Where does Lincoln rank

Every Libertarian I know says he's the worst ever. I'd probably have him in the top 20. This is like picking steak bits out of a simmering cauldron of dogshit though.

You don't think Washington sold the Patriots out with the Jay treaty? He was a major reason for the national bank that Jackson later got rid of....

I never said he was Perfect. However, he made probably one of the toughest decisions ANY POTUS has ever had to make, made it right, and then proceeded to explain to the world what a POTUS should be in his final speech. That decision..... The decision NOT TO allow the people of the United States to make him a King or a permanent President. For that act alone, George Washington has to be one of the Top 2 Presidents of the United States in history.

Why Jackson? Please elucidate.

The last actual CONSERVATIVE to serve as an elected offician in the US Federal Government and one of very few true CONSERVATIVES to actually hold the Office of the President. A true American Hero. A man who put AMERICAN Interests first and foremost in his mind. A man who believed in the Greatness of America. A man who didn't compromise his positions or his principles.

1-2.....oops, I thought you meant rank as in smell....he had that reputation you know...Toe jam you know......

anyway, no. 1-2....no doubt.;)

Why Jackson? Please elucidate.

The last actual CONSERVATIVE to serve as an elected offician in the US Federal Government and one of very few true CONSERVATIVES to actually hold the Office of the President. A true American Hero. A man who put AMERICAN Interests first and foremost in his mind. A man who believed in the Greatness of America. A man who didn't compromise his positions or his principles.

That all sounds very nice, but how about a specific action or a policy of substance? That's what I had in mind.

That all sounds very nice, but how about a specific action or a policy of substance? That's what I had in mind.

Let's see.....

He paid off the entire National Debt.
He invoked tarrifs on goods coming in from foreign countries.
He moved people unwilling to assimilate into society off American land (indians)
He opposed the National Bank.

How's that for a start?

Forum List

Back