Where do they come from???

I might have something to offer to this discussion, but not until it's moved to where it belongs, my sandbox. :eusa_snooty:

The percentage of new additions that are worth keeping is so low that I might consider locking the proverbial door if I had that power.

The last new member that was humorous and made any sense was a poster named paulitics. Since then, it's been steady downhill around here.

I am pleased to have contributed to that downfall you mention, at least I impacted your life in some meaningful way. But no matter how hard I try, I am sure there's always someone who is even worse than me, I'm sure... :razz:

People come and go. I've seen hundreds come and go here already. I've found that if someone is a pain in the ass today, just bide your time and sooner or later, they're gone. So who cares?

the influx of newbies is definitely getting out of hand, the board is changing and not for the better. oh how i long for the old days when this board was cutting edge and exciting and all the genius level posting from us old timers would really stand out but now with all these new posters our brilliance is hidden in a sea of drek.

put a sock in it, oldtimer, your day has passed.
:lol:
Quiet noob!

Oh wait, I'm the noob...

well shut my mouth!

I came to hear some fresh opinions and ideas...

Someone said there was free vicodin too, to help us through the Barry years, but I haven't seen it yet...

;)

I don't know about the other folks, but I put "political discussion message board" into google, and this is the first one that popped up. I checked it out and it looked lively and interesting, so I jumped in.

that is how i got here too...i came from a censored board...i couldnt stand it any longer...but people seemed chatty enough....and accepting but it is all in the way you hit the board....so i guess it is up to the noob...to make a reasonabley decent impression

i still dont know what a sock puppet is

Urban Dictionary: sock puppet

An account made on an internet message board, by a person who already has an account, for the purpose of posting more-or-less anonymously.

1: A fake personality, usually a 'friend' or 'sister,' created by a drama queen/king for the sake of defending him/herself against others in an online forum.

2: Someone who might be an actual person but behaves like the above, defending someone who really deserves no defense.
After mskyootie44 left the board in a snit, she made a sock puppet claiming to be her sister that told us we should all be ashamed of how mean we were because mskyootie was cutting herself in the bathroom.

Okay, here's how it is, for a site to be worth the price and effort to maintain people have to use it, otherwise what's the point. New members show popularity as well, meaning we are doing something right when we get more, and something wrong when we don't. If you have a problem with new people then keep it to yourself, if you have a problem with assholes, that's fine. Noobs are different than newbies also, noobs are those who never learn no matter how long they are a member, newbies are what keeps us alive here.

The last thing I will state on this matter, new ideas and opinions keep things fresh, yes you have to weather a few annoyances sometimes, but all those you have interacted with too long you start to predict too often, and that's just plain boring. Bottom line, please stop whining about the new members.

I was unaware that there wa a difference between noiob and newb. Thank you for the clarification.

I've tried a couple different board but thi is def the most active and interesting. I also like that there is no filter. Some places you can't even write "Dick Cheney"

Forum List

Back