where does your bible tell you to pray?

Barb: Every once in a while I stop what I am doing (usually sweeping or mopping up the mess) look skyward and ask with all sincerity, "What have I done to piss you off today?!"Maybe I got the concept wrong?

Smartt: I have raised my fist at God on many ocassions. It is not incorrect to do so, God can handle that. He knows the heart anyway. (I hope you did that where no one could see you, it might offend the atheist and non-believers)

God bless you,

Stroll: why should you allie be allowed to disrupt public meetings with your prayers...or schools for example...you are more than free to pray silently....i just do not want to hear your prayers that are always omitting other faiths....

Smartt: While I personally hate to pray aloud, and most of the time I see no real reason for it, I also cannot see it as such a bad thing. People are free to drive their cars, with the rap stuff going full blast, and it is sounding immoral garbage all over the neighborhood, and on the streets. We cannot avoid hearing it, or our children hearing it, but if we complain we are accused of wanting to take their rights away. It is a "disruption" and I don't want to hear it.

I pray from my heart, and sometimes my heart yells, bit you cannot hear it, only God can. Sometimes I allow my heart to engage my mouth, and the words are heard even by people. It is not intended to offend anyone, and it is usually prayer of praise and thanks to god for His awesome presence. That is about the only prayer I do aloud. It is not to be heard, but it is to openly and freely give God His glory. It is always spontaneous. I may be walking in the hall of a school, and boom...there it is.

Our prayers do not "omit others' faith," It just ecpresses ours. Big difference. I cannot remember seeing large multitudes of Christians ever raising a stink when other faiths pray, in government or wherever. I do, however, continually hear the multitudes of non-Christians "B-ing" about Christian prayer.

It is, contrary to their expressions, not the Christians, that are raising a stink most of the time.
God beless you

i see christians bitching again about their rights etc...so riddle me this...how can anyone stop you from praying? and where does your bible instruct you to pray?

prayer to me...is between myself and my goddess.....no one can stop me from praying to her...how can they stop you from praying to your god or goddess?

you know that they can pray whereever they want. they just can't force others to pray WITH them... that makes the loonies cranky. Me? I figure if you can' go 8 hours in school without public prayer, then perhaps you should be in parochial school with other like-minded folks.

i see christians bitching again about their rights etc...so riddle me this...how can anyone stop you from praying? and where does your bible instruct you to pray?

prayer to me...is between myself and my goddess.....no one can stop me from praying to her...how can they stop you from praying to your god or goddess?

you know that they can pray whereever they want. they just can't force others to pray WITH them... that makes the loonies cranky. Me? I figure if you can' go 8 hours in school without public prayer, then perhaps you should be in parochial school with other like-minded folks.
All the more reason to give that finanical assistance and credit (vouchers/money) that public schools now get to up to the choice of the parents of where it shall be spent.
Problem solved.

With vouchers even the poor can choose what is best for their child.

As it is today parents have little to no say where the educational buck that is spent will be applied when their child is in the public school system.

For the most part the public school bureaucracy is out dated.

With an average student cost of $8,000.00 plus per year per child the US for K-12 should have the best educated children in the world. Yet we do not and we have a bunch of over or under-educated idiots (you pick) telling everyone else how they should raise their children.

It is not an equal system and it does nothing to promote creativity or freedom. People will always be individuals yet the social structure now says we must teach children to all be in the same box and every parent must work for the system to pay for the system that is teaching their children how to be good house slaves.

Cost of academic-year program: The National Center for Education Statistics projects the total cost of a year of K-12 public school to be $8800 for 2002.....

Barb: Every once in a while I stop what I am doing (usually sweeping or mopping up the mess) look skyward and ask with all sincerity, "What have I done to piss you off today?!"Maybe I got the concept wrong?

Smartt: I have raised my fist at God on many ocassions. It is not incorrect to do so, God can handle that. He knows the heart anyway. (I hope you did that where no one could see you, it might offend the atheist and non-believers)

God bless you,

Thanks for the blessings, Smartt33. You know, I've never noticed atheists or non-believers to be as prickly as all that, i consider the "war on Christmas / Christians" to be a dishonest bid for victimhood status, and, you never know, but I could have been asking that question of a pagan goddess...

All the more reason to give that finanical assistance and credit (vouchers/money) that public schools now get to up to the choice of the parents of where it shall be spent.
Problem solved.

As it is today parents have little to no say where the educational buck that is spent will be applied when their child is in the public school system.

With an average student cost of $8,000.00 plus per year per child the US for K-12 should have the best educated children in the world. Yet we do not and we have a bunch of over or under-educated idiots (you pick) telling everyone else how they should raise their children.

It is not an equal system and it does nothing to promote creativity or freedom. People will always be individuals yet the social structure now says we must teach children to all be in the same box and every parent must work for the system to pay for the system that is teaching their children how to be good house slaves.

