Where & How Does Romney Make up the Ground?

Romney's at 14% with Hispanic voters. McCain got 31% and still lost.

Romney will flip flop on pretty much every hardline rightwing immigration position he's taken in the past,

and in fact has already started. Last night Maddow played a clip of him denying he ever said the Arizona immigration law should be a model for the country, and then played a prior clip of him saying just that.

Moving toward the center between the primary and the general is nothing new. Everyone tends to do it. Win the base first and then move center to win the middle.

And clips showing Romney advocating one position on one day and then advocating the opposite the next day aren't that rare. Do you think the voters will penalize him for that? Romney isn't the first to modify his positions. Some politicians seem to be able to pull it off without much kickback, and it seems to hurt others more.

Your right wing extreme stances killed any chance of any republican getting elected this year.

That is why the best you could find was the likes of Romeny.

Any smart republicans sat this election out.

You sound like the liberals with that silly comment. One reads all the polls paying particular attention to realclearpolitics.com.

Please don't sound like Dick tuck.

You know - I really encourage people to view the information they receive critically. Yeah - kick the tires, check under the hood ... but to dismiss information just because it doesn't support your personal preferences, well ... I don't think that produces an informed electorate and I don't think it helps you in mapping out a strategy to achieve partisan goals either.

Another swallower of the '18 point down' Leftist goo, I see.

Dem Gender Gap Claims are Bogus! Dick Morris TV: Lunch Alert! at DickMorris.com

Morris says the gap is 12% - I never claimed any number - apparently RCP says 18% (I don't know - that seems to be what Starkey is suggesting but I'm not sure.)

And you seem to feel the need to call me a goo swallower. But if the poll average is 18 and you choose to cast out all other polls/analysis and put all your faith in Rammussen who says 12% - then you appear to be much more of a goo-swallower than someone who considers ALL the information.

I'm not sure why your default setting seems to be insult/attack

You know - I really encourage people to view the information they receive critically. Yeah - kick the tires, check under the hood ... but to dismiss information just because it doesn't support your personal preferences, well ... I don't think that produces an informed electorate and I don't think it helps you in mapping out a strategy to achieve partisan goals either.

Another swallower of the '18 point down' Leftist goo, I see.

Dem Gender Gap Claims are Bogus! Dick Morris TV: Lunch Alert! at DickMorris.com

Morris says the gap is 12% - I never claimed any number - apparently RCP says 18% (I don't know - that seems to be what Starkey is suggesting but I'm not sure.)

So really, you shot your mouth off out of ignorance.

But then again, you have a dog in the fight.

Probably one of the biggest mistakes democrats are making is to continually attack Romney's religion. I hope they keep doing it. For one thing, it makes clear that democrats really do have a war on religion.

Please point out where Democrats have attacked his whacky religion.

Thanks.

Isn't the crap thrown out by the rightwing nuts around here reaching epidemic proportions? It always happens when you get too many of them together; the loons among them take over the board, and the sensible conservatives, to the extent there is such a thing,

enable them with their silence.

Can you please point out where I "shot my mouth off" please reference the quote you are reffering to.

You appear to be one of those folks who - when they realize they've made a mistake - fire out at someone else claiming THEY made the mistake. That's the only way I can figure that you came up with that "you shot your mouth off out of ignorance" line because it seems clear that is exactly what you did in your lust for bitch-fighting.

Last edited:

Romney will flip flop on pretty much every hardline rightwing immigration position he's taken in the past,

and in fact has already started. Last night Maddow played a clip of him denying he ever said the Arizona immigration law should be a model for the country, and then played a prior clip of him saying just that.

Moving toward the center between the primary and the general is nothing new. Everyone tends to do it. Win the base first and then move center to win the middle.

And clips showing Romney advocating one position on one day and then advocating the opposite the next day aren't that rare. Do you think the voters will penalize him for that? Romney isn't the first to modify his positions. Some politicians seem to be able to pull it off without much kickback, and it seems to hurt others more.

The ability of the modern media to highlight flip flops has gotten better and better, and no one has ever flip flopped more than Romney.

Thanks.

Well, there's this guy:

robert-jeffress-of-first-baptist-church-of-dallas.jpg

Oh wait, he's a Republican. He's also now backing Romney despite calling Mormonism a cult. Like a lot of the extreme right, he's a hypocrite.

Pastor Who Called Mormonism a Cult Now Backs Romney

Robert Jeffress, the Dallas megachurch pastor who caused a media firestorm last fall when he said Christians should not support Mitt Romney because Mormonism is a cult, has endorsed Romney.

