Where & How Does Romney Make up the Ground?

Has he kept 100% of his campaign promises - Nope. Has ANY candidate/president kept 100% of their campaign promises? Nope. But the opinion of each individual is what will determine whether or not he has kept enough of them or done enough to be re-elected. Reasonable people can disagree on that.

What has he kept?

Don't rely on MY opinion. Do the research and formulate your own opinion.

Obama apologists are hilarious.

Obama currently has at least a 10 point lead in enough states to deliver 240 electoral votes and at least a 6 point lead in enough states to deliever 309 electoral votes.

There is a long, long way to go and a lot can and undoubtedly will happen between now and vote-casting time. So what is it that needs to happen for Romney to pick off some of the closer states like Pennsylvania (20), Ohio (18), Florida (29), Virginia (13) and come up with 270?

As long as most Americans continue to get there information from Liberally Biased News Sources that blame Obama for NOTHING, the answer is he wont, Obama will win again, and the Average Ignorant American Voter will get exactly what they deserve for being Oblivious of the Obvious. That Barack Obama is not qualified to lead this Country, that Liberal Democrat Ideas are the Cause of most of our problems, not the Solution. But they will all just buy the Liberal Spin, and Obama Love fest in Pop Culture and Re-elect what has been the single most Disastrous President in my Life Time.

Well .... thanks for your opinion. I think there are a lot of people who share that opinion. Is that a majority? I guess we'll see.

I really don't think there are all that many. The so called vast Silent Majority, are Basically Sheep. No offense intended, they simply are to wrapped up in their own lives, and their own Problems, to pay much attention. 2 Mins of Network, evening news, or some Cable News is all they can manage, and if they are buying what most of those guys are selling then they are likely not really aware of just how bad Obama is, and has been.

Unless they watch fox, then of course they get Bias from another direction, but I am betting if they are watching FOX they are probably already planning on not voting for Obama, It's not that Crowd that needs to be reached.

Last edited:
As long as most Americans continue to get there information from Liberally Biased News Sources that blame Obama for NOTHING, the answer is he wont, Obama will win again, and the Average Ignorant American Voter will get exactly what they deserve for being Oblivious of the Obvious. That Barack Obama is not qualified to lead this Country, that Liberal Democrat Ideas are the Cause of most of our problems, not the Solution. But they will all just buy the Liberal Spin, and Obama Love fest in Pop Culture and Re-elect what has been the single most Disastrous President in my Life Time.

Well .... thanks for your opinion. I think there are a lot of people who share that opinion. Is that a majority? I guess we'll see.

I really don't think there are all that many. The so called vast Silent Majority, are Basically Sheep. No offense intended, they simply are to wrapped up in their own lives, and their own Problems, to pay much attention. 2 Mins of Network, evening news, or some Cable News is all they can manage, and if they are buying what most of those guys are selling then they are likely not really aware of just how bad Obama is, and has been.

Unless they watch fox, then of course they get Bias from another direction, but I am betting if they are watching FOX they are probably already planning on not voting for Obama, It's not that Crowd that needs to be reached.

Good points all around.
On a side note - I'm obviously in way too pissy a mood today. I apologize to all I have offended. I'm banning myself for a short while and hope to return a better poster.

Romney will certainly can ground if he will simply state, "We win in Afghanistan, and I will bring the troops home."

He can also add that he will make the rebuilding of our devastated ARNG and USAR one of the major goals of his administration plus increase VA benefits for our men and women who have served.

I'm just wondering how Mr. "Hid in France during Vietnam" is going to really instill military confidence.

Fact is, most Americans don't think Afghanistan is worth it. Not at this point. Nor is it winnable. So if he's going to try to run on the "we need to win" platform, he's pretty much out of touch.

Being on a mission for his church, kid, is not hiding in France. On the rest of it you agree with me good other than "we need to win" is not what I said. It is what you said.

I simply said he should say, "We win and we are bringing our troops home."

