Where does the tea party come from? Activist Republicans, study shows.

Seems that, unlike what especially many on the right like to say, which is that the Tea Party consists of many Independents and Democrats, that it is in fact, a spin-off of disgruntled Republicans. Which many, espeically on the Left have been saying for the last 3 years.

In fact, Tea Party supporters were for the most part activist Republicans well before both the financial crisis and before Obama’s election. Campbell and Putnam found that Republican affiliation was actually the single strongest predictor of Tea Party support, and that Tea Party supporters were more likely than other people to have lobbied their public officials before.

Today’s Tea Party supporters are disproportionately white social conservatives, who, Campbell and Putnam say, “had a low regard for immigrants and blacks long before Barack Obama was president, and still do.” And while Tea Party leaders say their main concern is limiting the size of government, Campbell and Putnam found that the cause that really unites rank-and-file Tea Partiers is a desire for more religion in government. Campbell and Putnam argue that their public devotion—not their ideas about taxes—explains the appeal of figures like Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) and Texas governor Rick Perry to the Tea Party.

Read it and weep: Where Does the Tea Party Come From? | Politeia | Big Think

The tea party are mainstream Americans, White,black and Hispanic, asian also. It is a mixture of people who believe in less government, less taxation and less nanny state. which has been proven time and time again. This thread is nothing more then a waste of board space. Just about everyone on this board knows that all you do is race bait and post non-truths.
That is all, time to move on to more common sense.

The Tea Party is like Quixtar (used to be plain old Amway).

You can change the name, but once people know the truth, you're going to have to try to catch them running.
Kinda like the term "liberals", huh? Now they're "progressives".

Liberals. Always was...always will be.
You really haven't been paying attention, have you?
Which brings us to today. About five years ago there was a lexical shift in the American left. More and more people began to use the word progressive rather than liberal. The idea behind this was that "progressive" was fresher and more inclusive than "liberal", which in the 1990s had become something of a bad word, a cultural stand in for personal decadence and moral decay.​

As I see it when the Libs get threaten by anything that is not a liberal base they cry racism!! I am so tired of it. The tea party is not racist. They have a black division of it.Herman Cain and Alan West are both Tea party members.Last time I check they were both black. There are many more black tea party members

Tea Party Racism?? - YouTube
So you posted some random blacks that are rabidly RW Republicans spewing talking points...big whoop. Been there done that with Clarence Thomas and Alan West. Try again.

Google "Fox News racist" and see a veritable plethora of information. They use people who are black as their 'experts' provided said 'experts' agree with them.

It's really ugly, the way that network operates.

You mean exactly like MSNBC and Al Sharpton? Hypocrite.

As I see it when the Libs get threaten by anything that is not a liberal base they cry racism!! I am so tired of it. The tea party is not racist. They have a black division of it.Herman Cain and Alan West are both Tea party members.Last time I check they were both black. There are many more black tea party members

So you posted some random blacks that are rabidly RW Republicans spewing talking points...big whoop. Been there done that with Clarence Thomas and Alan West. Try again.
And there it is: Black conservatives aren't really black.

150 years ago, you'd have helped the master track down escaped slaves, wouldn't you?

Google "Fox News racist" and see a veritable plethora of information. They use people who are black as their 'experts' provided said 'experts' agree with them.

It's really ugly, the way that network operates.
Google "Fox News racist" and see a boatload of leftist horseshit.

Man, you guys absolutely hate it that there's a news outlet you don't control, don't you?

Today’s Tea Party supporters are disproportionately white social conservatives, who, Campbell and Putnam say, “had a low regard for immigrants and blacks long before Barack Obama was president, and still do.”
Article dismissed as leftist agenda-driven horseshit.

Partisantard dave has no evidence to rebut thus he labels anything he doesn't agree with as leftist.

Seems that, unlike what especially many on the right like to say, which is that the Tea Party consists of many Independents and Democrats, that it is in fact, a spin-off of disgruntled Republicans. Which many, espeically on the Left have been saying for the last 3 years.

Read it and weep: Where Does the Tea Party Come From? | Politeia | Big Think

Marc, do you really believe this??

Here's my take on the TEA Party.............some of these folks have been around a long time, they saw the writing on the wall long ago. The government has been spending out of control for many years. When every person that applied for a mortgage (black, white, yellow, brown, pink and purple) qualified, it was the beginning of the end.

