Where do they go?

I'd like a serious attempt at an answer...if you can't give one, go away.

Are you asking about the body or the "soul" ??
The soul.

A good deal of that answer depends on what you believe. Religious people will say a heaven. Some believe in reincarnation. Others believe that this is it and there is nothing after you die.

Where do you feel they go ravi?

I think you like to argue. I'll give it a shot though. I believe your Spirit resides in the Flesh for a time, a life time, Where it was before, or where it goes next, is not for us to know. The focus is on what you do with it and how, while you're here. There is both positive and negative action, which is for each to realize and learn from.

What do you think Ravi???
I dunno...I never really thought about it before. I found out that someone I cared for died yesterday and I just wondered how people got past death.

Sorry for your loss Ravi, but your friend is in a better place. Wouldn't come back here even if he/she had a choice now.

You'll see them again. Remember them fondly until then.

Are you asking about the body or the "soul" ??
The soul.

A good deal of that answer depends on what you believe. Religious people will say a heaven. Some believe in reincarnation. Others believe that this is it and there is nothing after you die.

:confused: I don't know, Syrenn...one of my favorite old time movies was where the main character poured his wife's ashes into the water and "returned" her to the earth to be a part of everything.

The soul.

:confused: I don't know, Syrenn...one of my favorite old time movies was where the main character poured his wife's ashes into the water and "returned" her to the earth to be a part of everything.

That would be returning the remains of her body to the earth to become one with everything. I feel that there is more to us then our bodies.

I think you like to argue. I'll give it a shot though. I believe your Spirit resides in the Flesh for a time, a life time, Where it was before, or where it goes next, is not for us to know. The focus is on what you do with it and how, while you're here. There is both positive and negative action, which is for each to realize and learn from.

I dunno...I never really thought about it before. I found out that someone I cared for died yesterday and I just wondered how people got past death.

Time is the only thing that will get you past the loss of a loved one.
The hurt grows smaller with the passage of time.
and there is no way around the sense of loss. If you are a caring person you will have and just must endure it.

Sorry for your loss...Time passes death...You live in the present..Retain your good memories and treasure whatever inspiration there is...

I suspect that when you die, your conscience gets transported into which ever baby (or babby) is gaining consciousness at the exact same time. Some babies don't get a new conscience, which is where the terms new soul and old soul is based on. Most everything you completely forget, but some things linger with you. Which explains deja-vu, and sublime dreams.

Moral of the story: your existence on Earth is a never-ending cycle of heaven or hell, sometimes both; it's whatever you make of it. This is all based on the idea that energy doesn't die, it just changes, and I believe consciousness is a form of energy.

I realize this shit is really out there, but there it is. I do drugs. :dunno:

I'm sorry for your loss and shouldn't have left a stupid answer.

I'm relatively agnostic and don't really know. Sometimes when we have dying patients at work, I can tell at the threshold of the patients room that they have died before I even enter. I do wonder where the energy and vitality goes. It seems that it should go somewhere.

Most people believe there are three components to the human being: 1) a physical body which is what we see and touch; 2) mind or personality/identity/intellect which is how the person relates to others and his/her environment and makes him/her a unique individual; 3) spirit which is the eternal body that continues on when the mortal body dies.

What precisely happens to that spiritual body at the time of death is not known until we experience it. Perhaps it simply steps across a threshhold into the next life. Perhaps it is transported direct to God. Perhaps it tarries here on Earth for awhile in the manner described by people who believe they have had out of body experiences in which the spirit did leave the body for a short time. Perhaps it is somewhat different for each. I don't know. I do know I will find out.

Where do sentient beings go when they die? To one of six realms of existence; animal, human, deva, hell, god realm and hungry ghost realm, according to their karma. Each realm corresponds to a poison of the mind, ignorance, desire, pride, jealousy, and anger.

Last edited:
They don't go anywhere.

Either their mortal remains get buried or burned up.

And when they're dead, they're dead. Lights out, game over, the end.
How do you know that, though?

I don't know for sure.

But when you consider the number of people who have lived and died since the beginning of time and not a single one of those countless billions have some how found a way to get back and let us in on what's on the other side, in tends to confirm my belief that when it's over, it's over.

They don't go anywhere.

Either their mortal remains get buried or burned up.

And when they're dead, they're dead. Lights out, game over, the end.
How do you know that, though?

I don't know for sure.

But when you consider the number of people who have lived and died since the beginning of time and not a single one of those countless billions have some how found a way to get back and let us in on what's on the other side, in tends to confirm my belief that when it's over, it's over.

Are you sure? There are a lot of testimonies out there from credible people who would say you are wrong about that.

Tibetans have collected delog accounts for hundreds of years. Tibet has an amazing tradition of gifted people who return from clinical death to describe what they experienced. These people are called delogs, or returners from death. Profoundly spiritual, delogs are sent back by enlightened ones to record and share their experiences. Their experiences are in some ways similar to western near death experiences, except that delogs leave their bodies for many days, sometimes up to a week, not just for a few minutes. This allows them to travel far beyond the time of death.

Forum List

Back