You have trouble with declarative sentence, no biggy because you are nearing eighty.

As far as I'm concerned, it's the same thing. Guy, the fact was, Daddy George said he was "brainwashed" by the Army, but he wouldn't let his son go over and fight in a rice paddy. Nope, just go to France and annoy people with the Book of Mormon. Not to mention Romney's statement that his sons working on his campaign is just the same as serving in the miltiary.

Yeah, right.

I think declaring a victory in Afghanistan is a bit fake and phony, and no one will really admire him for it after Bush and Obama did all the heavy lifting... not that he'll ever be in that position.

Psst. . . hey, strange bigot, over here. Yeah, here. Might come as a shock to ya, sonny: no one cares what your concern is about these matters. You are a bigot. You are proud you are a bigot. You hate folks with religion. We know that, strange bigot. Get lost.

Probably one of the biggest mistakes democrats are making is to continually attack Romney's religion. I hope they keep doing it. For one thing, it makes clear that democrats really do have a war on religion.

Please point out where Democrats have attacked his whacky religion.

Thanks.

Well, there's this guy:

robert-jeffress-of-first-baptist-church-of-dallas.jpg

Oh wait, he's a Republican. He's also now backing Romney despite calling Mormonism a cult. Like a lot of the extreme right, he's a hypocrite.

Pastor Who Called Mormonism a Cult Now Backs Romney

Robert Jeffress, the Dallas megachurch pastor who caused a media firestorm last fall when he said Christians should not support Mitt Romney because Mormonism is a cult, has endorsed Romney.

"I haven't changed my tune. In fact, I never said Christians should not vote for Mitt Romney. When I talked about his theology, I was answering a question about theology. And I still maintain there are vast differences in theology between Mormons and Christians, but we do share many of the same values, like the sanctity of life and religious freedom," Jeffress said Sunday on Fox News' "Fox and Friends."

Well, let's be honest what's happening here.

Romney is pretending to believe in what the Christian Conservatives are about.

And Christian Conservatives are pretending they are dumb enough to be fooled.

And most of them are going along because they just dislike Obama that much, but a lot of them figure Romney's got no chance, but hey, we gave the Mormons their shot, so we don't have to listen to them whine anymore.

Psst. . . hey, strange bigot, over here. Yeah, here. Might come as a shock to ya, sonny: no one cares what your concern is about these matters. You are a bigot. You are proud you are a bigot. You hate folks with religion. We know that, strange bigot. Get lost.

Well, you're concerned, since you are following me around like a puppy and obsessing over what I say...

I don't really hate folks with Religion, I pity them.

Religion only still gets away with the bullshit because we are all afraid of death and loss.

Nothing more, nothing less.

You are the one that has stalked me from day one, you must be find me hawt. :lol:

You can pity all you want: it is merely the projection of the self loathing on to others.

You are a bigot, and we could pity you, but you deliberately indulge in that what drags you down.

That's the pity.

You are the one that has stalked me from day one, you must be find me hawt. :lol:

You can pity all you want: it is merely the projection of the self loathing on to others.

You are a bigot, and we could pity you, but you deliberately indulge in that what drags you down.

That's the pity.

Guy, I only respond to you when you respond to me. You aren't even interesting as a Romney apologist.

And sorry, the whole claim of "religious bigotry" is kind of stupid. I'm sure that I could name a religion that you would think disqualifies someone from higher office.

The only difference between us is that I would include Mormonism on the list.

It's 'opinion' that Obama hasn't done what he campaigned on? I don't think so.

Has he kept 100% of his campaign promises - Nope. Has ANY candidate/president kept 100% of their campaign promises? Nope. But the opinion of each individual is what will determine whether or not he has kept enough of them or done enough to be re-elected. Reasonable people can disagree on that.

PolitiFact | The Obameter: Campaign Promises that are Promise Broken

According to your source Obama has kept 177 promises.

PolitiFact | The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises

Forum List

Back