I don't like debt at all, however as a reasonable person I realize it's sometimes necessary. Unfortunately most people don't realize what a $200-$300,000.00 mortgage will do their bottom line if someone loses their job.

Our government in DC today doesn't understand that concept either. The TEA Party is a group of people that is tired of the pork, special deals, the sweet congressional and government pay packages and the out of control spending.

What this report tells me is that some folks are beginning to take these people a little more seriously and they are getting scared......their free ride is being threatened and they don't like it. It only sends me the message that someone is ruffling the right feathers. :cool:
Were the pre-Obama TPers concerned about social issues at all?

Are the post-Obama TPers concerned about social issues now?

Were the pre-Obama TPers concerned about the MASSIVE spending on the wars at all?

Are the post-Obama TPers concerned about the MASSIVE spending on the wars today?

Do you recognize and/or acknowledge any change in the TPers before Obama vs. after Obama?

Expound on all of the above if you will.

Thanks.

This post cliched it because they can't answer properly.

I am still waiting to see an Tea Party candidate on a ballot in my area. It seems to be repubs versus democrats like always. I think this proves they are just a wing of the republican party.

And that explains why they have worked against republicans.

It's the exception that proves the rule.

:cuckoo:

Which proves they#re just the far right faction of the Republican Party.

Really does depend on your definition of the word 'know'.

As in the "Party of NO!"

As in Republicans.

As in Are you going to accept the will of the voters and Obama as President?

Republicans: HELL NO!

As in Are you going to help get the economy back on track?

As in Do you care that people are suffering?

Yeppers.

HELL NO! :lol:

See, that's where the problem lies. (and I mean 'lies' as in untruth).... you can't tell the difference between a lie and a truth, a 'no' and a 'know'.... and so you repeat whatever partisan bullshit you are fed.

Shame, cuz you did used to be quite a reasonably thoughtful poster. I feel sorry for you.

Will you please at least attempt to come up with a coherent argument?

LOL!

Look at who comes to back up the "Tea Party is racist." TM, Swallow, Marc, .com... Soon RW/Zona/Chris/Shaman will be here to agree that in fact, the Tea Party is racist lol.

And you noobs wonder why no one gives a shit about the crap you post? Obama goes to a KNOWN RACIST CHURCH for like 20 + years and have any of you ever even started a thread about it? You're just mad because after 3 years of attacking the TP you lost, they are huge, get people elected and have many supporters that are not, how do the bigots put it, "white old Republicans?" hahaha.

So go ahead, sit around nodding yes to each other to help ensure you’re not full of shit… Too bad fact is near the rest of the country does not agree with you and prolly has family that are in the TP.

Obama's church was not racist, repeating over and over again isn't going to make it fact.

LOL!

Look at who comes to back up the "Tea Party is racist." TM, Swallow, Marc, .com... Soon RW/Zona/Chris/Shaman will be here to agree that in fact, the Tea Party is racist lol.

And you noobs wonder why no one gives a shit about the crap you post? Obama goes to a KNOWN RACIST CHURCH for like 20 + years and have any of you ever even started a thread about it? You're just mad because after 3 years of attacking the TP you lost, they are huge, get people elected and have many supporters that are not, how do the bigots put it, "white old Republicans?" hahaha.

So go ahead, sit around nodding yes to each other to help ensure you’re not full of shit… Too bad fact is near the rest of the country does not agree with you and prolly has family that are in the TP.

Obama's church was not racist, repeating over and over again isn't going to make it fact.

Denying it don't make it any less true.

Fact is Wright's church is RACIST!!

THE BLACK VALUE SYSTEM

WHITE VALUE SYSTEM

Which value system is racist?

And there it is: Black conservatives aren't really black.

150 years ago, you'd have helped the master track down escaped slaves, wouldn't you?

I never said that. Nor implied it. Liar.

Today’s Tea Party supporters are disproportionately white social conservatives, who, Campbell and Putnam say, “had a low regard for immigrants and blacks long before Barack Obama was president, and still do.”
Article dismissed as leftist agenda-driven horseshit.

Partisantard dave has no evidence to rebut thus he labels anything he doesn't agree with as leftist.
You choose to believe the "study" because it reinforces your own bigotry and you're too weak-minded to think for yourself.

One day you may learn the difference between fact and opinion. But I doubt it.

New Topics

Forum List

Back