Where & How Does Romney Make up the Ground?

The ability of the modern media to highlight flip flops has gotten better and better, and no one has ever flip flopped more than Romney.

Wonder if any of those will air on Fox?
If not - the base is safe. But I agree. I do believe it could be a serious roadblock to winning the middle.

Yeah, we can air all of Obama's promises that he made about 'Hope and Change!' and see how many of them are true today? I think that will make him more the fool than Romney.

I guess that's gonna be the test. Can Romney convince people that he is more trustworthy? Don't know how it will play out, but it will be interesting

Well, there's this guy:

robert-jeffress-of-first-baptist-church-of-dallas.jpg

Oh wait, he's a Republican. He's also now backing Romney despite calling Mormonism a cult. Like a lot of the extreme right, he's a hypocrite.

If someone asked me if I like liver...I would say I hate it.

If that same person found me starving to death and all that was available to eat was liver....would he call me a hypocrite for eating it?

Come on...you are WAY to good for that partisan crap. Well...at least you were when you started posting on this site.

I'm just pointing out a Romney supporter who did actually attack Romney's religion.

I saw an interview with Rick Warren who also has issues with mormonism. According to Warren his issue is primarily with the concept of the trinity. Warren has also endorsed Romney. He's voting for president, not chaning his religion nor voting for pastor of his church.

Romney's religion has little to do with why Democrats won't support him; social conservatives are the problem he faces. The question is, are the bigots more forgiving about a man's religion or a man's skin color? It must be tough being a bigot today.

I say it's a bogus number, who knows where any of these statistics come from. You have to trust the source, and I rarely ever do. They all have an agenda.

Which numbers do you mean? Most are pretty easy to trace and grade (by whatever criteria are important to you)

That women overwhelmingly support Obama.

well since Roe v Wade women have historically leaned democrat by about 12 points. That's easy to see in demographic breakdowns of former votes. Rassmussen recently did a poll that I think says Obama is up by 12 points among women. ABC/Washington Post says 19 points and Gallup said Obama leads Romney among women in battleground states by 14points.

The ABC/Washington Post poll is pretty tough for me to accept on face

Romney's religion has little to do with why Democrats won't support him; social conservatives are the problem he faces. The question is, are the bigots more forgiving about a man's religion or a man's skin color? It must be tough being a bigot today.

I have to laugh - I guess anything that make bigotry less comfortable is a good thing!

Obama currently has at least a 10 point lead in enough states to deliver 240 electoral votes and at least a 6 point lead in enough states to deliever 309 electoral votes.

There is a long, long way to go and a lot can and undoubtedly will happen between now and vote-casting time. So what is it that needs to happen for Romney to pick off some of the closer states like Pennsylvania (20), Ohio (18), Florida (29), Virginia (13) and come up with 270?

Romney must flip and flop and convince some that he is for and others that he is against. Being Romney that should be rather easy. The fact that the great middle of American voters aren't guided by partisanship and eschew facts as do the fringe, means Obama wins in November. The real battle will be for the Congress.

But the far right REALLY hates him. Doesn't that mean their votes should count twice.

Who says Mitts down by 10 points??

If it some poll then forget it. Polls have to many variable to be precise in any way. They go up and then they go down. Aint worth shit in my book. Barry will lead one week and Romney the next.

I think Romney can beat Barry but its not gonna be by a landslide. Of course I could be wrong and hope I am.

He's only up by 10 points or more in enough states to give him 240 (not enough to win) but he's up by 6 points or more (I used that cutoff because that's well outside the polling margin for error) in enough states to give hime 309 (which is more than enough to win).

And I use RCP polling averages (as linked above) to balance out poll biases.

But yeah, I agree 100% in that Romney certainly CAN win and that the polls are likely to move around. What I'm looking for are some opinoins on WHAT needs to happen for Romney so those numbers start skewing more in his favor. It seems that by simply reporting the poll averages as they stand offends some people??????

Simple. Compare and contrast Obama's 2008 campaign rhetoric against his failed record in office. Any reasonable person would fire Obama based on the factual evidence.

Who says Mitts down by 10 points??

If it some poll then forget it. Polls have to many variable to be precise in any way. They go up and then they go down. Aint worth shit in my book. Barry will lead one week and Romney the next.

I think Romney can beat Barry but its not gonna be by a landslide. Of course I could be wrong and hope I am.

He's only up by 10 points or more in enough states to give him 240 (not enough to win) but he's up by 6 points or more (I used that cutoff because that's well outside the polling margin for error) in enough states to give hime 309 (which is more than enough to win).

