Where have the Days Gone To?

They died around the time people started ending sentences with prepositions ;)

Grammar-Nazism aside, they never existed.

More to the point, where have the people gone who held these values?

I do find that a lot of folks on message boards are expressing the same feelings as you, BGG, but it almost seems that for every person who shares these values, there are two more who would rather make light of them and one who attacks them or dismisses them as extremism.

I share your pain, bro. Excellent post.

They died around the time people started ending sentences with prepositions ;)

Grammar-Nazism aside, they never existed.
Ending sentences with smilies is not proper grammar either. If you want to take jabs at me, have at it. You might want to make sure you check yourself first next time.

To state such never existed, is to read the post in absolutes. It wasn't presented in that manner. You missed the point of the post.

More to the point, where have the people gone who held these values?

I do find that a lot of folks on message boards are expressing the same feelings as you, BGG, but it almost seems that for every person who shares these values, there are two more who would rather make light of them and one who attacks them or dismisses them as extremism.

I share your pain, bro. Excellent post.

Excellent point Shore. Good to see you my brother.

You are stating a regret for a value that never existed except in our hopes and dreams as a people.

And the hopes and dreams are still there, some good change has come in the last fifty years, but if you think we can alter fallible human nature, then your regret will extend to forever.

What did I miss? Did the OP erase his original question?
I think so. But I'm guessing it has to do with the longer nights we have now. I love the autumn, but I get bummed with the shorter daylight. So, that's what I get out of the title.

Being originally from the north, I prefer the cooler weather and I actually DO like it getting dark earlier. Just my .02. IF that was the OP's original point?

I thought the original post was more about the days of pride in one's country adn a desire to improve it. Or something like that.

BGG, never, EVER let asswads like JS get you down. You made his day by yanking your post. That is, after all, the meat and potatoes of liberals. Intimidation and the squelching of free speech.

I thought the original post was more about the days of pride in one's country adn a desire to improve it. Or something like that.

BGG, never, EVER let asswads like JS get you down. You made his day by yanking your post. That is, after all, the meat and potatoes of liberals. Intimidation and the squelching of free speech.

This assertion coming from the fearmongering right....:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back