Where do you find good unbiased news?

Where do you find good unbiased news? I realize that all news organizations are biased to some extent, however some clearly have an agenda. Here is what I came up with. Do you agree? If not where would you turn to get fair news coverage?

The Best:
BBC News
Christian Science Monitor
Washington Post
PBS
CNN

The Worst:
Fox News
MSNBC
EIB Network
Air American

What about the Internet? I have no idea. There are loads of news web sites but most have strong right or left leanings.

THE EIB network. What are you doing looking for news from a network that is all about a Pundit and his radio show? It does not deserve to be on this list because it does not claim to be a news Network.

Where do you find good unbiased news? I realize that all news organizations are biased to some extent, however some clearly have an agenda. Here is what I came up with. Do you agree? If not where would you turn to get fair news coverage?

The Best:
BBC News
Washington Post
PBS
CNN

The Worst:
Fox News
MSNBC
EIB Network
Air American

What about the Internet? I have no idea. There are loads of news web sites but most have strong right or left leanings.

There is no unbiased news anymore.

How do you get unbiased news? What you do is listen to several different news programs from the different viewpoints out there, read several publications each with their known spin on issues, read some interent outlets, then take all that information and decide what YOU think is the truth.

Its always hiding right behind the spin.

Independent media. Ixnay on all the corporate-sponsored outlets - on TV, print and radio.

ALL sources have a bias. ALL of them. I prefer perusing reporting from journalists whose bias happens to be either citizens' interests, the environment, social justice, etc., rather than from sources biased by the fact that their paychecks and career are tied to the success of the corporate master who owns the enterprise they're reporting for.

Pacifica Radio - excellent

Greg Palast, Jeremy Scahill, William Greider - excellent investigative journalists

BuzzFlash - excelllent central hub (contains both indy and corporate-sponsored sources, but from all over)

Firedoglake, Crooks and Liars, TPM Muckracker and The Rude Pundit - excellent blogs

Apparently, the folks at FAUX Noise give (all three) Thumbs UP to Weekly World News!!!

"Anchors at the Fox News national morning news show "Fox and Friends" reported Tuesday that the city of Los Angeles had ordered 10,000 jetpacks for its police and fire departments. The price tag: a whopping $100,000 per unit. :eek:

For those doing the math at home, the cash-strapped city of Los Angeles, which is regularly sending its police detectives home because it can't pay all their overtime, allegedly shelled out a billion dollars on space-age transportation that it has never used in an emergency situation, much less tested.

"Fox and Friends" reported that the jetpacks can reach speeds of 63 miles an hour and reach an altitude of 8,000 feet.

Co-host Gretchen Carlson said that while she was "all for buying stuff up and helping the capitalism and all that" she wondered whether the costs would be prohibitive in a bad economy.

Brian Kilmeade wondered about possible safety issues.

“You gotta make up some rules Kilmeade said. “Because you’re going to have jetpacks flying into choppers

249.gif

This is a really tough question.

The short answer is read a lot of different things from all sides, use your brain to weed out the bullshit, and try to form an independent common sense opinion.

Or is you don't want to use your brain, watch FOX or MSNBC. They are both quite capable of telling you what to beleive, one to the right and the other to the left.

The less I watch the news, the happier I am.

Now I depend on you guys mostly to bring me the issues of the day.

I'm more interested in how you guys take the news than the news itself, since I have so little confidence that the news I'm getting is on the level.

But how you folks take it and run with it?

That is, I think, as important as the news (well, most of it, at least) itself.

I think most of you focus way too much on politics and what the talking heads are saying, of course.

But then that's because I am not a partisan like so many of you are.

Did you Dems know, for example, that the Senate just passed a way that will FORCE the states to accept foreclosure evidence from out of state, regardless of what they think of it?

Now seriously, does that appear to you guys, you Dems who think that the D party is the party of the little guy, to be something that is GOOD for you?

Basically the Dems just gave the big banks the right to ram through foreclosers based solely on evidence that the state courts do NOT get to reject as uncertain, unclear, or outright fraudulent.

Now that passed in the Senate unanimously.

Don't you think that is rather an odd thing for the party that claims to be defending the little guy from the big money boys to have passed?

BOTH PARTIES had absolutely no problem getting that through the Senate, folks.

It's time for some of you, at least, to take off your partisan blinders and start THINKING about what events like this REALLY MEAN.

CNN Neutral?? Hardly

Depends on the host and the time of day. It's a 24 hour news network so it is hardly uniform at how it slants news.

On the OP: The best way is to get a bunch of sources. The Daily Show is about the closest you can get to the middle ground, but that's not a real news show in as much as a commentary on the news. If you want totally unfiltered political news, your only real bet is CSPAN.

The Best:
BBC News
Washington Post
PBS
CNN

The Worst:
Fox News
MSNBC
EIB Network
Air American

PBS is very far to the left. They are just nicer about it.

Your best bet is to take stories from FOX and MSNBC. There you will get the left and right slant on the news, inbetween is the truth.

Canada!!!!!

:clap2:

"As America's middle class battles for its survival on the Wisconsin barricades -- against various Koch Oil surrogates and the corporate toadies at Fox News -- fans of enlightenment, democracy and justice can take comfort from a significant victory north of Wisconsin border. Fox News will not be moving into Canada after all! The reason: Canada regulators announced last week they would reject efforts by Canada's right wing Prime Minister, Stephen Harper, to repeal a law that forbids lying on broadcast news."

FYouLittleBoy.gif

The Washington Post is good. Fox News Channel and Fox Business News are my favorites because they have conservatives AND liberals on as guests. I can hear both sides on those shows I watch on FOX.

Canada!!!!!

"As America's middle class battles for its survival on the Wisconsin barricades -- against various Koch Oil surrogates and the corporate toadies at Fox News -- fans of enlightenment, democracy and justice can take comfort from a significant victory north of Wisconsin border. Fox News will not be moving into Canada after all! The reason: Canada regulators announced last week they would reject efforts by Canada's right wing Prime Minister, Stephen Harper, to repeal a law that forbids lying on broadcast news."

FYouLittleBoy.gif

Fox News is carried all over Canada. Just so you know that you're being lied to as you rant about lies. :lol:

Canada!!!!!

FYouLittleBoy.gif

Fox News is carried all over Canada. Just so you know that you're being lied to as you rant about lies. :lol:

Hmm just stayed in a holiday inn express in Windsor Ontario last week. No Fox, No CNN, the only choice that I even recognized, MSNBC or the BBC.

Forum List

Back