Cost of academic-year program: The National Center for Education Statistics projects the total cost of a year of K-12 public school to be $8800 for 2002.....

it's not our job as a government to fund the religious indoctrination of children while at the same time sucking all of the money from the public school system so it crashes.

On a related note, a religious procession procession passed by my house this afternoon. About 150 people following a guy carrying a big wooden cross with a mournful song sung over and over again in Spanish being played on loud speakers.

It was very spooky. I wish I hadn't seen it.

It means you will die --REPENT QUICKLY !

So if I repent will I live forever?

Oh yeah, in heaven. Nevermind!

Anyway, I never pented in the first place so how can I repent?

Problem solved.

it's not our job as a government to fund the religious indoctrination of children while at the same time sucking all of the money from the public school system so it crashes.

That is only a precept that is used as a scare tactic to continue the outdated system that is now in place.

If people are allowed to make the best choice for their children that clearly does not mean they will want their children taught religion in school. It sure wouldn't be my first choice. I don't agree with some of the garbage that a few preachers have tried to shove at my children over the years. Then again even in small towns of just a few hundred people the people usually have a choice of a half a dozen churches or the choice to abstain. The school system as it is does not give that choice. I am sure there are more believers out there that feel the same way as I do. Seriously, who wants someone teaching their children in error?

At the moment either public schools or schools by religious organizations are the only choices most have for the education of their children. That is not freedom and it sure as heck does not promote the ideals of individualism or freedom. If you happen to be fortunate enough to have good administrators in a public school system that's great but for those that don't they should be afforded other options. The political cronyism that exist in the bureaucracies have left this country in a mess and the school are included in that.

When so much money is sucked up by much of the ineffective public systems we have now we all lose. Schools need to be more than glorified babysitters for the working class who need a place for the children while they work.

Saying the public school system would crash is as much as agreeing to the fact that the system needs to be taken apart and fully restructured.

At an average of even half of that eight grand a year per child a few families could get together and hire the teachers of their choice for their children. Or supplement homeschooling with certified teachers. The options would be open and could help create new viable avenues for the children learning very little now in the system.

Last edited:
Do you work for a state or the federal government Jillian?

Barb: Thanks for the blessings, Smartt33. You know, I've never noticed atheists or non-believers to be as prickly as all that, i consider the "war on Christmas / Christians" to be a dishonest bid for victimhood status, and, you never know, but I could have been asking that question of a pagan goddess...

Smartt: As I read these posts, there are almost no posts that favor praying aloud in school as something that should be allowed. There are no posters promoting mandatory prayer in school. However, all of those apposed to either continue to complain about all of those who are not posting here. They are talking to each other about what they see as being a bad thing, only no one is really debating or arguing with the. They are stirring up anger within themsemves, spreading it, and don't even have an apponant.

This is both sad and funny, but read all the posts and see if there is more than one or mayb e two who even discuss prayer on a positive side. None of which are in favor of mandatory prayer. It is like they are looking in the mirror and trying to convince themselves that they are right. They keek enforcing each other's views, but never seem to have anyone here who argues with them or debates with them.

They have a wild fire burning in their own forrest, and they keep fanning it. Sad iondeed.

God bless you.

me, i am simply advocating that you pray not for the glory of man...not do you expect people to have a moment of silence...why? isnt this moment of silence simply a show of faith to others? no one can stop you from praying for that minute or moment can they? that is my statement....i pray a good bit of the time and sometimes...is no more than a quick...please bless me peace ...but these prays are not to your god they are to my goddess. i do not have to go on calling out her name..she knows to whom i pray...the public displays of faith etc by any religion is odd for me...not just christians but all of them..

Barb: Thanks for the blessings, Smartt33. You know, I've never noticed atheists or non-believers to be as prickly as all that, i consider the "war on Christmas / Christians" to be a dishonest bid for victimhood status, and, you never know, but I could have been asking that question of a pagan goddess...

Smartt: As I read these posts, there are almost no posts that favor praying aloud in school as something that should be allowed. There are no posters promoting mandatory prayer in school. However, all of those apposed to either continue to complain about all of those who are not posting here. They are talking to each other about what they see as being a bad thing, only no one is really debating or arguing with the. They are stirring up anger within themsemves, spreading it, and don't even have an apponant.

This is both sad and funny, but read all the posts and see if there is more than one or mayb e two who even discuss prayer on a positive side. None of which are in favor of mandatory prayer. It is like they are looking in the mirror and trying to convince themselves that they are right. They keek enforcing each other's views, but never seem to have anyone here who argues with them or debates with them.

They have a wild fire burning in their own forrest, and they keep fanning it. Sad iondeed.

God bless you.

Smartt33, I look at it this way: as long as there are pop quizzes, there will be prayer in school.

Forum List

Back