Where do we draw the line

snakedoc

Rookie
Jan 20, 2012
In the healthcare law we have the mandate that you must be healthcare or face a fine. So my question is where would you draw the line at what the Government can mandate you buy or face a fine with how far is to far?

In the healthcare law we have the mandate that you must be healthcare or face a fine. So my question is where would you draw the line at what the Government can mandate you buy or face a fine with how far is to far?

That is exactly what the SCOTUS is determined to rule upon. This could be the most important question they face this decade. Let's hope they get it right.

Is the fine more than the cost of the premiums?? Will they garnish your wages if you don't comply?? If you don't purchase it, will you be denied emergency health care??

Americans deserve the same quality of care that other civilized countries enjoy, the same quality of insurance that we now pay for our congress to have.

I watched a news segment today from Cuba where American universities are now sending medical doctor students because they learn more and its less costly.

We cannot allow the R's to continue their all out race to the bottom just because they are owned by big business. We need to force them to work FOR the United States instead of foreign banks and foreign companies - as Mittens now does.

Americans deserve the same quality of care that other civilized countries enjoy, the same quality of insurance that we now pay for our congress to have.

I watched a news segment today from Cuba where American universities are now sending medical doctor students because they learn more and its less costly.

We cannot allow the R's to continue their all out race to the bottom just because they are owned by big business. We need to force them to work FOR the United States instead of foreign banks and foreign companies - as Mittens now does.

Three small paragraphs, and you didn't even allude to the original question. Instead of trying to have a discussion with people you went straight into partisan hack mode.:clap2:

In case you missed it, the original question was how far can the government go with forcing citizens to purchase commodities? A treadmill in every home could greatly benefit the US due to the obesity problem, so then can the government force everyone to buy a treadmill or be fined?

The line should be about where profit taking costs lives. There are better ideas out there that do not even take into account the bottom line of the insurance company middle men but we had to preserve their business at all costs. We have the mandate for no other reason than people not even involved with treating the sick could stay fat. Throw those greedy bastards overboard, institute a single-payer system, constitutional crisis solved.

Why don't all you freeloaders just get together, form a club, and give yourselves free healthcare?

Oh wait.

You want somebody else to pay for it.

The line should be about where profit taking costs lives. There are better ideas out there that do not even take into account the bottom line of the insurance company middle men but we had to preserve their business at all costs. We have the mandate for no other reason than people not even involved with treating the sick could stay fat. Throw those greedy bastards overboard, institute a single-payer system, constitutional crisis solved.

You need an entry level job at a Taco Bell.

You need an entry level job at a Taco Bell.

You can't spell assumption without ass.

Where do we draw the line?

Between the two points . . . .

But serially folks, as it pertains to "where would you draw the line at what the Government can mandate you buy or face a fine with," I believe the answer is I draw the line where it already is.

The government (State Government that is) can compel me to buy accident insurance as a condition to me getting a license and driving a car. I'm ok with that.

They can make me "buy" education for my kids and stuff they need to eat and thrive.

And that's pretty much it.

Forum List

Back