Where have you been to?

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Mortimer, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Eugene

Eugene VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +154
    Live in Russia.
    Used to live in Kiev (Ukraine) before it got occupied.
    Visited France (honeymoon in Paris and ...), Holland, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Denmark, Hungary, Poland, Moldova, Belorussia, Japan, Korea, China, Malaysia, Thailand, Cuba, Turkey.

This New Year holidays will spend in Hong Kong and Phuket (Thailand)...have just booked hotels and car for rent in Thailand.
    Plan to visit North Korea this winter want to see how they live there and to try their alpine skiing tracks.
    In summer plan to visit the USA. Will drive through the country.

2. g5000

g5000 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32,255
    A lot of the countries I have been to were at war or in the middle of a revolution, so my opinion of them is not high. :D

I have been to most of the countries in Europe, and I was not impressed at all. Although Northern Italy is great. Southern Italy sucks. But in Venice, St. Mark's square is worth a visit both in the daytime (for the pigeons) and in the evening (for the entertainment).

Paris was okay.

Ireland was the best.

The Caribbean is hit and miss.

The only experience most Americans have with poor countries is at specially isolated resorts which have no connection to the country they are in whatsoever except for the slave labor service staff who provide some color (literally).

I would like to see some parts of China before I die, but other than that I am thoroughly done with traveling.

The more I see of the rest of the world, the more I like America.