Where & How Does Romney Make up the Ground?

Who says Mitts down by 10 points??

If it some poll then forget it. Polls have to many variable to be precise in any way. They go up and then they go down. Aint worth shit in my book. Barry will lead one week and Romney the next.

I think Romney can beat Barry but its not gonna be by a landslide. Of course I could be wrong and hope I am.

He's only up by 10 points or more in enough states to give him 240 (not enough to win) but he's up by 6 points or more (I used that cutoff because that's well outside the polling margin for error) in enough states to give hime 309 (which is more than enough to win).

And I use RCP polling averages (as linked above) to balance out poll biases.

But yeah, I agree 100% in that Romney certainly CAN win and that the polls are likely to move around. What I'm looking for are some opinoins on WHAT needs to happen for Romney so those numbers start skewing more in his favor. It seems that by simply reporting the poll averages as they stand offends some people??????

Thanks for the clarificatioin.

What needs to happen is once Mitt gets the nomination he needs to go after Barry. He has loads of ammo.

Once its between Mitt and Barry then you will see how Mitt can make up ground.

Anyone but a brain dead Obamabot knows this guy has done a lousy job as POTUS.

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports™

Ninety-two percent (92%) believe it is important to place strict limits on government so that it cannot take away individual rights and freedom. In fact, 54% believe that strict limits on government are even more important than ensuring voters have the right to select government leaders.

In a hypothetical Election 2012 matchup, presumptive Republican nominee Mitt Romney earns 46% of the vote, while President Obama attracts support from 45%. Matchup results are updated daily at 9:30 a.m. Eastern (sign up for free daily e-mail update).

Today marks the seventh straight day that Romney has held a modest advantage over the president. See tracking history.
Overall, 49% of voters say they at least somewhat approve of the president's job performance. Fifty percent (50%) at least somewhat disapprove.

Twenty-seven percent (27%) believe the United States is generally heading in the right direction. That’s down two points from a week ago and down seven from the 2012 peak reached in early February.

Troll bait is just trolling, of course.

Obama now has a big problem with dog lovers.

tumblr_m2p1m1vnT21ru80w0o1_400.jpg

Obviously citing his actions at the age of ten and comparing them to the actions of Mitt as an adult is a loser for Romney.

He can't make up much ground because Dems and Indies know what Romney is about; telling you whatever you want to hear. Herman Cain had his 9-9-9 plan. Say what you want about the man, but he had a plan. It may have been a bad plan, but he had something. The Republican Nominee apparently has no specific plan for any of what he says he wants to accomplish. He's going to keep Iran from getting a nuke? How? He's going to balance the budget? How? He's going to increase military spending at the same time? How? All while cutting your taxes? How? How? How?

He will make up some ground as the Santorum and Gingrich supporters and Paul's supporter votes for him. But having such a spineless candidate attempting to pander to all sides in this environment is not going to work.

It's a very sad state of politics in the US. I don't think it would be as dramatic but if Romney were President with the identical record that Obama has, Obama would look just almost as feckless at this point.

I think your point that disgruntled Santorum and Gingrich voters may not be on board yet but will trickle in bit by bit as they "get over it"

But you may be overestimating American voters if you think they are going to demand substance and specifics. I wish I could say that I agree with that 100%, but sadly - I don't.

You're failing to differentiate between the American people and the American Voters. I would wager that many (if not most) on this political forum on USMB do not vote and will not vote if you were to put a polling place in their restroom. The GOP leaning posters hesitation to risk their tag line or their avatar over their belief in Mitt Romney (giggle) is an indication of just how little conviction they do have.

The silent majority of voters do look for specifics. I will agree that the American Voters will believe specifics while discounting the incredible obstructionism that both parties are able to implement in the Senate. Hell, Harry Reid is obstructing right now and that mofo has the statistical majority but not a filibuster-proof majority.

Aint our constitution grand?

