objectivity?

trying to find a good news outlet

and what makes a good news source?

reputation?
credibility?
identifiable opinions?
objectivity?

The key is not to find a news outlet. Find several, and when possible, look at the original source of the topic (a document, actual and entire interview, etc.)

Let the journalists alert you to a story, or more likely a piece of the story; but never let a journalist think for you. Find the info yourself and interpret the actual facts yourself.

My 2 cents.

Nowhere in particular, since I have little interest in the run of the mill, flavor of the week, latest blow-up because Michele-made-a-mean-face type crap. If a story hangs around for longer than a week then I will go somewhere and look into it, usually everything on the first google search results page.

I come right here to USMB for all important breaking news. I'm certain to get a fair objective explanation of all the days news.

I like to Watch a Little of everything, and read as much as I can. I get a kick out of the Different Biases and how Poorly they all hide them. Then I try to find that Sweet spot between the 2 lines of BS where the Truth Lies. :)

I get all of my news from "Lakhota", "rdean", "BDBoop", and all the other leftists in this forum.

I believe that the leftists are honest, objective, fair, factual, mature, and I really like the way that leftists welcome alternative ideas and opinions.

But, then again, I also like to pull out my toenails with rusty pliers, sit in a bathtub full of scissors, drink Drano on-the-rocks, stick lighted firecrackers down my pants, and slam ice picks in my ears.

francoHFW HMS Warspite Member #32338

Join Date: Sep 2011 Location: NY 26th FINALLY DEM! Posts: 5,746 Thanks: 185 Thanked 427 Times in 373 Posts Rep Power: 8

Ditto, but mainly networks, PBS, BBC, NYT and Buffalo News, also Randi, Stephanie, check Rush for total RW BS.K
—--------------
Rush isn't a news outlet he reads from a lot of state run sources and proves the story to be whatever it is with past contradictions or points out other sources. Now its hilarious but we know its most all slanted opinion pieces in the mainstream media now.
I would recommend Drude or your favorite TV news channel
Pick a couple like Drudge from the right and a couple from the left and compare.

and what makes a good news source?

reputation?
credibility?
identifiable opinions?
objectivity?

Trying to find a good news source?

Do you realize that just about everyone here knows that this is a bullshit claim? Whybdon't you just be honest about what it is you are trying to say/get others to say?

I get all of my news from "Lakhota", "rdean", "BDBoop", and all the other leftists in this forum.

I believe that the leftists are honest, objective, fair, factual, mature, and I really like the way that leftists welcome alternative ideas and opinions.

But, then again, I also like to pull out my toenails with rusty pliers, sit in a bathtub full of scissors, drink Drano on-the-rocks, stick lighted firecrackers down my pants, and slam ice picks in my ears.

Oh...so what you mean is FOXNews and AM Radio....yeah...we new that already.

Forum List

Back