Where do we draw the line?

There was once a day that people in this nation went to war over a 3% tax. What's it going to take for our soft society to say "enough is enough"?

I dunno, why don't you ask those people who were shouting "hands off my medicare!"...

There was once a day that people in this nation went to war over a 3% tax. What's it going to take for our soft society to say "enough is enough"?

I dunno, why don't you ask those people who were shouting "hands off my medicare!"...

So, this means that only those over 65 on Medicare should fight for 'what's right', and the younger people are just letting government do what they want, while texting their lives away? Don't look now but those that fought against that 3% tax were ALL young.
If the younger people, today, want to save this country, then let more of them get off their collective butts and join ALL the citizens, young and old in fighting against those in D.C. that are running the country like it is their own private computer game and thumbing their noses at anyone who dares call them on it.
There are lots of savey young people trying to take this nation back from many of these invasive slugs in Washington D.C.

A. When they deny grandma her life saving operation.
B. When you get a voucher good next week in the bread line.
C. When they tell you a job will be available in six months, as they hand you your health care coverage fine.
D. When they laugh and tell us Social Security really can't be saved.

This nation never went to war over a 3% tax

They went to war over a lack of representation. We the people have elected our representatives to take care of our interests. Anyone who is not satisfied is free to vote the offenders out of office. Yet we continue to reelect the same people.

They went to war over a lack of representation. We the people have elected our representatives to take care of our interests. Anyone who is not satisfied is free to vote the offenders out of office. Yet we continue to reelect the same people.
Only to be replaced with more of the same feces the two parties feed us, none of which represent us.

Last edited:

That was just a cover because you know people were just pissed off about being taxed so they came up with some excuse why they shouldn't like "no taxation without representation".

That was just a cover because you know people were just pissed off about being taxed so they came up with some excuse why they shouldn't like "no taxation without representation".

We were still taxed after the war.

Actually the reason for the 3% tax was to pay for the Brittish troops assigned to protect the Colonials from the Indians

We're missing the point. The point is that the Colonists tolerated a whole lot less than today's American society. Today's society will take all of the shit they give us as long as they keep us fed and entertained. The majority of Americans have no self-respect.

During the 50's and 60's, the tax rate was between 75 and 90% for the very wealthy. During that time, a CEO would make 10 to 20 times the lowest paid person at his company.

Now, CEO's make two the three HUNDRED times what the lowest paid person makes. AND a billionaire such as Warren Buffet points out that, percentage wise, he pays less taxes on his multi hundred million dollar income than his secretary who makes only 50 grand.

Republicans have been tools of the rich for years. They have no clue who pays for the wars they want more of. It's the party of Fools.

You see it is kind of ridiculous for people who have high speed internet on their top of the line computer, 48" flat screen hdtv, 1000 cable channels, 4 bedroom houses with central air, 2 cars in the garage, vacations trips twice a year, etc complaining about the burden of taxation and speaking about revolution regarding our taxation rate.

You see it is kind of ridiculous for people who have high speed internet on their top of the line computer, 48" flat screen hdtv, 1000 cable channels, 4 bedroom houses with central air, 2 cars in the garage, vacations trips twice a year, etc complaining about the burden of taxation and speaking about revolution regarding our taxation rate.

Gee I have a 5 bedroom house with central air and two old vehicles, none of the other stuff. I my go on vacation in February for a week. The first in over nine years. I'll take issue on taxes as long as there is waste, pork barrel spending and handout programs.

During the 50's and 60's, the tax rate was between 75 and 90% for the very wealthy. During that time, a CEO would make 10 to 20 times the lowest paid person at his company.

Now, CEO's make two the three HUNDRED times what the lowest paid person makes. AND a billionaire such as Warren Buffet points out that, percentage wise, he pays less taxes on his multi hundred million dollar income than his secretary who makes only 50 grand.

Republicans have been tools of the rich for years. They have no clue who pays for the wars they want more of. It's the party of Fools.

Good argument for a flat income tax rate, isn't it?

Gee I have a 5 bedroom house with central air and two old vehicles, none of the other stuff. I my go on vacation in February for a week. The first in over nine years. I'll take issue on taxes as long as there is waste, pork barrel spending and handout programs.

Americans are fat, dumb and happy. Like noose4 said, we have it too good to remotely consider a revolution. To even imply that our condition today is even close to that of colonial America does a disservice to our founding fathers

Can you not see the difference between take issue with and revolution?

And without any for the poor.

You seem to think the poor would be your biggest problem in trying to get this passed. The rich aren't going to lay down and let their breaks be taken away to put in a flat tax rate.

Question is, are you going to tax everyone no matter what the income?

And without any for the poor.

You seem to think the poor would be your biggest problem in trying to get this passed. The rich aren't going to lay down and let their breaks be taken away to put in a flat tax rate.

Question is, are you going to tax everyone no matter what the income?

Don't presume to tell me what I think.

How about this for a tax code,
Take the budget, divide it equally among every citizen and make each one pay the exact same amount. Hopefully for you, your parents can pay your share, since you aren't gainfully employed or paying taxes yet.

Forum List

Back