Romney has a bounce right now with Santorum sprawled in the dust (the GOP crowd points thumbs down! on the fallen wing nut) and Ann Romney kicking some libby hussy's nonsense about working mothers.

However . . . MR, in order to win, must close the women and lation gaps, big time, to win in November.

polls are always in favor of democrats. This kinda looks familiar to this one:

Poll Shows Dukakis Leads Bush; Many Reagan Backers Shift Sides - New York Times

Or the polls that showed McCain was neck and neck with Obama. Remember those? Why'd you have to go all the way back to Dukakis? :lol: When you could have just gone back to McCain/Obama to prove polls are bullshit. Do polls indicate how many people are going to show up in November?

Oh, and how is Romney going to make up ground with voters? One thing he can do is change his position on Afganistan. Etch a sketch time.

Romney At Odds With Key Voters On Afghanistan, Says New Poll

Romney will certainly can ground if he will simply state, "We win in Afghanistan, and I will bring the troops home."

He can also add that he will make the rebuilding of our devastated ARNG and USAR one of the major goals of his administration plus increase VA benefits for our men and women who have served.

Obama currently has at least a 10 point lead in enough states to deliver 240 electoral votes and at least a 6 point lead in enough states to deliever 309 electoral votes.

There is a long, long way to go and a lot can and undoubtedly will happen between now and vote-casting time. So what is it that needs to happen for Romney to pick off some of the closer states like Pennsylvania (20), Ohio (18), Florida (29), Virginia (13) and come up with 270?

I don't think he can.

If you take the states that Democrats have carried consistantly for the last five elections, (which includes PA) Obama already has 242 Electoral votes. Add in states they've taken four out of the last five time, you get up to 257. He just needs 13 more.

Ohio- Democrats took it in 92, 96 and 08, and came damned close in 04. Romney with his history of laying people off and kasich's unpopularity is going to have a hard time.

VA- Democrats took it in 96 and 08. But it's been trending Democratic for a while. O'Donnel isn't terribly popular with some of the anti-women stances he took.

Florida. Dems took it in 96 and 08, Republicans took it in 92 and 04. In 2000, you had so much chicanery we can't say for sure who won. Scott is unpopular.

Your plastic canidate that not even your base likes is not going to win a national election.

The republican party cant cheat enough to make it happen this time

Romney will certainly can ground if he will simply state, "We win in Afghanistan, and I will bring the troops home."

He can also add that he will make the rebuilding of our devastated ARNG and USAR one of the major goals of his administration plus increase VA benefits for our men and women who have served.

I'm just wondering how Mr. "Hid in France during Vietnam" is going to really instill military confidence.

Fact is, most Americans don't think Afghanistan is worth it. Not at this point. Nor is it winnable. So if he's going to try to run on the "we need to win" platform, he's pretty much out of touch.

Now the question is whether obama can overcome the government scandals and make up the ground he's lost.

It's doubtful since the entire administration is rotted out.

In a hypothetical Election 2012 matchup, presumptive Republican nominee Mitt Romney earns 46% of the vote, while President Obama attracts support from 45%. Matchup results are updated daily at 9:30 a.m. Eastern (sign up for free daily e-mail update).

And history tells us that when an incumbent POTUS is polling below 50% approval, the undecideds (the 9% of the people missing from the polling above) break en masse to the challenger.

If the election were held right now, Obama would get killed.

And history tells us that when an incumbent POTUS is polling below 50% approval, the undecideds (the 9% of the people missing from the polling above) break en masse to the challenger.

you hate history remember?

If the Republicans had nominated someone good, probably.

Unfortunately, they nominated the weird Mormon Robot...

Probably one of the biggest mistakes democrats are making is to continually attack Romney's religion. I hope they keep doing it. For one thing, it makes clear that democrats really do have a war on religion.

Romeny will be forced to speak many times before the election.

When Romeny speaks he outs himself for who he really is.

A man who will say anything to get elected and has NO idea what its like to be a regular American.

Forum List

Back