But yeah, I agree 100% in that Romney certainly CAN win and that the polls are likely to move around. What I'm looking for are some opinoins on WHAT needs to happen for Romney so those numbers start skewing more in his favor. It seems that by simply reporting the poll averages as they stand offends some people??????

Simple. Compare and contrast Obama's 2008 campaign rhetoric against his failed record in office. Any reasonable person would fire Obama based on the factual evidence.

Ahhh ... but just calling someone unreasonable because their opinion differs from yours, doesn't win elections. You're going to have to do better.

Ahhh ... but just calling someone unreasonable because their opinion differs from yours, doesn't win elections. You're going to have to do better.

It's 'opinion' that Obama hasn't done what he campaigned on? I don't think so.

Has he kept 100% of his campaign promises - Nope. Has ANY candidate/president kept 100% of their campaign promises? Nope. But the opinion of each individual is what will determine whether or not he has kept enough of them or done enough to be re-elected. Reasonable people can disagree on that.

Last edited:

Perhaps you didn't read the whole sentence where I said "factual evidence".

Has he kept 100% of his campaign promises - Nope. Has ANY candidate/president kept 100% of their campaign promises? Nope. But the opinion of each individual is what will determine whether or not he has kept enough of them or done enough to be re-elected. Reasonable people can disagree on that.

What has he kept?

Perhaps you didn't read the whole sentence where I said "factual evidence".

I read it - too many people assume that their opinion is "factual" when in truth it is simply their opinion.

What has he kept?

Don't rely on MY opinion. Do the research and formulate your own opinion.

PolitiFact | The Obameter: Campaign Promises that are Promise Broken

What has he kept?

Wow... Lame... :lol:

Obama currently has at least a 10 point lead in enough states to deliver 240 electoral votes and at least a 6 point lead in enough states to deliever 309 electoral votes.

There is a long, long way to go and a lot can and undoubtedly will happen between now and vote-casting time. So what is it that needs to happen for Romney to pick off some of the closer states like Pennsylvania (20), Ohio (18), Florida (29), Virginia (13) and come up with 270?

As long as most Americans continue to get there information from Liberally Biased News Sources that blame Obama for NOTHING, the answer is he wont, Obama will win again, and the Average Ignorant American Voter will get exactly what they deserve for being Oblivious of the Obvious. That Barack Obama is not qualified to lead this Country, that Liberal Democrat Ideas are the Cause of most of our problems, not the Solution. But they will all just buy the Liberal Spin, and Obama Love fest in Pop Culture and Re-elect what has been the single most Disastrous President in my Life Time.

That is not funny, because it is true. He needs to chop that down to 5 to 6% by election time. He is very fortunate that his wife Ann is so formidable as well as likeable.

Historically (or at least since Roe v Wade) women have favored democrats by about 12% So if Romney needs to chop that to 5 to 6% - do you think Ann is fomidable and likeable enough to swing it that far?

Especially if the current gap is 18%. Even though I find sniper-fire repulsive, I have to acknowledge that the 18% number puzzles me a bit. Since the traditional gap is generally about 12%, why would women dislike Romney more? Is it because they think the mormon faith is degrading to women? Is it because he hasn't been a solid defender of abortion? Not many rebulblicans have been stauch supporters of abortion so I don't know why that cost Romney MORE than it has cost other republicans.

Ann is formidable personally, according to those who I know who know her: warm, witty, incredibly smart, dedicated to her husband and family and religion, and more adroit on her feet that Mitt.

Time will tell.

As long as most Americans continue to get there information from Liberally Biased News Sources that blame Obama for NOTHING, the answer is he wont, Obama will win again, and the Average Ignorant American Voter will get exactly what they deserve for being Oblivious of the Obvious. That Barack Obama is not qualified to lead this Country, that Liberal Democrat Ideas are the Cause of most of our problems, not the Solution. But they will all just buy the Liberal Spin, and Obama Love fest in Pop Culture and Re-elect what has been the single most Disastrous President in my Life Time.

Well .... thanks for your opinion. I think there are a lot of people who share that opinion. Is that a majority? I guess we'll see.

What has he kept?

Wow... Lame... :lol:

Sorry, I thought you were capable of forming your own opinion.
Actually, It wouldn't be fair for me to share my opinion on that with you, because I'm not interested in hearing your opinion about it.
I'll be happy to go in-depth with you on this when I have more time.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back