Where Hate Really Comes From

Movable Type Enterprise must have moved and didn't tell anyone.

Hate comes from viewing people as different from you, and you have no desire to find out why, because you're scared that it will shake your beliefs that you've built up over the years.

Interestingly enough, the people who are the most homophobic are generally the ones that are the deepest closeted.

Must suck to be so self hating.

Yes. There is self-hating associated with being gay. That's why it's so important for a gay person to see a counselor who is accepting of homosexuality.

That puts the Keeton lawsuit in some perspective.

Um...sometimes hate comes from being fucked over. Sometimes there's very good reason for hate.

But I think your refering to unjustifyable hatred for people who have done you no wrong - people who you may not have ever had any interaction with.

That's a weird and primitive hate.

But one technique for promoting hate, is for an isolated society or culture to be absolutely abusive to it's own people. A very hard Spartan society. That promotes absolute fear of all people that are different. 'Cause if your own treat you so badly, the it stands to reason that peoples who are different will certainly abuse you to a whole new level.

The corner-stone of militaristic soceities.

Dunno if I'd call it sad, but I would say it's a prime example of how homophobia works.

At least this dude had the sense to stay away from kids.

I think it's a sad story as well. Imagine being a 57 year old virgin. Is this what we really want for GLBT people? Sexless lives?

That's what some want for gay people.

i'm gonna get a lot of shit for this but here goes:

what do you want for pedophiles? they couldn't help that they were born sexually attracted to children. do you want sexless lives for them, or do you want them to act out on their sexual desires?

I think it's a sad story as well. Imagine being a 57 year old virgin. Is this what we really want for GLBT people? Sexless lives?

what do you want for pedophiles? they couldn't help that they were born sexually attracted to children. do you want sexless lives for them, or do you want them to act out on their sexual desires?

Invalid. With pedophiles, there is clearly a victim (an underaged child without the legal and mental ability to consent) who is being exploited. With consenting adults there is not victim. In this instance, the interest in protecting the child clearly outweighs the pedophiles desire to have sex.

Invalid. With pedophiles, there is clearly a victim (an underaged child without the legal and mental ability to consent) who is being exploited. With consenting adults there is not victim. In this instance, the interest in protecting the child clearly outweighs the pedophiles desire to have sex.

in your mind, are people born pedophiles, or are they made pedophiles because of some incident in their own lives?

btw. that was a very solid point you made.

Did he say, "He undressed his struggles"?

Oh, no, he said he "addressed" his struggles. That's right.

So he sat around with an "accountability partner", which sounds awfully fucking gay.

And they discussed his "struggles". Could you imagine?

"I saw this guy with bulging bulges", and I wondered what was causing those bulges to bulge?

It amazes me the inanity of the right wing. No wonder they believe all the bullshit Fox spews. They're fucking idiots. Except in secret. Then they're fucking each other.

No wonder they feel they aren't being taken seriously. This shit makes me laugh, well, not "laugh" laugh. More like "guffaw" laugh.

Accountability partner? Seriously?:lol::lol::lol::lol:

What's wrong with having someone to help you hold yourself accountable?

If you want to lose weight, isn't it usually wise to have a friend exercise with you and keep you honest about your diet?

If you want to stop swearing, isn't it good to have a friend who will help encourage you to stop?

You can't see any benefit whatsoever in having someone with you to help you grow spiritually?

Forum List

Back