Where does the stimulus money go?

Where does stimulus money go? That's a great question. Ask the rich. They are getting that money the same way they get all the other money the goverment prints. hard work...or corruption, your guess is as good as mine

The rich aren't exactly who you think they are.

The rich supported Obama. Wanna know what he's doing with all of that Stimulus cash?

Check out Recovery.gov.

Learn that millions was given to nonexistent districts all over the country.

Another tidbit you might want to know is the type of donors that Booooooshh had and Obama had were not much different. Both only got 26% from small donations. The rest came from donors that gave several thousands of dollars.

Because of the lack of transparency and accuracy in accounting of the Stimulus money it looks like it's just one huge Democrat Slush-fund. God only knows where all of that cash went. It sure didn't go to saving or creating jobs.

Yes, the rich did get richer, and it happened under Obama.

Most of the stimulus money is still trickling its way down. No big rich man conspiracy. Just taking awhile.

The insecurity sales business is another matter

Is stimulus money used for creating jobs or buying support for HC bill? In recent days, Arlen Specter couldn't say enough times how AARP backs the health care plan. I guess he was trying to get the most milage from the $18 million in stimulus money "given" to the AARP. Kind of makes you wonder just how much stimulus cash that was suppose to be creating or saving jobs is going to garner support for the Health Care and Global Warming agendas? I can only assume they get support for their cockamame agendas the old fashioned way: They buy it, we get to pay for it.

AARP, which has given its full-throated support to Democratic health care legislation even though seniors remain largely opposed, received an $18 million grant in the economic stimulus package for a job training program that has not created any jobs, according to the Obama administration's Recovery.gov website.

The Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP), according to the website, is "a work training program for unemployed mature workers who are 55+ and are at or below 125% of the poverty guidelines." So far, $6.5 million has been spent on the program, and it has not reported creating any jobs.

AARP Received $18 Million In Stimulus Money

Those suppose to be "shovel ready" jobs, eh?

Ame®icano;1628924 said:
Obama's advisers predicted and Obama announced that his stimulus package would hold unemployment at or below 8 percent. It's becoming painfully obvious that they were wrong about the whole stimulus bill. If you look the purpose of the stimulus bill, it's suppose to create jobs. Some of those jobs should have been created in order to fix the infrastructure like unsafe bridges.

Rhode Island has scored at the top of the "Deficient Bridges List" with over 55%, as shown at the State by State map.

I don't know how much money Rhode Island is going to spend on fixing bridges, but they certainly have some other priorities for stimulus money. $550K in stimulus cash will help pay for skateboard park

Your original question- where does the stimulus money go, is the best I have heard all day. Beats me. They are stating that they created almost 1 million jobs but on closer inspection many of those jobs created came from congressional districts that don't exist and some that stated jobs created never got any stimulus money to begin with. Now they want to run 6% of our economy in health care. That's laughable.:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ame®icano;1741822 said:
Is stimulus money used for creating jobs or buying support for HC bill? In recent days, Arlen Specter couldn't say enough times how AARP backs the health care plan. I guess he was trying to get the most milage from the $18 million in stimulus money "given" to the AARP. Kind of makes you wonder just how much stimulus cash that was suppose to be creating or saving jobs is going to garner support for the Health Care and Global Warming agendas? I can only assume they get support for their cockamame agendas the old fashioned way: They buy it, we get to pay for it.

AARP, which has given its full-throated support to Democratic health care legislation even though seniors remain largely opposed, received an $18 million grant in the economic stimulus package for a job training program that has not created any jobs, according to the Obama administration's Recovery.gov website.

The Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP), according to the website, is "a work training program for unemployed mature workers who are 55+ and are at or below 125% of the poverty guidelines." So far, $6.5 million has been spent on the program, and it has not reported creating any jobs.

Right on and Spector was at it again today stating AARP backs the senate health care reform bill, does anyone have to wonder why. How do you spell CORRUPTION.:clap2::clap2:

Last edited:
Your original question- where does the stimulus money go, is the best I have heard all day. Beats me. They are stating that they created almost 1 million jobs but on closer inspection many of those jobs created came from congressional districts that don't exist and some that stated jobs created never got any stimulus money to begin with. Now they want to run 6% of our economy in health care. That's laughable.:lol::lol::lol::lol:

cartoon031.gif

Ame®icano;1741822 said:

Right on and Spector was at it again today stating AARP backs the senate health care reform bill, does anyone have to wonder why. How do you spell CORRUPTION.:clap2::clap2:

He's bragging about AARP support since last sunday.

While we're at it, does anyone understand how AARP can support the HC bill even when their own members - seniors, doesn't?

But stimulus is boring. Let's talk about the gaps in Medicare here.

We know it starts at 65 with a few exceptions. But what if a senior (60 +) loses his or her job at sixty and has no medical coverage??????? Sorta sucks you might say.

Then consider that Medicare A requires about forty percent of the people to pay. Humm, that is not good for them if they are out of money.

"If you (or your spouse) didn’t pay Medicare taxes while you worked
and you are age 65 or older, you may still be able to apply for Part A,
but you will have to pay a premium. You pay up to $423 each month
in 2008 if you don’t get premium-free Part A. Th is amount changes
each year."

AARP in their position is representing about half of the seniors out there who who do not have coverage.

Last edited:
But stimulus is boring. Let's talk about the gaps in Medicare here.

We know it starts at 65 with a few exceptions. But what if a senior (60 +) loses his or her job at sixty and has no medical coverage??????? Sorta sucks you might say.

Then consider that Medicare A requires about forty percent of the people to pay. Humm, that is not good for them if they are out of money.

"If you (or your spouse) didn’t pay Medicare taxes while you worked
and you are age 65 or older, you may still be able to apply for Part A,
but you will have to pay a premium. You pay up to $423 each month
in 2008 if you don’t get premium-free Part A. Th is amount changes
each year."

AARP in their position is representing about half of the seniors out there who who do not have coverage.

That is what happen when government controlling things. With this HC wont be any better, just worse. Rationing will increase tenfold. If you wanna continue talking about health care, open new topic and invite me there, this topic is about where money from stimulus is going.

"That's why we voted for him..."

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOZ-Etb0k0Q"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOZ-Etb0k0Q[/ame]

The author of spectator.org has written an excellent article. You have made your point and there is not much to argue about. It is like the following universal truth that you can not argue with: Universal Truths are not necessarily consecutively numbered Thanks for the info.

Forum List

Back