"I haven't changed my tune. In fact, I never said Christians should not vote for Mitt Romney. When I talked about his theology, I was answering a question about theology. And I still maintain there are vast differences in theology between Mormons and Christians, but we do share many of the same values, like the sanctity of life and religious freedom," Jeffress said Sunday on Fox News' "Fox and Friends."

If someone asked me if I like liver...I would say I hate it.

If that same person found me starving to death and all that was available to eat was liver....would he call me a hypocrite for eating it?

Come on...you are WAY to good for that partisan crap. Well...at least you were when you started posting on this site.

I'm just pointing out a Romney supporter who did actually attack Romney's religion.

Can you please point out where I "shot my mouth off" please reference the quote you are reffering to.

You appear to be one of those folks who - when they realize they've made a mistake - fire out at someone else claiming THEY made the mistake. That's the only way I can figure that you came up with that "you shot your mouth off out of ignorance" line because it seems clear that is exactly what you did in your lust for bitch-fighting.

Don't bother trying to figure him out. He's a troll and a hack. That's all you need to know.

Probably one of the biggest mistakes democrats are making is to continually attack Romney's religion. I hope they keep doing it. For one thing, it makes clear that democrats really do have a war on religion.

Thanks.

Isn't the crap thrown out by the rightwing nuts around here reaching epidemic proportions? It always happens when you get too many of them together; the loons among them take over the board, and the sensible conservatives, to the extent there is such a thing,

enable them with their silence.

I think the examples of this from the right only outnumber the examples from the left on here because people from the far right seem to outnumber the people from the far left on these boards. The percentage seems to hold pretty level in my view. There are hyper-partisan idiots who just come on here to bitch-fight, hurl insults and profanity, and who just generally try to be as obnoxious as possible on both sides of the political spectrum.

You know - I really encourage people to view the information they receive critically.

Do that before you shoot your mouth off next time, instead of swallowing the lefty goo.

OK, I get it. Looking at ALL sources of info and not just hanging my hat on one right-leaning source is - in your opinion - "swallowing the lefty goo."

Nuff said - have a nice life.

romney's biggest problem is his approval among women and latinos. He currently has an 18 point deficit among women compared with obama.
lol
That is not funny, because it is true. He needs to chop that down to 5 to 6% by election time. He is very fortunate that his wife Ann is so formidable as well as likeable.

Historically (or at least since Roe v Wade) women have favored democrats by about 12% So if Romney needs to chop that to 5 to 6% - do you think Ann is fomidable and likeable enough to swing it that far?

Especially if the current gap is 18%. Even though I find sniper-fire repulsive, I have to acknowledge that the 18% number puzzles me a bit. Since the traditional gap is generally about 12%, why would women dislike Romney more? Is it because they think the mormon faith is degrading to women? Is it because he hasn't been a solid defender of abortion? Not many rebulblicans have been stauch supporters of abortion so I don't know why that cost Romney MORE than it has cost other republicans.

The ability of the modern media to highlight flip flops has gotten better and better, and no one has ever flip flopped more than Romney.

Wonder if any of those will air on Fox?
If not - the base is safe. But I agree. I do believe it could be a serious roadblock to winning the middle.

I say it's a bogus number, who knows where any of these statistics come from. You have to trust the source, and I rarely ever do. They all have an agenda.

Wonder if any of those will air on Fox?
If not - the base is safe. But I agree. I do believe it could be a serious roadblock to winning the middle.

Yeah, we can air all of Obama's promises that he made about 'Hope and Change!' and see how many of them are true today? I think that will make him more the fool than Romney.

I say it's a bogus number, who knows where any of these statistics come from. You have to trust the source, and I rarely ever do. They all have an agenda.

Which numbers do you mean? Most are pretty easy to trace and grade (by whatever criteria are important to you)

Obama currently has at least a 10 point lead in enough states to deliver 240 electoral votes and at least a 6 point lead in enough states to deliever 309 electoral votes.

There is a long, long way to go and a lot can and undoubtedly will happen between now and vote-casting time. So what is it that needs to happen for Romney to pick off some of the closer states like Pennsylvania (20), Ohio (18), Florida (29), Virginia (13) and come up with 270?

Romney must flip and flop and convince some that he is for and others that he is against. Being Romney that should be rather easy. The fact that the great middle of American voters aren't guided by partisanship and eschew facts as do the fringe, means Obama wins in November. The real battle will be for the Congress.

Forum List

Back