.jpg

He's undecided at the moment.

Rather than ask where John Boehner is (since the House IS passing legislation and sending it on to the Senate) my question is, where is Harry Reid? He controls the Senate and he's sitting on over 30 House bills that he won't let come to the Senate floor for a vote. He's also stated that he has no intention of passing a budget this year...just like last year and the year before. Harry may as well be on vacation 24/7 because he's sure as heck not doing the people's work.

Yet you people come here and ask why Boehner isn't staying in Washington? Now THAT is some humorous stuff!

Yet you people come here and ask why Boehner isn't staying in Washington? Now THAT is some humorous stuff!

Are we paying him just to say "NO"? If he were a real statesman, instead of a figurehead that can't do anything without consulting the TPs, we wouldn't be in the pickle we're today, where nothing gets settled.

Are we paying him just to say "NO"? If he were a real statesman, instead of a figurehead that can't do anything without consulting the TPs, we wouldn't be in the pickle we're today, where nothing gets settled.

Bad enough that he can't act without an okay from the teebaggers, its a lot worse that he calls Lushbo for marching orders.

I think he should be impeached and run outta town for that.

Oh and Boehner doesn't stay in DC because there are better golf courses elsewhere and that (and his booze) is pretty much all he really cares about.

Our tax dollars at work.

Last edited:

Ah...Konradv? I hate to break this to you but the guy who is just saying "NO" is Harry Reid. The House is passing legislation. That's Boehner doing his job. The Senate isn't doing diddly. That's Harry refusing to admit that the progressives got their asses handed to them in the midterm elections by an electorate that was unhappy with their agenda. Nothing is getting "settled" at the moment because Reid won't even let those 30 House bills onto the Senate floor for discussion. Reid has this government on lockdown until the next election.

Ah...Konradv? I hate to break this to you but the guy who is just saying "NO" is Harry Reid. The House is passing legislation. That's Boehner doing his job. The Senate isn't doing diddly. That's Harry refusing to admit that the progressives got their asses handed to them in the midterm elections by an electorate that was unhappy with their agenda. Nothing is getting "settled" at the moment because Reid won't even let those 30 House bills onto the Senate floor for discussion. Reid has this government on lockdown until the next election.

How can you deal with people that think 'compromise' is a dirty word. The call for a budget is just another way to start a parliamentary war. I'm sure Reid feels, and rightfully so, that this can be pinned on Boehner and the Rep candidate. We've had consensus in the past. What's changed is the GOP, not the Dems.

How can you deal with people that think 'compromise' is a dirty word. The call for a budget is just another way to start a parliamentary war. I'm sure Reid feels, and rightfully so, that this can be pinned on Boehner and the Rep candidate. We've had consensus in the past. What's changed is the GOP, not the Dems.

You mean a few woke up to the fact you can not continue to pile on debt.

The presidents budget gets all the tax increases he wants and run a 1.3 trillion deficit.

GET A DAMN CLUE.

I wish that every Republican that receives governmnet monies for anything, be it Social Security or tax breaks, sould be required by the guvmint to give them up. Tea party members and other Repubs in Congress should give up pay and benes. Corporations run by Repubs should give up all tax breaks etc.

Can you repubs get behind this idea? Is it not good to put your govmints money where your mouth is?
Reduce govmint spending. Take every bene available away from Repubs.

YOu want to talk about reducing the ranks of the Repubs. That would do it.

So repubs in the house send Harry a package that says; Harry, we will cut the deficit 100 gazillion dollars. All you have to do is publicly cut your throat on the floor of the Senate.

And you Rethugs can't figure out why your propoasals goe nowhere.

Good God you all are dense. Harry does not want to cut his throat. Try something new. Maybe a compromise.

So repubs in the house send Harry a package that says; Harry, we will cut the deficit 100 gazillion dollars. All you have to do is publicly cut your throat on the floor of the Senate.

Good God you all are dense. Harry does not want to cut his throat. Try something new. Maybe a compromise.

BS You dont even lie well.

You mean a few woke up to the fact you can not continue to pile on debt.

The presidents budget gets all the tax increases he wants and run a 1.3 trillion deficit.

GET A DAMN CLUE.

What's the Republican compromise? :eusa_whistle:

How do you reach "concensus" when one group won't even bring the other's bills up for discussion, Konradv? Harry Reid is sitting on those 30 plus bills because he doesn't want Democrats on record voting for or against them in an election year. Now rationalize that for me...if voting on legislation is going to get you in trouble with the folks back home...don't you think there's a problem with your stance on the issue?

What's changed is that the American people spoke loudly and clearly during the 2010 midterm elections. Barry, Harry and Nancy got their hands slapped HARD. But none of them is willing to budge from their positions on policy. They've simply locked the government down and believe that they can sell that as GOP obstructionism. I don't think independents and moderates are going to buy that message...especially as more and more legislation piles up on Harry's desk.

Bringing bills to the floor for discussion will cause Harry to "cut his throat"? How exactly do you "compromise" when one side won't even allow a discussion to take place?

I wish that every Republican that receives governmnet monies for anything, be it Social Security or tax breaks, sould be required by the guvmint to give them up. Tea party members and other Repubs in Congress should give up pay and benes. Corporations run by Repubs should give up all tax breaks etc.

Can you repubs get behind this idea? Is it not good to put your govmints money where your mouth is?
Reduce govmint spending. Take every bene available away from Repubs.

YOu want to talk about reducing the ranks of the Repubs. That would do it.

I take it you still want those Republicans who aren't going to recieve anything to keep on paying their taxes, Zeke? Gosh but it's great to hear from yet another progressive fiscal "genius". I look forward to many more of your inciteful posts.

Forum List

Back