Where do you stand?

No Real surprises here...

Lib 87%
Rep 84%
Grn 52%
Dem 41%
Soc 11%

The Green thing does bother me -- but it's mostly about Foreign policy issues. They have NO CHANCE of my vote --- but I do admire them for being a 3rd party choice that works hard to get on ballots.

• Banned
I side with Republican the most, but only by 2% points.

I'm a mixed bag. :cool:

Very mixed indeed, but at least you lean the right way. I notice that people who lean libertarian/right have a wider range of views.

It's my perception that liberals are less likely to stray from the agenda, although some certainly do. I had a friend from San Fransicko who promoted the moonbat messiah in 2008 by helping to register people. She registered homeless people a lot, which she said sort of bothered her because some of them were clearly out of their minds, but wanted the free sandwiches.

However once she found out obozo voted for infanticide she stopped her support. She was also pro-2A in addition to rabidly pro-life.

Other than those 2 issues she was a complete moonbat.

I think it's kind of a dumb survey that is worded and framed from the pov of today's right-wingers.

Like, if I support repealing the ban on travel and trade with Cuba, why is that a liberal or libertarian issue? That's just a common sense issue, no matter who you vote for. Trade is good for business and we're no longer living in the 50's.

Same with the science questions. The correct answer is the Theory of Evolution and the other correct answer is that Global Warming is indeed a problem. Those are not political issues anywhere except in the minds of stupid people who willingly decide to ignore reality.

It's not a political issue to have Medicare. Poverty among our seniors was totally wiped out because of that program. I put that it should be reformed, because it does need reforms, but I'm not a leftist for saying that the program is actually effective.

Medicare is actually way better business sense for all of us. Is it better that a few of your tax dollars helps to go to make sure seniors can be taken care of or is it better for an uninsured senior who has incurred a $10 million debt for us to have to settle?

If you answered that we should go all private instead of having Medicare, what you're actually saying is that we should pay 100 times more to cover the debts that ill seniors leave us than preventing that debt by having just a few of our dollars go to taking care of them within a system that is much more affordable to us all.

Obamacare is a right-wing plan. It's a hybrid of Bob Dole and Mitt Romney's plan. It's pro-business in almost every aspect and keeps the system private. When I used to vote Republican, part of it was on the basis of self responsibility. You must have insurance. But the minute the black guy took power and passed it, Republicans treated me like I was an idiot for supporting what I've always supported. If you voted that you agree with Obamacare, that does not make you a leftist.

If you voted for more offshore drilling, than you're actually voting for more taxpayer money to have to pay for the fact that they don't have the means necessary to plug leaks deeper and deeper out in the ocean. That's totally inefficient. A rational conservative-minded person would tell you that it's better for business if BP had adhered to a very basic set of rules. Would have prevented that spill. Would have saved BP money. Would have saved taxpayer money for having to help all those unemployed people out that BP wasn't able to take care of.

It says I agree with Democrats 81% of the time.

Libertarians 66% of the time.

Greens 60%.

Republicans 18%, though it says "no major issues", which is sad, because a lot of the issues I voted for I find are perfectly rational, conservative-minded issues.

This survey shows just how ridiculously far to the right the right has moved to in recent years in this country that a rather centrist to conservative position on a number of things scores as liberal now.

Weird.

Last edited:
I think it's kind of a dumb survey that is worded and framed from the pov of today's right-wingers.

Like, if I support repealing the ban on travel and trade with Cuba, why is that a liberal or libertarian issue? That's just a common sense issue, no matter who you vote for. Trade is good for business and we're no longer living in the 50's.

Same with the science questions. The correct answer is the Theory of Evolution and the other correct answer is that Global Warming is indeed a problem. Those are not political issues anywhere except in the minds of stupid people who willingly decide to ignore reality.

It's not a political issue to have Medicare. Poverty among our seniors was totally wiped out because of that program. I put that it should be reformed, because it does need reforms, but I'm not a leftist for saying that the program is actually effective.

Medicare is actually way better business sense for all of us. Is it better that a few of your tax dollars helps to go to make sure seniors can be taken care of or is it better for an uninsured senior who has incurred a $10 million debt for us to have to settle?

If you answered that we should go all private instead of having Medicare, what you're actually saying is that we should pay 100 times more to cover the debts that ill seniors leave us than preventing that debt by having just a few of our dollars go to taking care of them within a system that is much more affordable to us all.

