~Where I Come From~

I was always told us kids came from good stock. Britain/Germany/Austria/Slovenia. Resouceful, creative, talented, hard-working.
Illinois is ok. The politics sux but the seasons are each distinct and extreme. As soon as you get sick of one, here comes another. :D

I was always told us kids came from good stock. Britain/Germany/Austria/Slovenia. Resouceful, creative, talented, hard-working.
Illinois is ok. The politics sux but the seasons are each distinct and extreme. As soon as you get sick of one, here comes another. :D

Having Slovenian stock in you, prevents your Brit 'stiff upper lip' from becoming a fat one.

"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life." - Cecil Rhodes: Businessman, mining magnate, politician and one of the last true men of Empire.

I think the above summarises my position rather well, don't you? Anyway, Swagger Acres nestles amongst the leafy shires of south-east England, and we brew our own 'round these parts.

Chin chin, America.

I've lived in a few different places, but i was born and raised in a small town in Michigan, in fact i'm living now in the house my dad built and i was raised in! I love Michigan, but hate the winters! My dream is to move to Tennessee if i ever get to retire. :) My husband and i both had grandfathers that were greek. I also have some Irish and German.

I've lived in a few different places, but i was born and raised in a small town in Michigan, in fact i'm living now in the house my dad built and i was raised in! I love Michigan, but hate the winters! My dream is to move to Tennessee if i ever get to retire. :) My husband and i both had grandfathers that were greek. I also have some Irish and German.

Oh Carol, so cool! What part of Tennessee are you most interested in??

Around the Clarksville area. My son and family lived there for quite awhile when they were stationed at Ft Campbell with the 101st. They loved it too and want to eventually get back there.

Around the Clarksville area. My son and family lived there for quite awhile when they were stationed at Ft Campbell with the 101st. They loved it too and want to eventually get back there.

Very nice, I have been to Clarksville, it is nice. But in my opinion, most all of Tennessee is awesome! I live about 3 hours from Clarksville :)

It's hard to beat being within driving distance of both the beach and North America's second highest mountain range. Whatever natural setting you want, it's not far from me.

It's hard to beat being within driving distance of both the beach and North America's second highest mountain range. Whatever natural setting you want, it's not far from me.

Very cool indeed Wonky!
I live near the Great Smoky Mountains, and I absolutely love going there. I try to get there twice a year, once in the summer and definitely at Christmas, the lights in Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge are splendid!

Where do I come from?.... I was born and raised in Middletown, CT. I went to college in Providence, RI; then returned home to CT for a couple years before moving to Central Massachusetts (Worcester County) where I've lived for the last bker's dozen of years. I'm an American and a Swamp Yankee. I can trace my heritage in this country almost all the way back to the Mayflower. Members of my family have fought in just about every sizeable military conflict this country has ever been involved in; including both sides of the American Civil War. Operation Desert Storm being the notable exception. We look upon ourselves as Americans and nothing else.

Now, in terms of where did my family come to this country FROM..... My mother's family has Irish, German, and Norwegian backgrounds. She's originally from Minnesota. My father's family has German, Irish, Scottish, and probably a little Polish in it.

I love it where I am. Not sandy beaches, mostly. ROCKY beaches. During low tide, lots of hermit crabs and sea urchins and whatnot. Seals everywhere. Peaceful. But it sure is expensive to live here. Got as far west I could but my initial destination from the valley was to get to Maui. Never made it. So I'm good where I am. I just have to have roomies forever as punishment. :lol:

~Where I Come From~

My mom. Never been back, neither my mom or I would like it, besides, I'm WAY to big now to ever return.................

"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life." - Cecil Rhodes: Businessman, mining magnate, politician and one of the last true men of Empire.

I think the above summarises my position rather well, don't you? Anyway, Swagger Acres nestles amongst the leafy shires of south-east England, and we brew our own 'round these parts.

Chin chin, America.

well that would make you a redneck here Swagger, and please understand this as high praise as many in my corner of the universe truly believe the almighty Himself one....

Born in Seattle

My first home was in Lake Forest Park.

lake forest park pics - Google Search

At 8 years old moved to Orcas Island.

The actual place I lived on Orcas Island:

Orcas Island Vacation Rental, B&B Lodgings and Weddings

Moved to Seattle at 14

Graduated from Inglemoor High. Lived with grandparents on Arrowhead Point.

Arrow head point was the nicest neighborhood on Northern Lake Washington ...My grandfather built a mansion on the very point.

Arrowhead Point - Washington - Map and Area Photos

Interests as a youth,

Hunting, Fishing, Shooting fire arms, Throwing knives and hatchets, Tanning hides, Archery, making leather stuff, Horseback riding, Building Useful farm and ranch enclosures, Camping/survival excursions in wilderness, Rock climbing, Snow skiing, Water skiing, Boating, Swimming. Superficial awards in school... Cutest boy in Jr High, Best dressed in High school. Under achiever thru-out school. No interest. Goal in school.."never become anyone's secretary", Track and field, Wresting, Golf, Marshal arts.

I lived in some of the most special parts of one of the most beautiful parts of the country. I was very lucky.

Born in Seattle

My first home was in Lake Forest Park.

lake forest park pics - Google Search

At 8 years old moved to Orcas Island.

The actual place I lived on Orcas Island:

Orcas Island Vacation Rental, B&B Lodgings and Weddings

Moved to Seattle at 14

Graduated from Inglemoor High. Lived with grandparents on Arrowhead Point.

Arrow head point was the nicest neighborhood on Northern Lake Washington ...My grandfather built a mansion on the very point.

Arrowhead Point - Washington - Map and Area Photos

Interests as a youth,

Hunting, Fishing, Shooting fire arms, Throwing knives and hatchets, Tanning hides, Archery, making leather stuff, Horseback riding, Building Useful farm and ranch enclosures, Camping/survival excursions in wilderness, Rock climbing, Snow skiing, Water skiing, Boating, Swimming. Superficial awards in school... Cutest boy in Jr High, Best dressed in High school. Under achiever thru-out school. No interest. Goal in school.."never become anyone's secretary", Track and field, Wresting, Golf, Marshal arts.

I lived in some of the most special parts of one of the most beautiful parts of the country. I was very lucky.

It appears as tho you have been very lucky, good for you Huggy!! *smiles*

Born and raised in Souther WV. I have left several time for NC, VA, MD, PA, GA, SC and stayed a year or two in each place. As soon as i get there I start making plans to escape and come home. Was rasied in a small holler with limited population. Everyone there; including me; comes from Scottish stock.

The family home place is 1200 acres and I grew up with all my mom and dads brothers and sisters and their husbands and wives and their kids on that property. I have 60 first cousins on both sides. A lot of my teachers in school were kin. I grew up in the kind of place that if you wanted to date you had to walk the hour to town to meet girls. We rasied our own food and took care ourselves.

I left the holler for college and married a girl from the next county over. I have always been real proud of my family and where I grew up. I am real proud of the people of Southern WV. Now I am 40 years old and am back where I started out and could not be happier about it. Its was and still is a great place to live. The people are honest and hardworking. We dont worry about the kids out after dark. We dont call the police to settle our disputes.

Born and raised in San Francisco.

Just a California girl with a fog burn. :lol:

Forum List

Back