Obamacare is a right-wing plan. It's a hybrid of Bob Dole and Mitt Romney's plan. It's pro-business in almost every aspect and keeps the system private. When I used to vote Republican, part of it was on the basis of self responsibility. You must have insurance. But the minute the black guy took power and passed it, Republicans treated me like I was an idiot for supporting what I've always supported. If you voted that you agree with Obamacare, that does not make you a leftist.

If you voted for more offshore drilling, than you're actually voting for more taxpayer money to have to pay for the fact that they don't have the means necessary to plug leaks deeper and deeper out in the ocean. That's totally inefficient. A rational conservative-minded person would tell you that it's better for business if BP had adhered to a very basic set of rules. Would have prevented that spill. Would have saved BP money. Would have saved taxpayer money for having to help all those unemployed people out that BP wasn't able to take care of.

It says I agree with Democrats 81% of the time.

Libertarians 66% of the time.

Greens 60%.

Republicans 18%, though it says "no major issues", which is sad, because a lot of the issues I voted for I find are perfectly rational, conservative-minded issues.

This survey shows just how ridiculously far to the right the right has moved to in recent years in this country that a rather centrist to conservative position on a number of things scores as liberal now.

Weird.

Normalization with Cuba is opposed almost singly by Repubs. Especially the Miami Cuban caucus of the Rep party..

Global Warming has been ridden to Death by the left. Using it as a convienient vehicle for control of energy policy and as a potential income enhancer for the govt. The EPA subverts science by declaring CO2 a pollutant. Some thinking people are alarmed by that.

The only reason I would object to "normalized" relations with Cuba is that the island is frozen in time.
It's one of my "bucket list" places to visit.

Can you imagine the total trashing of their heritage and culture once the U.S. Department of Marketing gets hold of it?

The only reason I would object to "normalized" relations with Cuba is that the island is frozen in time.

Can you imagine the total trashing of their heritage and culture once the U.S. Department of Marketing gets hold of it?

Let them have their poverty-stricken culture with the heritage of 50 years of food rationing, who cares?

Let them have their poverty-stricken culture with the heritage of 50 years of food rationing, who cares?

Sure it's a shit hole, but that culture and history and society is basically untarnished.

And the biodiversity has flourished for lack of commercial development...

Cuba may have been restricted politically and economically for the past 50 years, but its borders have remained open to wildlife for which Cuba’s undeveloped islands are an irresistible draw. While many islands in the Caribbean have poisoned or paved over their ecological riches on land and in the sea in pursuit of a growing tourist industry, Cuba’s wild landscapes have remained virtually untouched, creating a safe haven for rare and intriguing indigenous animals, as well as for hundreds of species of migrating birds and marine creatures.

Watch Cuba: The Accidental Eden Online | Full Episode | Nature | PBS

Sure it's a shit hole, but that culture and history and society is basically untarnished.

Cuba may have been restricted politically and economically for the past 50 years, but its borders have remained open to wildlife for which Cuba’s undeveloped islands are an irresistible draw. While many islands in the Caribbean have poisoned or paved over their ecological riches on land and in the sea in pursuit of a growing tourist industry, Cuba’s wild landscapes have remained virtually untouched, creating a safe haven for rare and intriguing indigenous animals, as well as for hundreds of species of migrating birds and marine creatures.

That's a fascinating take on it. I still think the embargo should end. I'm half Cuban and my grandmother hasn't spoken to her relatives there in over 50 years. All for foolish pride.

That's a fascinating take on it. I still think the embargo should end. I'm half Cuban and my grandmother hasn't spoken to her relatives there in over 50 years. All for foolish pride.

What would be the fruits of a lifted embargo? I could speculate, but I'd appreciate your perspective on this notion.

What would be the fruits of a lifted embargo? I could speculate, but I'd appreciate your perspective on this notion.

I imagine the fruits would be small right now. But over time they could become very important. They've been our enemies for decades. A few years back everyone was talking about "winning the hearts and minds" of our enemies. Shutting them out and closing dialogue is a COLOSSAL failure of foreign policy on the part of America.

Cuba should be booming right now. They'd be a top destination for everyone in this country. They're the closest tropical Caribbean island to us in the world.

We can SEE THEM from Key West. Why haven't we handled that problem in all these years?

It's funny you mention that. Liberals here in this country go through extraordinary lengths to retard development here all for the sake of "biodiversity".

Who would have thought the bed wetter agenda could actually fulfill it's intended purpose.

Forum List

Back